• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot Boat Transfer in ECV?

shadow

Earning My Ears
Have changed plans for Mom's 80th birthday and we are staying at the Yatch Club Resort since it is closer to Epcot. What is the boat transportation like (manuvering) as far as using an ECV? Thought it might be easier than using the bus or monorail and it is direct also. Please enlighten me as this is my first experience at Epcot with my Mom in ECV. Thanks again for your assistance. Tink's Shadow

The Friendship boats to Epcot & MGM are fully wheelchair accessible and easy to board. You enter through the back door onto the open deck at the rear, but might need to turn around so you are facing the right way to get off. (Ask the CM at the boat dock which side you will be getting off at the other end). There are also paths to each park which might be faster for the ECV user though a bit of a walk for anyone with them. (I usually stay at Boardwalk and use the path to Epcot whilst my wife always uses the boats. I sometimes use the boat to MGM to acompany my wife on the longer trip.

You will still need to use buses to MK and AK.

Only places I have ever had a problem using the boats were Wilderness Lodge and Ft Wilderness. No problems at all in the EPCOT area boats and this last trip I took the boat from Port Orleans Riverside to Downtown Disney.

My DH and I stayed at the YC for New Years 2002-3. It is a very nice resort. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to either MGM or Epcot (you are closer to the MGM side) with a very wide, nice path.
None of the Epcot boats are a problem for wheelchairs or ecvs.

Thank you all for your replies! Look forward to seeing my Mom's smile and delight at her surprise...Tink's Shadow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter