Eliminate the Park Reservation Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the comparison is that people are saying universal is practically open for business as normal, while Disney is still lagging tremendously behind. Which is a factual statement

I haven't checked lately, but Universal had been closing to capacity at least into April and possibly part of May. Even hotel guests had to wait in a line to get in. They also still have not re-opened all attractions and food. Their park hours have also not quite returned to normal.

I haven't checked lately, but Universal had been closing to capacity at least into April and possibly part of May. Even hotel guests had to wait in a line to get in. They also still have not re-opened all attractions and food. Their park hours have also not quite returned to normal.
Fair, but I dont think anyone going to UO would think the experience is watered down, at least not nearly as much as WDW is at the moment

I don't have a problem with the idea of park reservations...as long as the capacity is back to no-restrictions. I know there are normal uber-capacity days (Christmas,, New Year, 4th of July etc) that parks can potentially reach capacity. I would assume the park res system is useful for staffing. But I want to be able to EASILY make them and switch them up, even day-of.

They haven’t actually made that statement. They have opened up reservations to include it. It can be dropped at any moment, just like the masks and distancing requirements are.

It was quite clearly stated that it was staying for some time. https://blogmickey.com/2020/08/disney-parks-chairman-park-reservation-system-is-here-to-stay/

It may have started with COVID but it now has to do with the level of control Disney can assert over park crowds to guide things like staffing, inventory restocking, park hours, etc.

The technology doesn’t only help us during a time of a pandemic, but I also think it actually leads to a better cast and guest experience. So these are things that are helping us now, but I think they’re here to stay.
-Josh D’Amaro, Disney Parks Chairman 08-2020

https://chipandco.com/bob-chapek-confirms-disney-virtual-queues-park-passes-are-here-to-stay-432129/ Chapek 05-2021

Fair, but I dont think anyone going to UO would think the experience is watered down, at least not nearly as much as WDW is at the moment

It's hard to say. We went to both in July and Thanksgiving and have been many times in the before time. I guess I haven't really missed any of the shows at Disney, because we don't really like most of them. We are also not big character people. QS is equally messed up at both. Some attractions that we really like have not been open at Universal, but we haven't missed any attractions at Disney. Not being able to get back into a park at Universal kept us from leaving midday. Whereas, with park reservations, we knew we could get back in. I guess it's a toss up for us.

It's hard to say. We went to both in July and Thanksgiving and have been many times in the before time. I guess I haven't really missed any of the shows at Disney, because we don't really like most of them. We are also not big character people. QS is equally messed up at both. Some attractions that we really like have not been open at Universal, but we haven't missed any attractions at Disney. Not being able to get back into a park at Universal kept us from leaving midday. Whereas, with park reservations, we knew we could get back in. I guess it's a toss up for us.
I’m not concerned about characters too much either but I would like to see the shows and fireworks back. At this point with restrictions lifting there’s no excuse not to.
I’m also sure I’m in the minority, but I’d like to have the restaurants back open again, with regular offerings. Buffets and all the norms....

Just another reason not to go back. I will never return until it is back the way I like it. I expect to be able to buy APs, see fireworks and shows, get my picture taken while hugging characters, eat, etc.

I am fine without WDW. I won't pay for the crap that they are selling right now. I am stunned that people who know how much they are being ripped off are.

Some of us don't buy annual passes, never do the meet and greets and seldom stay to watch the fireworks. We like the shows and would miss them if they weren't back by the time we go again but it's not a deal breaker for us. We've always been flexible on where we eat and so the limited openings wouldn't affect us either. I understand these are all very important to you and as a result it makes no sense for you to return right now. For the rest of us, we aren't being ripped off if things we care little about aren't there when we go.

Sure, for some people, not everyone. Definitely not watered down for me.

My trips have not changed at all since the reopen. I take that back, I have actually been able to go on more rides then I have in the past with lower capacity. I travel mainly solo and it is impossible to see the fireworks from anywhere close. Same with the parades. I don't do the character meet and greets because how many times can you get your picture taken with Mickey? For people like us, that go all the time, this has been great.

Chapek quite literally said it was here to stay "Beyond the scope of the pandemic." It allows them to more accurately staff the parks.

fast passes did the same thing. Meaning fast passes might not be coming back like we know it. Meaning fast passes will have a cost.

Just another reason not to go back. I will never return until it is back the way I like it. I expect to be able to buy APs, see fireworks and shows, get my picture taken while hugging characters, eat, etc.

I am fine without WDW. I won't pay for the crap that they are selling right now. I am stunned that people who know how much they are being ripped off are.
A lot of people are locked in as owners at DVC. Sure they can still go to the overpriced timeshare and just stay there. But the reason people pay big bucks for them is to be close to Disney world. So they go for the water downed experience since they have to travel there once every year or two anyway. That group is probably a much larger percentage of attendance than usual right now.

Because it's kind of a cult and they recruited me young. I probably won't ever stay for 5 days or more like I used to, but I'm still fine with short trips of 2-3 nights to get my fix during Halloween season or marathon weekend (if it ever comes back).

If you're booking fast passes in advance anyway how different is this to the park pass system? If you're an AP holder you can book on the day anyway right? if the park isn't at capacity. Theres a lot of benefits to the system too like being able to book boarding groups from home rather than showing up at HS at 7am which you couldnt do without park pass.

A lot of people are locked in as owners at DVC. Sure they can still go to the overpriced timeshare and just stay there. But the reason people pay big bucks for them is to be close to Disney world. So they go for the water downed experience since they have to travel there once every year or two anyway. That group is probably a much larger percentage of attendance than usual right now.

The DVC resale market is at an incredibly high level. No DVC owners are “locked in”. Any that wanted to could quickly sell their contract. And many could do it with a sizable profit, And none have to travel. Even if they didn’t want to sell, points are easily rented to others. The demand is actually astronomical right now. Points are rented in hours if not minutes.

There are an estimated 220,000 club members

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter