Elf Island's Shark GoodQuest - now available!!

Slinkyman

Earning My Ears
Elf Island's Shark GoodQuest is now up for everyone to play. :)

AceFighterPilot said:
This morning, Elf Island officially launched its second GoodQuest, Preservation or more commonly known as the SharkQuest. The quest goal is to finish 30,000 virtual zones so Elf Island can help repair 6 real boats used to help catch shark poachers in the Galapagos Islands. I had the opportunity of logging in at opening and get some details about the quest that everyone should know.

The following information has been asked and responded to by a staff member in the game. vv

• You are only allowed to complete 9 un-cleared zones each day. After you complete the first 9, 3 more zones become available the next day. Until then, you are considered cleared. If you choose to keep playing the cleared zones, it will be considered practice and pure enjoyment. The cleared zones allow you to free trapped sharks, collect coins and attempt to beat your personal best time. It will not count toward the quest goal. You will have to wait till the next day in order for the zones to reset. From there, the process repeats itself.

I am still trying to get 100% accurate on this information.

GoodQuest Tips

• Some of you may be wondering how to complete the maze. The answer to that is to find the Poacher Boat. The Poacher Boat can be seen with a skull on the side of it. It is always toward the top of the maze (near the surface). The tricky part is getting to the top. Sometimes you will need to swim all the way down to the bottom in order to go on the correct path leading to it. It all depends on your starting point. Keep a close eye on the your maze map (located on the top left of your screen). It tells you where you are and can help lead you to the top by pointing out turns and dead ends.

• Do you get stuck alot in the rocks? Can't move while you're stuck? I have found that if you press the left arrow key then the down arrow key at the same time, it frees you. Please note that this method of freeing yourself may not work for some. If you are still stuck, it may be a bug with the game, or a very tricky part of the game. Continue to attempt to free yourself by pressing all arrow keys. If nothing, click the QuestHeart and try the maze again.

• Remain patient and don't give up! Remember that this is a new GoodQuest and some bugs may not be worked out yet. If your computer is going slow or you're having extreme lag, remember that it might be better after a couple days have passed. Many people may be trying to play the new GoodQuest, hence, may cause severe game lag. However bad the lag may be, never give up! We need all the help we can get if we want to reach that goal!

Quest Milestones

This morning, gamedudegame became the first player to complete all nine zones of the SharkQuest. Visit gamedude's picture thread to view the announcement.

Helpful Threads

We also have threads that are being used to help you with information regarding the quest.

Shark GoodQuest Pictures Credit to gamedude

GoodQuest Preservation - Official Virtual Zone Updater

This thread, along with the other threads, will be updated as more information is found out about this quest. If you find any information that is not listed here, please post.

Thanks and Good Luck!

I gave the new quest a shot but... I couldnt figure out what I was doing LOL. I think I need to read the directions again. I dont know I feel this one might be too hard for kids in their targetted age group by first look.

Their new blog entry says they have been tweaking the quest. I have not tried it yet but will do so soon :thumbsup2

Their new blog entry says they have been tweaking the quest. I have not tried it yet but will do so soon :thumbsup2

It's much better. When I first tried it I couldn't clear a zone. Now I can usually clear a zone with a minute or more to spare. I've done all 9 zones twice. :cool1:

hmm well I wish I knew your secret, my shark is too big, too clumbsy, slow and I have only cleared one area in two days, sigh... and I thought the first quest was hard.... sadly I doubt I will be saving many sharks at this rate :(

It's much better. When I first tried it I couldn't clear a zone. Now I can usually clear a zone with a minute or more to spare. I've done all 9 zones twice. :cool1:

hmm well I wish I knew your secret, my shark is too big, too clumbsy, slow and I have only cleared one area in two days, sigh... and I thought the first quest was hard.... sadly I doubt I will be saving many sharks at this rate :(

hmmm I'll have to give it a shot

All my zones need to be cleared, grrr... can I hire you?

I've been able to clear zones somewhat better than before. Actually earned lifepreserver and siren light. Maybe I'll make it to the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter