• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Entre question - Saana

dkrauss

Goofy Fan from Jersey
Hi folks,

Looking at the current dinner menu at Saana and noticed "South African Braaivleis" the description discuss "fried meats" o_O What does that mean?

Curious and looking to try something different on our upcoming trip.

Thanks in advance for any help here.

Doug :goofy:

I have food allergies so it's possible my sides are different (I can't remember if they subbed anything out or not)

enhance

I have food allergies so it's possible my sides are different (I can't remember if they subbed anything out or not)

enhance
"Fire grilled"...oops :D Wow...…..thanks for the picture! Doesn't look like a ton of food....however...... I'm sold...…….thank you so much :-)

Doug :goofy:

It's bigger than the picture looks I think. Between that and sharing a bread service I was stuffed!

A “braai” is a South African bbq. Going from the picture posted, it looks like
boerewors which is a SA sausage, then lamb chop and I am not sure about the meat but probably steak?

Looks like the 3rd meat is most likely Pork Tenderloin, possibly Teres Major (Shoulder Tenderloin)

The lamb shank is amazing!! My wife and I have shared this twice.
This was suggested to us on our first visit and it was some good!

Also the bread service is excellent with the full service option. It is nice to try all the different dips and compare.

Their reds wines also pair very well with the lamb.

enhance

We love Sanaa have previously had lunch there but when I showed Bob this picture he said “I want this” so I think I have to squeeze in a dinner this trip too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter