Epcot Lounge Temp Closure From June 2, 2024 to July 13, 2024

Shelly F - Ohio

Disney Extraordinaire

Disney Vacation Club logo.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Dear valued Disney Vacation Club Member,

We would like to let you know of an upcoming temporary closure of Disney Vacation Club® Member Lounge at EPCOT®. From June 2, 2024 to July 13, 2024 the Member Lounge at EPCOT® will be temporarily closed due to a planned refurbishment and is scheduled to reopen on July 14, 2024.

If you plan on visiting EPCOT® during the temporary closure period, please use our temporary lounge inside The Odyssey, located between Test Track and Mexico Pavilion, where you’ll find a sectioned space made available for eligible Members. Here you may enjoy comfortable seating, complimentary beverages and snacks as well as access to additional paid food and beverage offerings within The Odyssey. The temporary lounge will be open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (subject to change), and the standard Member Lounge eligibility and rules apply to the use of this location.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this temporary closure period.

Sincerely,

Disney Vacation Club​

Thanks for posting. I didn't receive the email because I'm booked during that period w/ my resale membership.

Of course! I will be there during that period and was making specific plans to visit the lounge. If I bought a pumpkin farm, they would cancel Halloween.

It is nice that they are making alternate arrangements. They could have completely closed it.

Thanks for posting. I didn't receive the email because I'm booked during that period w/ my resale membership.

Of course! I will be there during that period and was making specific plans to visit the lounge. If I bought a pumpkin farm, they would cancel Halloween.

It is nice that they are making alternate arrangements. They could have completely closed it.
I am not staying there during that time frame but got the email. So not sure why I got it.

I didn’t get the email, and we definitely will be there during refurbishing time. Thanks for posting!

Ooh, hopefully somebody posts who goes during that time period. It might actually be better than the regular lounge.

Got the email — will also be there during the refurbishment. Will post an update.

Strange that they are only giving us a two week notice (one month from my vacation).

Wonder what happened?? Did something major in a not good way occur to the Epcot Dvc lounge? This was clearly not planned…

Strange that they are only giving us a two week notice (one month from my vacation).
Well, it's not like anyone is planning their vacation based on the availability of the Epcot lounge. That, plus there any number of issues that could have arisen regarding the lounge or other areas adjacent to it or below it. Or, they're just installing a couple of restrooms.

Got the email — will also be there during the refurbishment. Will post an update.

Wonder what happened?? Did something major in a not good way occur to the Epcot Dvc lounge? This was clearly not planned…

I'm not sure the lounge is something that mandates a large amount of forewarning.

I'm reading something completely different between the lines. A true major refurbishment to the lounge at this point lays to rest the idea that parks has something different planned for that space to expand Figment or having to do with a major refurbishment/expansion of that space. Or it is a smokescreen for the work that is actually going to be happening which is work directed at that type of expansion. I highly doubt that. Diverting? Yes. Outright lying to members? Highly unlikely.

I got the email and will be there during the refurbishment also. Looking forward to purchasing a beer in the Odyssey and enjoying it in the temporary Member Lounge. Hoping this is a possibility. We shall see.

I'm not sure the lounge is something that mandates a large amount of forewarning.

I'm reading something completely different between the lines. A true major refurbishment to the lounge at this point lays to rest the idea that parks has something different planned for that space to expand Figment or having to do with a major refurbishment/expansion of that space. Or it is a smokescreen for the work that is actually going to be happening which is work directed at that type of expansion. I highly doubt that. Diverting? Yes. Outright lying to members? Highly unlikely.

I got the email and will be there during the refurbishment also. Looking forward to purchasing a beer in the Odyssey and enjoying it in the temporary Member Lounge. Hoping this is a possibility. We shall see.
I hope it is restrooms. That is such a big deal. It seems like everytime I go with my kids, 5 min after arriving I am having to take one of them to the bathroom. I am actually looking forward to it being in the odyssey. Grabbing a beer and having a seat in the lounge sounds awesome. And then the close bathrooms are icing on the cake.

A user on another site shared that fresh paint and new carpeting will compliment the recently updated furniture.

I got the e-mail notice and will be there soon. Driving up Friday June 7 - I'm looking forward to checking out both the temp DVC lounge layout and options, and the AP lounge at Morocco - nice to have two exclusive spots to get out of the June sun...will definitely update if no one else has by then.

I'd love to think the refurb would include adding restrooms - the big question is what's in the backstage area? Is there room to expand into there, and does any area back there have plumbing or even staff restrooms that could be converted to member restrooms? I just can't picture how much staff space is there now...I tried to think way back to when that area was all part of the Journey pavilion, but don't picture any restrooms.

Would love Odyssey to become the DVC lounge in its entirety - having pay food and drink options alongside the free drinks and snacks, and a big air-conditioned space with restrooms, would be fantastic...that building spends too much time empty. I wonder just how much of the space is being carved out for the DVC temp lounge.

If there are no plans to ever put a restaurant back in Morocco, the AP lounge location wouldn't make a bad DVC lounge either - nice space, kitchen that could serve pay food upgrades, and restrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter