Ever get so stressed you feel like you are a punch drunk boxer?

I know what extreme stress feels like. I don't get the punch drunk boxer analogy. I'm not sure that's how I'd describe it. We all have different physical reactions to stress. I tend to cry a lot and I mean a lot.

I know what extreme stress feels like. I don't get the punch drunk boxer analogy. I'm not sure that's how I'd describe it. We all have different physical reactions to stress. I tend to cry a lot and I mean a lot.
Not so much crying, no hunger lots of weight loss and sometimes a bit woozy so maybe constant adrenaline or some other hormone is buzzing around.

Seems this is my bodies default when there is an overload, I snack with mini stress but bigger stuff I slide into zero appetite realm.

Hmmm...for me, it's working full time, selling our house of 26 years after only 3 days, traveling to Indiana for DD's college graduation this weekend (while hosting my mother for the week), a conference in Phoenix all next week, meetings downtown the following two weeks, having a whirlwind house hunting trip in FL the last week of May (the ONLY weekend we can go), coming back for two days and then leaving for my staff member's wedding in Mexico (that we promised to go to months ago) until June 10, and then getting back to go to a downtown meeting June 12-13.

Oh. And I'm currently in my third quarter of PhD classes with graded assignments every week, and they finish up June 14.

House closing is July 15. Life's supposed to get easier as we age. Not happening here.

I think it's too many things at once. I hit a wall with it and I just become sort of paralyzed. If I hit that state and any more is loaded on to my plate, I snap like a caged animal.

Hmmm...for me, it's working full time, selling our house of 26 years after only 3 days, traveling to Indiana for DD's college graduation this weekend (while hosting my mother for the week), a conference in Phoenix all next week, meetings downtown the following two weeks, having a whirlwind house hunting trip in FL the last week of May (the ONLY weekend we can go), coming back for two days and then leaving for my staff member's wedding in Mexico (that we promised to go to months ago) until June 10, and then getting back to go to a downtown meeting June 12-13.

Oh. And I'm currently in my third quarter of PhD classes with graded assignments every week, and they finish up June 14.

House closing is July 15. Life's supposed to get easier as we age. Not happening here.
That is a lot of moving parts, do you react to it or just take it in stride?

Not so much crying, no hunger lots of weight loss and sometimes a bit woozy so maybe constant adrenaline or some other hormone is buzzing around.

Seems this is my bodies default when there is an overload, I snack with mini stress but bigger stuff I slide into zero appetite realm.
I've been there....crying is usually the last stage....sometimes exacerbated by a couple of glasses of wine.. When I'm really stressed I don't eat and I have tons of energy to solve the problem that's causing me the stress. I agree it's a weird phenomena. It' like the stress replaces your need for food.
This year has been particularly stressful for me so I get it. I've always taken the approach that things happen for a reason, but this year has thrown me for a loop. I've recently accepted whatever will be will be and I feel pretty good right now.

Exercise has always been a big help for me. Even a walk outside is relaxing.

That is a lot of moving parts, do you react to it or just take it in stride?
Stride, I'd say. I do best not looking too much ahead. Example: I'd love to just order the packing materials, but I know that if the boxes and tape are all here, I'll start packing. It's too soon to start packing.

Some is a total shut-down, unfortunately. I've not been focused at work, and I'm falling behind on some work I need to do. I'm a master procrastinator, and can't afford to be.

Working ahead with my school work, though -- so that's been good. Phoenix next week I hope to actually get work caught up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter