EPCOT to become “more Disney”

What would you like to see EPCOT become?

• Total voters
honestly I think the concept of what Epcot was meant to be died with Walt and I suspect it would be MUCH different than the Epcot we know today had he lived to supervise its construction.
Well, Walt's vision was for EPCOT to be the Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow. It wasn't supposed to be a theme park.

Why can’t they put a Moe‘s Tavern in Epcot. Or at least HS. Maybe the deal with Fox precludes that for a period of time, who knows. I know there’s one at Universal but I sense Disney would get it right. Otherwise what was the point of obtaining the Simpsons. Maybe just the streaming rights to get D+ on its feet.

1 Universal got Moes right and 2 the rights will not expirw for a while

Why can’t they put a Moe‘s Tavern in Epcot. Or at least HS. Maybe the deal with Fox precludes that for a period of time, who knows. I know there’s one at Universal but I sense Disney would get it right. Otherwise what was the point of obtaining the Simpsons. Maybe just the streaming rights to get D+ on its feet.

They only obtained Simpsons when they bought Fox. It wasn't the prmary reason, though I am sure the streaming rights were part of the consideration. It mostly had to do with the extant Marvel properties and rights on the original 6 Star Wars movies. I don't think the parks really factored into those plans. Also, unlike Marvel, Universal has Simpsons in both Orlando and Hollywood, so they can't do anything on the west coast either.

The Simpsons was just renewed for Seasons 33 & 34!

The Simpsons was just renewed for Seasons 33 & 34!

giphy.gif

Ughhh I love The Simpsons but am so bummed they keep it going. Watched a few weeks ago.... it's a shell of its former self.

giphy.gif

Ughhh I love The Simpsons but am so bummed they keep it going. Watched a few weeks ago.... it's a shell of its former self.

Honestly I thought the last two or three episodes were really good. They can definitely be more hit or miss these days compared to, say, seasons 6 - 10, but it's still a quality program - bettter than a lot of stuff on TV anyway.

If I called the shots it would be a showcase for the future. Somewhere for Imagineers to push the envelope for robotics, tech, and automation. From rides to shows to exhibitions to shopping to dining.

Automated food service from A to Z. Have certain shops provide a checkout free experience (Phone app or magic band required). And on and on.

Make the guest feel like they're stepping into the future. If they want IP, fine... But it should fit that mold. For example, I think the Tron ride would have been better suited into Epcot, if it had this type of vision.

Honestly I thought the last two or three episodes were really good. They can definitely be more hit or miss these days compared to, say, seasons 6 - 10, but it's still a quality program - bettter than a lot of stuff on TV anyway.

To be fair there is very, very little I find watchable on TV anymore at all.... we do like Bob's Burgers. I can't think of much else we actively keep up with or are bummed that we missed/forgot to watch. We caught the Comic Book guy episode from I think it was last month and I will confess that one wasn't too bad, but I really really don't like the way Homer is written anymore, and it's just lost all of that heart it used to have, which for me was the real soul of the series. Funny is fine, but I liked the heart best. You won't find any more episodes like "And Maggie Makes Three" anymore.

To be fair there is very, very little I find watchable on TV anymore at all.... we do like Bob's Burgers. I can't think of much else we actively keep up with or are bummed that we missed/forgot to watch. We caught the Comic Book guy episode from I think it was last month and I will confess that one wasn't too bad, but I really really don't like the way Homer is written anymore, and it's just lost all of that heart it used to have, which for me was the real soul of the series. Funny is fine, but I liked the heart best. You won't find any more episodes like "And Maggie Makes Three" anymore.

I thought the Comic Book Guy episode was phenomonal, and full of heart. The way CBG learns to relate to the kids (and the a Back to teh Future parody was just amazing! 🤣 ) - I felt like he learned a lot. I guess it depends on how much you like or can relate to CBG, but I enjoyed it. When a show's bee on this long it's bound to change. I know people who don't like the Season's 6 - 10 because they preferred the vibe of 1 - 3 where it was really a more traditional sitcom with family situations and whatnot. I think they still hit the feels now and then too. I mena, obviously it's not as good as the glory days of 6-10, but almost nothing is! I don't think it's fair to say that if it can't be as good as those seasons then it is not good at all.

I thought the Comic Book Guy episode was phenomonal, and full of heart. The way CBG learns to relate to the kids (and the a Back to teh Future parody was just amazing! 🤣 ) - I felt like he learned a lot. I guess it depends on how much you like or can relate to CBG, but I enjoyed it. When a show's bee on this long it's bound to change. I know people who don't like the Season's 6 - 10 because they preferred the vibe of 1 - 3 where it was really a more traditional sitcom with family situations and whatnot. I think they still hit the feels now and then too. I mena, obviously it's not as good as the glory days of 6-10, but almost nothing is! I don't think it's fair to say that if it can't be as good as those seasons then it is not good at all.

I mean, it's not good to ME personally.... many agree, many disagree, that's just how it is with opinions.... :) It went in a different direction than the older seasons, and that's fine. Clearly enough still watch it, or it wouldn't still be on the air, but I don't think my opinion is one in a million one either.

I mean, it's not good to ME personally.... many agree, many disagree, that's just how it is with opinions.... :) It went in a different direction than the older seasons, and that's fine. Clearly enough still watch it, or it wouldn't still be on the air, but I don't think my opinion is one in a million one either.

Of course you can have your opinion, but when you say it lacks heart and cite an episode with a lot of heart, I do think it's worth pointing out that they can still nail it, even if not as often as they used to. It's all good.

Also, for what it's worth, I LIKE the Simpsons area at Universal - I can't imagine what else it is supposed to look like. I would not want something like that at Epcot though. It would maybe fit at Hollywood Studios.

Also, for what it's worth, I LIKE the Simpsons area at Universal - I can't imagine what else it is supposed to look like. I would not want something like that at Epcot though. It would maybe fit at Hollywood Studios.

For sure... I think Simpsons and Epcot are just very incompatible. I think it fits in with Universal much better. I could potentially see something at DHS but I'd be reaaalll curious what an integration for that would look like designed by Imagineering.

For sure... I think Simpsons and Epcot are just very incompatible. I think it fits in with Universal much better. I could potentially see something at DHS but I'd be reaaalll curious what an integration for that would look like designed by Imagineering.

Hey, on the other side, Disney also has their hands in Bob's Burgers now - they could use that. Maybe even just a <gasp> burger restaurant! 🤤

Hey, on the other side, Disney also has their hands in Bob's Burgers now - they could use that. Maybe even just a <gasp> burger restaurant! 🤤
How about retheming the entire Boardwalk resort to Bob's Burgers? Change the actual boardwalk stretch into a (not geographically accurate) replica of Ocean Avenue, utilizing false storefronts where necessary. The feature pool could definitely become Wonder Wharf. If that's a little too blue sky, I would be satisfied with an actual production of "Work Hard or Die Trying, Girl".

While we're on the topic of Fox animated series, what about Futurama? Did Disney even get that since the later seasons premiered on SyFy or something? I think it would be a great basis for a Tomorrowland reset. Popplers from Fishy Joe's, anyone?

How about retheming the entire Boardwalk resort to Bob's Burgers? Change the actual boardwalk stretch into a (not geographically accurate) replica of Ocean Avenue, utilizing false storefronts where necessary. The feature pool could definitely become Wonder Wharf. If that's a little too blue sky, I would be satisfied with an actual production of "Work Hard or Die Trying, Girl".

While we're on the topic of Fox animated series, what about Futurama? Did Disney even get that since the later seasons premiered on SyFy or something? I think it would be a great basis for a Tomorrowland reset. Popplers from Fishy Joe's, anyone?

I believe the former Fox Television owned the rights to Futurama so it should lie with Disney now. That is not to say that they "own" Futurama, they just posess the legal rights (distribution, etc.) whereas Matt Groening I believe retains the creative rights so to speak. Basically they can't just create anything new without his input, and I believe that is the same for The Simpsons too.

I like the idea of Bob's on the Boardwalk - that's a good place for it!

Last edited:
I agree. Overall I think the area at Universal is good. It looks great and I think they did a good job on Moe's. I understand the reason for the food court but I kind of wish we had more fully realized restaurants vs. the food court set up. It's a fun area to experience and the food and drinks are great, so from a general park experience it's good, but I do feel like it doesn't' hit the same immersion and quality of areas like Harry Potter and what seems to be coming to Epic Universe. I would like to see a dark ride for the section eventually but don't see them expanding it much more.
Don't really see it fitting in most places at Disney either besides Hollywood Studios (as I think it's kind of a catch all park) but there is a lot of other Disney stuff I'd rather see than Simpsons despite being a big fan of it.

While I don't see Simpsons, Bob's Burger's, etc. going into the parks maybe they could open some stuff at Disney Springs or other areas. I able to considering Universal, a more fully realized Moe's Tavern would be great. Bob's Burger's would be great, especially if they did a Burger of the Day too. This might actually fit great at the Boardwalk Resort as well to fit the overall area of the show too. With it being more of a quick service area it wouldn't need a large space and could fit about anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter