End of cruise survey - online

How large is the area for extra comments? I find I usually have to include an extra page with the old comment card.
I often wonder if those extra comments even get read. Usually surveys are set up to get information about specific things the managers are curious about, and only comments within the parameters of the survey questions are tallied.
Although I am not sure Disney ever asked about dropping the soda packages and making soda included. That certainly could have been them listening to pretty strong feedback that their customers expected soda to be included.

I wonder if you can opt for the hard copy survey, instead of having to do the online one.

I know I could just send an email with whatever I couldn't fit on the comment section separately, but I'd like to know (for sure) that my comments stay with the actual comment card.

You had to go to guest services to get a paper copy of the survey if you were on the deck they were using for the online trial. Even the room attendants just had the QR codes to hand out. Not the actual paper surveys.

Our stateroom host told us this but it was not correct. We went to GS and were told no they couldn't give us one as they are coded. We HAD to do it online. We did not do it.

Our stateroom host told us this but it was not correct. We went to GS and were told no they couldn't give us one as they are coded. We HAD to do it online. We did not do it.
Well, that would get a definite email/snail mail response from me. I truly believe in using comment/survey post cruise to let them know how things went. But they seem to really not care, maybe just making a show at seeming to want to know those things to keep the public happy. The harder they make it, the fewer people who do it, and then nothing gets changed/fixed meaning the actual cruise experience may not actually meet the expectations people have.

Well, that would get a definite email/snail mail response from me. I truly believe in using comment/survey post cruise to let them know how things went. But they seem to really not care, maybe just making a show at seeming to want to know those things to keep the public happy. The harder they make it, the fewer people who do it, and then nothing gets changed/fixed meaning the actual cruise experience may not actually meet the expectations people have.

I just heard back from DCL today. They advised paper comment cards can be requested at Guest Services but they understand my concerns with these changes. :rolleyes2 I guess you can request anything, but you won't necessarily be given it. :laughing: Or they just didn't read the part of my email where I said we asked for one at GS but were told no.

Interesting. Our server and stateroom host both said to go to guest services for a paper survey. I didn’t - I actually liked the online version much better.

I often wonder if those extra comments even get read. Usually surveys are set up to get information about specific things the managers are curious about, and only comments within the parameters of the survey questions are tallied.
Although I am not sure Disney ever asked about dropping the soda packages and making soda included. That certainly could have been them listening to pretty strong feedback that their customers expected soda to be included.
I met a lady on one of the first cruises on the dream after Covid. Most of the ship was filled by DCL employees - everyone else must have been scared to cruise. Her job was reading the comment cards. Everyday. So someone is reading them!

Also met an employee whose job was to read the action reports from each cruise. Said it was fascinating reading.

I did a B2B on the Magic last Jan/Feb and got the online survey. It was easy to fill in. But on the second leg I couldn’t because of a technical issue. I had to go down to Guest Service and show on my phone before they wanted to give me a paper version.

On top of mentioning (on the survey) the name of the crew members that were extra magical, I sent a message through the DCL website once I got home to congratulate one crew member in particular with more details. And I received an answer a few weeks after that.

We received the QR code for the survey on our wish sailing in February, but I didn't do it as my brain didn't process that it had to be done while I was onboard.

We just got off the Magic today and they were piloting the online survey on deck 6 so we received it. I thought it was easy to do.

I wonder if you can opt for the hard copy survey, instead of having to do the online one.

I know I could just send an email with whatever I couldn't fit on the comment section separately, but I'd like to know (for sure) that my comments stay with the actual comment card.

I just heard back from DCL today. They advised paper comment cards can be requested at Guest Services but they understand my concerns with these changes. :rolleyes2 I guess you can request anything, but you won't necessarily be given it. :laughing: Or they just didn't read the part of my email where I said we asked for one at GS but were told no.
I was on the Wonder, deck 6 last February. We were given the QR code to do online. I went to guest services to get a paper one and was told no I had to do it online. There isn't much room for comments. You don't need wifi package to do it, just the ship wifi will do.

Just got off the Magic and did not get a physical survey but was prompted to do it on the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter