Everyday Swap -- INTEREST THREAD

Mom-to-2-Princesses

Lovin' It!
Hi:wave: I am starting to pull information together for the Everyday Swap. This will be an Interest Only thread and a new thread will open for the Swap.

This is a fun swap which is a "catch all" for items not covered in the other swaps. I loved how last year's swap (DisneyisTerrific was the hostess) was set up and decided to go the same route. So unless otherwise noted, each category will require a title/topper and one additional element. In most categories DIT had title suggestions. I am doing that as well, but I changed most of them so people won't have duplicates from last year. They can be adapted to fit your style.

I added a few new categories - weddings, babies, playground, treats and misc generic titles (Imagine, Believe, Wonderful, Fabulous, Discover). I think it would be great to have another Generic Title category, so if you have any ideas please share!

Sign-ups are to be Thursday, August 11 thru Monday August 15th. The due date is 2 1/2 months out at November 2nd. I have no problem delaying it slightly after it starts if needed, but would prefer to have them shipped back to you before Thanksgiving.

I hope you will want to play!

Here are the "tentative" categories:

2011 Everyday Swap
A. LOVE (ALL AGES)
1. Hug Someone Today
2. Hearts and Kisses
3. {{Hugs}}
4. I Love You
5. Live ~ Laugh ~ Love

B. WEDDINGS
1. Fairy Tales do Come True
2. First Comes Love
3. Forever and a day
4. Happily Ever After
5. Hearts Knit Together

C. FAMILY - GENERAL
1. Home
2. 'Ohana Means Family
3. Together
4. Tradition
5. Family

D. FAMILY - SPECIFIC
1. Grandma
2. Grandpa
3. Grandparents
4. Cousins
5. Reunion Time

E. BABIES
1. 'Lil Luv Bug
2. 2 Cute
3. Baby Love
4. Dream Big
5. Special Delivery

F. KIDS
1. Look at Me!
2. Express Yourself
3. All About Me
4. Caution: Cute Kids at Play
5. Grins and Giggles

G. KIDS PART 2
1. You Did It!
2. Super Star
3. So Silly
4. Busy as a Bee
5. Cute as a Bug

H. PLAY
1. Hard @ Play
2. Let's Play!
3. My Toys
4. Ton of Fun
5. Storytime

I. PLAYGROUND
1. Playground
2. Swinging Good Time
3. Just Hanging
4. Slide
5. Climb

J. SCHOOL
1. Back to School
2. Star Student
3. Reading Rocks!
4. School Rules
5. A Class Act

K. TEENS
1. So Cool
2. Teen Scene
3. Hangin’ Out
4. Whatever!
5. LOL

L. GIRLS
1. Girly Girl
2. 2 Cute
3. 100% Princess
4. Gigglerific
5. It's a Girl Thing!

M. BOYS
1. A Boy Is...
2. 100% Boy
3. Snips and Snails
4. So Handsome
5. Messy Me

N. FRIENDS
1. Friends 4 Ever
2. Best Buds
3. BFF
4. You & Me
5. Pals

O. BIRTHDAY
1. Let’s Party
2. Make a Wish
3. Presents!
4. Happy Birthday
5. The Cake

P. MISC FUN
1. Game Night
2. Fun in the Sun
3. Mini Golf
4. Movie Time
5. Our Artist

Q. MISC SENTIMENT TITLES
1. Imagine
2. Believe
3. Wonderful
4. Fabulous
3. Discover

R. VACATION
1. Vacation
2. Escape to...
3. Tourist Trap
4. Hit the Road
5. Good Times

S. VACATION SIGHTS
1. Aquarium
2. Water Fun
3. Museum
4. Zoo
5. The Sights

T. ZOO - GENERAL
1. Call of the Wild
2. Zoo-rific!
3. Fun at the Zoo
4. Don’t Feed the Animals
5. Zoo Crew

U. ZOO - SPECIFIC
1. Monkeys
2. Elephants
3. Zebras
4. Tigers
5. Bears

V. COOKING
1. In the Kitchen
2. Batter up!
3. Chocoholic
4. Fire up the Grill
5. Let’s Eat

W. TREATS
1. Cookies
2. Ice Cream
3. Popsicles
4. Candy
5. Cupcakes

X. CAMERA
1. Say Cheese!
2. What a Ham!
3. Smile
4. Gotcha!
5. Strike a Pose

Y. CATS
1. Pretty Kitty
2. Cattitude
3. The Cat's Meow
4. Picture Purrrfect
5. Meow!

Z. DOGS
1. Bad to the Bone
2. Dog Gone Cute
3. Pawsitively Great
4. Woof!
5. Fur-ever Friends

AA. GARDEN / YARD
1. Bloom and Grow
2. Au Natural
3. Petal Power
4. Flowers
5. Butterflies

BB. SONG TITLES/LYRICS (pick your favorite song title as the topper in this group)

2-INCH LETTERS

1. BOYS
1. B -
2. O -
3. Y -
4. S -

2. GIRLS
1. G
2. I
3. R
4. L
5. S

3. HOME
1. H -
2. O -
3. M -
4. E -

4. CATS
1. C -
2. A -
3. T -
4. S -

5. DOGS
1. D -
2. O -
3. G -
4. S -

4 inch Letters

6. SEASONS
1. S - Spring -
2. S - Summer -
3. F - Fall or A - Autumn -
4. W - Winter -

:yay: I'll play :yay: never done this swap before so will be fun!

couple ????? just a topper/title and element? no mats or journal boxes required? or can those be one of the elements?

thanks!

The extra element would come from the standard element list. So photo mats, etc would be ok to use as your second element.

If there was a large interest in adding two elements in addition to the topper we could do that. I think with the large number of groups that one can participate that just one element was chosen in the past.

Element list:
1 paper piecing (larger than 3 inches)(not a single layer diecut)
2 paper piecings (smaller than 3 inches) (not a single layer diecut)
2 photomats for a 4x6 photo, 2 layers, smallest layer 4 ¼ x 6 ¼, embellished
2 journal boxes, total of 3 layers, minimum writing space 3x3, embellished
2 tags (or 1 large tag—greater than 2x3), 2 layers, something in the hole and embellished
1 file folder or matchbook (2 if mini) - -embellished
2 slide mounts -- embellished
Altered CD
3 altered paper clips
1 shaker box
1 library pocket and tag. Tag must be 2 layers with something in the hole, pocket must be embellished
1 license plate
3 shapes(squares, circles, stars, flowers etc) 2 layers, embellished
1 ATC
4 inchies
Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, 3 layers in total and embellished. Min size 3x4, shapes are welcome
Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches
1 Border - 12x2 inches and able to be cut down to 11 inches in length - 2 layers and embellished.

You can mix and match -- 1 tag and box, 1 photomat and box, 1 tag and 2 squares or shapes, etc.

:yay: I'll play :yay: never done this swap before so will be fun!

couple ????? just a topper/title and element? no mats or journal boxes required? or can those be one of the elements?

thanks!

Lisa--I just looked at my sets from last year and for most I made a title, a mat and a journal box. This swap goes really quick with just the title/topper and extra element. And bonus it's easy to use on a page layout :)

Oh yeah...I want to play in a few groups too :) Mom-to-2-Princesses I love that you switched things up a bit, so I won't have tons of duplicates.

Thanks for the info! will definately be joining this!

Definitely in for this one! Love scrapping disney pages, but I have way more real life that needs to be immortalized with cardstock and adhesive.

I want to play, too!! What time are you planning to start the sign ups. My kiddos start school that day, so the early morning hours will be crazy. I may need a sign up buddy.

I want to play, too!! What time are you planning to start the sign ups. My kiddos start school that day, so the early morning hours will be crazy. I may need a sign up buddy.

Yeah! Signups will be at 9:00 eastern time, so you might need a buddy.

And HOLY COW my kids are glad they live in Michigan right now -- school starts on September 6th and they think that is too early!

Yeah! Signups will be at 9:00 eastern time, so you might need a buddy.

And HOLY COW my kids are glad they live in Michigan right now -- school starts on September 6th and they think that is too early!

I need to check our start time. Last year the first bell was at 7:55, and since I'm only "allowed" to walk my youngest into class, I can probably be back at my computer before 8:00.

I'm kids think Aug 11 is way too early, but they would think Dec 11 was early too.:rotfl:

Sheila if you want I can be your buddy!

Megan doesn't start until 9/7!

I like the fresh ideas in here!! Two questions...could we somehow get Cupcakes in the treat group? And, could we maybe do a group (or groups) that involve meaingful song titles or lyrics? A few of us are doing that in the sketch page swap and it looks to be great! We have not completed anything yet, but the vision is amazing!! LOL It may have to be broken down by something else...for example girls, boys, love, etc.

I like the fresh ideas in here!! Two questions...could we somehow get Cupcakes in the treat group? And, could we maybe do a group (or groups) that involve meaingful song titles or lyrics? A few of us are doing that in the sketch page swap and it looks to be great! We have not completed anything yet, but the vision is amazing!! LOL It may have to be broken down by something else...for example girls, boys, love, etc.

Love all of these ideas!

Okay -- no more great ideas. My list is long enough! I love the lyric idea. I've been peeking in on the sketch swap thread and really like the songs that were chosen. Cinderella is my favoite. I decided to use it as background music for slide shows when my girls get married someday, but I hadn't thought about scrapping with it. Now I'm thinking of using all the lyrics in a mini album with pictures of each DD and my DH. I just hope I can remember this idea a few years down the road.

Great idea about the cupcakes -- I took out popcorn because it was the "healthiest" treat!

I also love the lyrics idea -- maybe open a group with generic titles that could work for many different layouts. Like the misc. group Q. Anybody have any ideas? Or should we leave it open to ideas from the people who sign up for that group? I love Louis Armstrong's song "It's a Wonderful World"

For lyrics I am leaning towards a general category with each participant choosing their own song. But I think it would be great to have people suggest song titles to get the creative juices flowing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter