• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Everybody has a laughin' place... **Sept pre-trip with pics**

wdw_nutz

Mouseketeer
... and it's only 33 days to go until we're at mine! :cool1:

So we're first timers at this pre-trip reporting, but we're gonna have a go!

Firstly, who's "we"??

Me, Dee, age 26 and Disney mad. Or WDW_nutz, in fact. :thumbsup2

Here's me in DLRP in January:

This is my 4th trip to WDW, but first with my DGF, Hayley. (AKA ebrill29, who will also contribute to this PTR!!)

She's 29 and is beginning to catch the Disney bug, although she thinks I'm slightly crazy to be planning as much as I am. These rookies, I don't know.... :upsidedow

So here comes the falling-in-love story, if you want to skip it then feel free!!

We met in 2006 and became friends right away, but it took us another 3 years to get together. Having become best friends and then realised there was more to it, our relationship has the best possible grounding! I then moved 530 miles from my home in Scotland to join her in Wales, long distance wasn't for us and we felt we owed it to ourselves to give the relationship a chance. I'm so glad we did!! :love:

We are sickeningly, totally, completely, truly, madly, deeply, vomit-inducingly happy, and have been together for just over a year. She's my rock and everything I've always dreamed about in a partner - yup, we're for keeps. But I won't go on about that any more!!

Here's one of our favourite moments from our DLRP trip in Jan, her first Disney experience and our first holiday together. :hug:

Next up: How June 2011 became September 2010!

Hi there :thumbsup2 I'm Hayley, kindly already introduced above by the lovely wdw_nutz :) I should add to her introduction that I have unexpectedly caught the Disney bug "late" in life. I went to Paris with Dee because I knew that she loved it, and I wanted to make her happy. And y'know, Paris in January is such a warm and sunny place to be..:littleangel:

Despite the bitter cold, and the rain, and... well, the wintriness of it all, I had an amazing time. I fell in love with the Disney experience, threw myself into meeting characters, watching parades (yep, the same ones, more than once...) and even *gasp* buying clothing. I loved the theming of the lands, the rides, the restaurants, the music... I enjoyed things I thought I would only tolerate for Dee. And so here I am, not in the least bit apprehensive about a trip stateside for more of that Disney magic :wizard:

Anyway... it's my task to try and explain to you all how our planned summer 2011 holiday ended up happening in autumn 2010...

Dee is due to finish a two year post as co-ordinator of a charity (read: working really hard for a group of people who don't appreciate it for no renumeration...) next June, and, having returned from DLRP with "the bug", we decided that the best way to celebrate her "retirement" would definitely be a trip to WDW. Sounds fair, right?

So... we lasted about a week after our return from Paris, and then off we went to look at the UK WDW website, just to price up our holiday, you understand. That didn't go so well. Just a couple of days and a lot of financial self-justification later, we'd convinced ourselves that the offer of free dining made it much cheaper and easier if we just went in September of this year.

So, amid pages and pages of calculations, we decided (perhaps slightly foolishly) that we could definitely afford to bring our celebration of Dee's freedom forward by *ahem* 10 months.

And then we just had to decide where to stay!

DP and I shall be there with our DD(5) at the same time.... One of the best times of year to go... hope you have a blast (I know we will)!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter