End of cruise survey - online

cvjw

DIS Veteran
Just disembarked the fantasy. They were testing out having a few guests submit the end of cruise survey online. Only guests on deck 8. We were emailed the link and the card with the QR code was left in our cabin. Was very easy - same survey as always. Just hit submit and done. We always seem to forget to physically put the paper survey in the boxes on the last morning. This way seems much better.

Attachments

• IMG_4249.jpeg
    IMG_4249.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 14
We received the online survey on our cruise in January on the Fantasy. We were also on deck 8. I was hoping they would switch over to that on all the ships before our WBTA in October.

We also got the online survey this time - we were sailing deck 6 on the Magic. I know they’re still trialing it, because they still had the spots for physically turning it in and CMs were asking everyone to make sure they dropped them off at breakfast before debarkation. My husband did it this time and it seemed really quick and easy.

We turned the survey in on Thursday, and I got an online survey to do as well. We were on deck 7.

The online survey is different.

Last edited:
Just disembarked the fantasy. They were testing out having a few guests submit the end of cruise survey online. Only guests on deck 8. We were emailed the link and the card with the QR code was left in our cabin. Was very easy - same survey as always. Just hit submit and done. We always seem to forget to physically put the paper survey in the boxes on the last morning. This way seems much better.
How large is the area for extra comments? I find I usually have to include an extra page with the old comment card.

I did the survey online on the Wonder in January (deck 6). I received it on the morning of day 5 of a 6 day cruise and had done it before getting the sales pitch from the head server at dinner that night. There was a character limit in the area for extra comments as I ran out of space and had to rewrite/summarise my comments.

We turned the survey in on Thursday, and I got an online survey to do as well. We were on deck 7.

The online survey is different.
Do you mean an after the cruise online survey? Because I got that as well, but we didn’t get the traditional paper survey in the stateroom, just a paper with instructions/QR code.

I did the survey online on the Wonder in January (deck 6). I received it on the morning of day 5 of a 6 day cruise and had done it before getting the sales pitch from the head server at dinner that night. There was a character limit in the area for extra comments as I ran out of space and had to rewrite/summarise my comments.
That’s what I was afraid of...no way to give full feedback. I know most people do not add more info, but we always add our list of things we wish that they would bring back, or new things we really liked, and positive comments on cast members.

We never use internet on a cruise. How would that work if you did buy the package?

Just off a Wish cruise concierge, deck 11, and the QR code for the cruise survey was everywhere: displayed on screen outside concierge lounge, displayed on screen outside restaurant on final night, and from QR code provided by our server. I filled out the survey the last night of the cruise as well as a second email survey that I received the day after the cruise that was different from the usual onboard survey. The second survey was more about the ship and how I chose a cruise vacation with no opportunity to name any cast members, etc.

How large is the area for extra comments? I find I usually have to include an extra page with the old comment card.
500 characters. Larger than the handwritten area of the old survey, but not large enough. I had written too much and had to delete some sentences! I loved the online option, though!

500 characters. Larger than the handwritten area of the old survey, but not large enough. I had written too much and had to delete some sentences! I loved the online option, though!
I wonder if you can opt for the hard copy survey, instead of having to do the online one.

I know I could just send an email with whatever I couldn't fit on the comment section separately, but I'd like to know (for sure) that my comments stay with the actual comment card.

I wonder if you can opt for the hard copy survey, instead of having to do the online one.

I know I could just send an email with whatever I couldn't fit on the comment section separately, but I'd like to know (for sure) that my comments stay with the actual comment card.
You had to go to guest services to get a paper copy of the survey if you were on the deck they were using for the online trial. Even the room attendants just had the QR codes to hand out. Not the actual paper surveys.

We sailed the Dream 4/12 and 4/15 and got the online survey only. I didn't do it on the first cruise, too much of a hassle for me to do anything on the phone and I figured that was how it is now. Then at breakfast the last morning, we saw our son had a comment card. When we got the online option again on the 2nd cruise we asked our stateroom host for the paper card. As noted above he explained it was a test for deck 8 but to go to Guest Services if we wanted one. We did, waited in a long line (almost missed a nighttime event I wanted to attend) just to be told no, they couldn't give us one as they are coded. So for the second time, our awesome servers and host missed out on glowing reviews because DCL was forcing us to do it on the phone, which I won't.

This is very frustrating as for years they have stressed just how important this feedback is, and we always want to give credit where it is due, but then they make is difficult for us to do it. I understand some people, especially younger adults love the "convenience" of the phone however I don't find it convenient at all. I don't understand why they don't just give an option to do either or??? :confused3 It seems that would be the best way to get more people to do it. I did send an email about this and noted our servers, host, and another CM that made a difference to us, so I hope they get the recognition they deserve. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter