~Enough LaZiNess AlrEady ~ LaZyLady's TR FiNALLY done

Day Seven was bright, sunny, gorgeous, warm but not too too hot. LM was feeling so much better after all the rest the day before.

Once again, a lazy morning rolled on into an early lunch at...Earls. This time was equally as good!
282.jpg

We rate Earl an 8 (LM) and 9 ::yes:: .

On to World of Disney! The special offer was the black Mickey rolling duffel. and I found hoodies on sale for half off, so picked up a white Mickey one.
LM got the Hawaiian shirt w/ Mickey - we were all set w/ a duffel for each of us. Score!

Then :beach: beach time! Blizzard Beach that is! This park was cool, although we didn't do the rides, we did take the "ski lift" to the top for the view, awesome. The lazy river was fun but I still rated TL's higher.

We liked it alot. Marked as a "will do again" for next time, it didn't surpass Typhoon Lagoon - you know us by now, we're all about the tropical theming.

ADR for this night was at San Angel - however when we took the Gran Fiesta boat tour a couple days previous, LM had not been keen on the dining in fake twilight watching the boaters. So we had cancelled that ADR and not replaced it. This worked out b/c Artist Point the night before had taken 2 TS credits - plus, we didn't want to push the issue w/ LM's back. So it was an early night for us. I'm sure we had a CS dinner somewhere but can't find any notes on it. So will leave you as we head back to CBR for our last night there, a night time walk on the beach and an early snooze...... so we'll be ready to have a nice last morning at CBR tomorrow.

Wow so much to comment on.

Sorry about LM back. Hope surgery is soon on the horizon.

Everytime I see the initials for luckyman I keep thinking limegreen mickeyheads.

Glad you enjoyed Artist pointe. Sounds like it was a good choice.

I'm not keen on dinning under the fake sky in mexico either. Although I sure do enjoy the air conditionning and my eyes enjoy the break from squinting in the full sunlight (that is assuming it wasn't raining like it was for most of my last trip),

I love Target as well. Although I was born and breed in Toronto. Never discovered a super Target. Maybe there is one in Myrtle Beach and I can visit it this spring break. Will have to look into that. Or maybe a 24 hour one and while the family is at the hotel overnight I could pop into one. I never sleep well on the one stop we make each night anyhow.

About the sadness over the memories of the kids at the party. I totally get that. Sorry you had to experience that. Sometimes I want to shrink my own kids back into younger ages and revisit them at that age. Then again I could get off the computer right now and visit with them at this age right now. Which is what I should do. Eeoyre is still up. He never needed much sleep even as an infant. But even though he is 10 now he still wants me tuck him in and give him a kiss each night. I'll be sad when he stops asking.

Looking forward to hearing about your last day.

Well what happened to lazy? Wow, you almost did the whole trip in 1 day of writing.

It's too bad about the Akershues. My father and I dined there in 1989, before the princesses. It was a buffet then, but it was excellent. I've heard nothing good about it since I joined the DIS.

I am glad you enjoyed Boma. That was our favorite also. Quite a nice surprise for a buffet!

You don't realize how physically demanding WDW is until that 4th or 5th day! I warned my DH as he doesn't do any excercise. We always left the parks around 3PM to take a break. You know a whole day of just sticking around the resort is probably a good idea. With or without the bad back.

I'm so sorry that MNSSHP made you sad. I can understand though

awwwww, thanks Diamond and Kristel!!

Hopefully tomorrow I can finish up our TR.
Our last day was our favorite day!

Hugs,
Daisy xoxoxoxo

:rolleyes1 oh didn't I finish? :lmao:

promise to finish this week. two weeks 'til our next trip, yay!

Thanks for the comments Oh Mari, lazydoxy and Diamond.:goodvibes

Love your thread. Can't wait for the rest of it! Hope LM is feeling better. From one bad back to another, tell him I feel is pain.:goodvibes

:goodvibes Thanks very faithful readers for hanging in!!

~Next to last day~ Day 8 is just great! ~

We woke up to another gorgeous sunny day (sorry Diamond I almost feel bad for all our sun :cool2: ) and Lucky Man took the opportunity
to snap lots of pictures of his oh so beloved CBR. No tropical foliage near our resort room would go unphotographed on his watch.

104.jpg

Check out was fine and it was off to the Swan. LM was sweet to agree to a couple resort changes this trip.
I really wanted to try the Swan
071.jpg

It's so close to Epcot and the Boardwalk!

Check in was smooth - Mike was a very welcoming bellman & Debbie couldn't have been nicer at reception.

The room rocked! We were in room #489 West. Lots of space, wonderful view. Loved the bed, flat screen tv and in room amenities.

Call me shallow but after the poor coffee of the vacation so far, it was HEAVEN :cloud9: to have Starbucks in the room! Starcrack on demand!
LM asked Housekeeping for a couple extra coffee packets. I love him.
I don't drink a lot of Starbucks but once in a while, it's awesome. And sometimes at WDW you need a little pick me up.
Again, call me shallow - I also enjoy the Bath & Bodyworks toiletries.
Cocount Lime Verbena is a lovely scent that reminds me fondly of the Swan.

And the HEAVENLY Bed was. Heavenly. :cloud9:

So all checked in at the Swan. Whatcha gonna do? That's right! Gotta go to Epcot WS, we debated taking the boat but decided to walk to see the Boardwalk along the way.

You know that little feeling of excitement, almost tingling, you get just before you see the castle?
That's the feeling :wizard: I got when we got to the walkway that said "Disney's Boardwalk".
P9200858.jpg

Something about being able to WALK there really does it for me.

We enjoyed the stroll - that WS entrance - the VIEW! It's amazing.
202.jpg

and went for lunch at Yakitori House. :thumbsup2 LM had the chicken & beef, I had the shrimp tempura udon. Next time I will get chicken.
P9200895_01.jpg

We had an ADR for dinner at Teppan Edo that we needed to cancel so after lunch we took the elevator up to cancel in person (I wanted to peek in anyway). There was the CUTEST little Asian boy and his beautiful Mom in the elevator with us , and LM asked him to take our picture, which he did. It turned out great & we all smiled happily at each other!

Then we took the time to go through the department store which we'd Never been in! It is so cool with the neatest toys displays in the back, and a must do for the next trip.

Up next - so what IS for dinner? Hmmmm? Can it be as good as Teppan Edo?

The room sounds fabulous. I like the 'Starcrack' comment. :rotfl2:
I'm glad it was a great day to do your walk.

We woke up to another gorgeous sunny day (sorry Diamond I almost feel bad for all our sun )

Thanks for thinking of me! Here's hoping my birthday trip will be sunny!

People go on and on about how bad Disney water is but for me it's the coffee. It's horrible. So I too would be thrilled to have starbucks in my resort.

I bet it is exciting walking to Epcot. I would have goosebumps.

Looking forward to hearing about your dinner and good for you for coming back to finish this puppy off!

P9200847.jpg

We enjoyed the Grotto pool and it was a quick walk away

Palm trees ranks high among our most favorite of views!

P9200848_01.jpg

~AND. the HEAVENLY Bed so WAS Heavenly!
P9200844.jpg

After we enjoyed Japan and a bit of the WS,
P9200899.jpg

we headed back to the Swan to try out the Grotto pool - fabulous! Loved it. Relaxed there for a while, then changed to go to the MK.

We needed to get to the MK by 8pm to catch
P9200935_01.jpg

Spectro.

P9200943_01.jpg

After Spectro, we were so hungry, and every CS seemed packed. Headed to Columbia Harbour House. We had fish & chips, chili & chowder - notes from that night said "not good", poorest CS meals we had on our trip. However we didn't regret cancelling at Teppan Edo as we were lucky enough to catch TWO fireworks shows at the MK that night. Apparently some company was "auditioning" for Disney, so after dinner, as we waited on the bridge by Tomorrowland for Wishes, there was another, equally spectacular show over the Seven Seas Lagoon! LM had trouble w/ the new camera's night time settings, so the videos of the fireworks turned out great but not the pictures so much.
What a night though!

The only downside was the crowd rush to leave. Next time we'll take our time leaving and avoid that scene.

When we got back to our room late that night, Debbie had sent a bottle of sparkling bubbly in an ice bucket with a sweet card congratulating us on celebrating our anniversary. Very romantic ending to the evening!

We'll leave you now as we sip our bubbly on the balcony overlooking the palm trees....

Sunday was another gorgeous sunny day. :goodvibes
For the first time on our trip, LM was up first! :cool2:
I could hear him up & moving :laughing: but could not seem to open my eyes. Yes it was MY turn to hit the wall! :rotfl2:

LM said oh so quietly, "Honey want to go to the pool?"
"Noooooo", I groaned and rolled over, pulling the duvet over my head.

LM was off! :cool2: He went to the Grotto pool for about an hour, then came back. "Honey, do you want some breakfast?" "Noooo" I said again.
This wasn't even related to the bubbly of the night before. :rotfl:

LM offered to make coffee, I politely declined. He then said he was going
to the Boardwalk
P9200921.jpg

P9200872_01.jpg

Bakery, yum!!

I said please pick me up something nice for lunch, for later. I also suggested he pop into the ESPN club.

P9200874_01.jpg

Am I nice or what? :laughing: Acutally it was the bone tiredness coming out.
As LM left I noticed it was almost noon. Started the starcrack brewing, turned on the NFL today and snuggled back under the covers w/ coffee. Slowly the life force started to return.

The magic potion,speaking for myself, was a combination of first the Starbucks and then the chocolate malt at Beaches & Cream. :lovestruc

As soon as LM came back from the Boardwalk Bakery and ESPN club, we headed for Beaches & Cream. What a funny CM at the soda counter!
Not to mention the best chocolate malt maker ever, wish we'd gotten his name. Well he knows who he is.

Then off to Typhoon Lagoon
P9210982.jpg

LM hit the wave pool & you know where I went - I'm not in this pic, he didn't have his glasses anyway so he just took a general pic of my fave place at TL
P9210985-1.jpg

This was our last full day, and LM likes to hit all of our faves the last day.
So we'd visited Beaches & Cream, had our last hurrah at Typhoon Lagoon, where would we spend our last night at WDW?

We spent our last evening at WS at Epcot!
P9200917.jpg

This time we walked to the Boardwalk
P9200855.jpg

then took the boat
P9200868.jpg

P9200863_01.jpg

P9200881.jpg

P9200889_01.jpg

France

P9200897.jpg

Japan

We snacked a bit as late afternoon turned into evening.

It was nice to relax & take our time this night.

We enjoyed a very yummy dinner at the Cantina in Mexico, getting our table about 20 minutes before Illuminations.
Watching the show from there was magic!

We agreed that this Sunday evening at Epcot WS was our best experience there so far.
Walking hand in hand past the countries, we talked about -OH YES!- ~bounce back!
What a wonderful way to end our vacation.

091.jpg

Thanks Disney pals for sharing our trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter