• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

EMH, avatar and FP+

lovethesun12

DIS Veteran
I'm really trying to figure out the best way to do this.

I have a toddler and preschooler so really would prefer to avoid the whole being first in line for rope drop thing as well as waiting long periods of time in lines.

I will be booking FP+ 63 days out. I'm thinking I'll be able to get FOP for the afternoon but probably not morning. We are doing rider swap (actually just booking 2 FP+ not bothering with the card. I'm too worried DH will not get the swap card:))

We were thinking navi river journey during EMH (show up right before EMH starts) and possibly Kilimanjaro safaris, kali river rapids and some shows. Then lunch then FOP after that.

Is that reasonable? Will the FP+ line be horrendous that late in the day? Should we do FOP during EMH instead?

Thanks in advance!

I would get a FP for FOP when every you can and then decide what to do after this but I think doing the river at RD is a great idea

If you can get a FP for FoP at 63 days out, then you'll definitely want that. The FP line will never be a long wait unless the ride goes down

If you can't get a FP for it (most people get it 64+ days out), then arriving as early as you can before emh starts would be your next best bet

I don't think you'll have a lot of choices for times if your able to get a FoP FP at all. That's the one I tried for first, at day 64, and wasn't able to get anything. Day 66 I got an afternoon FP, and day 68 a morning FP. SO, if you can get anything, just grab it and work your other plans around it.

We just got back from Disney and we got two fasspasses for FOP on two days. Don't waste a fasspass for navi river. If you can get a fasspass for this do no matter what the times are.

We were on the buses to animal kingdom and at 8am the app was already showing a 40 min wait.

We did the EMH one morning (walked in at 815) and it was a 2 hour wait for FOP and 10 minutes for the navi river.

If are planning two days at animal kingdom get two fasspasses for FOP.

For the EMH there will be line to the right and someone holding a sign saying FOP and that is the end of the line.

The ride is amazing but nothing is worth 2 hours of the waiting in line for.

Thanks! What do you all think about changing the day I visit animal kingdom to a non-EMH day? Then I'll be able to get a FOP FP+ for sure, but would have to do Navi with the regular crowds. Like I mentioned earlier, I really want my kids to experience navi river, but don't want to wait in line, so I'd rather skip FOP than wait an hour in line at rope drop!

We are going over Easter so really like the EMH usually - rarely do afternoons since it's so busy.

I'm thinking I might even skip it all the way until Easter 2019 :)

I don't think you'll have a lot of choices for times if your able to get a FoP FP at all. That's the one I tried for first, at day 64, and wasn't able to get anything. Day 66 I got an afternoon FP, and day 68 a morning FP. SO, if you can get anything, just grab it and work your other plans around it.

How are you able to book passes earlier than 60 days out I didn't knw this was an option? Thanks!

How are you able to book passes earlier than 60 days out I didn't knw this was an option? Thanks!
If your vacation is 60 days out, you can book a FP for the first day of your vacation and then for the rest of it.

So we were planning to go to AK on day 3 of our vacation, but since we are staying 7 nights could book it 67 days out if I wanted to visit there the last day of our vacation :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter