Epcot Wed 2/16 - What to Expect?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
Staying off site, one day at Epcot, non-hoppers. What can we realistically ride/see without 45 min plus waits? Also, what's the scene in the R&C? Haven't been to a WDW park since this time in 2020. Already have our tix and ressies.

Thanks in advance

We were there Friday. You didn't say if you had Genie+ or not so assuming you don't you can do all the Future World rides except Test Track in under 45 minutes per.

You cannot do Frozen or Remy in that time limit. You can do the Mexico ride.

In general they seem short staffed and out of stock. Morocco in particular was basically closed. But the UK was humming and the beers were flowing at R&C. France was packed.

Agree with the comment about short-staffing and short stock. But we had a really nice early dinner at Spice Road in Morocco - not sure why you would say it's 'closed'.
The entire back area of bazaars was shuttered as was Marakesh. But yes, Spice Road was open and the quick service in the front.

We were there last Saturday with the main goal of enjoying festival of the arts. Epcot opened at 9 and we did 8:30 early entry just to see what happens. We had no desire to stress out over remy but after riding test track and soarin it was listed at 30 minutes so we did that as well. When we finished it said 45 but the outdoor queue was much shorter which seemed strange. By this time the park had been open to everyone for at least 30 minutes. Where was everybody?

I actually started to think it may be a slow day. I could not have been more wrong.

Later in the day around 3-4pm the crowds in World Showcase became insane. I have never seen it so packed and it just kept building through the evening. But even with the masses of humanity jamming the walkways we had some luck - like a walk up at Rose and Crown. Put it in the app around 5pm. It said an hour wait but they messaged us about 15 minutes later and had no problem with our request for outdoor seating. It didn’t even seem all that busy. After dinner we rode 3 caballeros, spaceship earth, living with the land, Nemo which were all straight up walk ons. I know these aren’t premier attractions but it was still surprising given that the walkways were so unbelievably crowded.

My impression is that the crowds are huge but most people at epcot were wandering around world showcase doing the outdoor food and drink stands. You can find anomalous short waits and reservations if you’re willing to take things as they come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter