?? El Capitan (Hollywood) Theater Seating ??

GrandCanyon

Mouseketeer
We're going to buy VIP tickets at Disney's El Captian in Hollywood. Right now they have a live stage show, in addition to the Wurlitzer organ. Anyhoo ...

Has anyone been in the theater, and would you recommend the first row in the balcony over a closer row on the floor?

I don't want to sit to close to the screen, since it's a movie ... but I don't want to be too far away from the show and the organ for the preshow.

Yeah, I would reccomend sitting in the balcony, even if it's not the very first row. You can still have a great view of the stage anywhere in the first half of the balcony.

I would recommend first row balcony, or the center section down below - make sure you're not on the edge as the view is slightly affected there.

I've been there a few times & think it's a lovely theater.

We've been going to the El Capitan ever since they have been presenting Disney movies (I believe the Rocketeer was the first one we went to), and have always bought VIP tickets to movies there (we miss the special programs that you used to get with the VIP tickets). For the past three showing there, we've opted to sit in the balcony VIP sections and have liked them better than the ones on the floor. The primary reasons are that the sight lines are better for movies and the restrooms are located up there (we have kids, and have found that the basement restrooms are inconvient and sometimes crowded).

Are the seats on the first row in the orchastra too close for the movie? Is the first row in the balcony too far away for the Preshow? Not to be crude, but if your on the first row of the orchastra are you looking up into the backend of the organist?

... just trying to get the best seats for the movie AND the preshow AND the organist AND feel like we're a part of it.

If you had a choice of 5th row Orchastra, or 1st row Balcony, where would you want to sit? Or would you hold out until they open one of the first four rows in the orchastra?

Hi, Does anyone know if there will be a live show with the Sleeping Beauty perfromances? Also, has anyone ever been to their Character Breakfast? Does anyone know which characters usually show up?! Thanks!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter