Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

How fast does Runaway Railway book up?
That’s the third pass I book (after SDD at 7 am and TOT (2 hrs after park opening) and during peak holiday times it went into late evening fast. I modified it (clicked continuously for an hour) to a more reasonable time.

I would go to details after clicking on the 3 dots and then click modify. I would stay on the second screen once a time pops up (click change to this time but don’t hit confirm on the next screen). This puts me ahead of someone who is clicking modify or searching for a time to pop up on the tip board/details screen (first step). The screen below will keep changing to an earlier time if available and you have to click fast and hit confirm on the next screen

9A36C1D1-3468-43DF-9FFF-285D585533CB.jpeg
Also, the screen above usually shows an hour so 5:50-6:50 pm but sometimes appears like the one above.

Last edited:
Can you see return times before you book?
Like if we’re hopping to HS from Epcot and in the late morning the HS return times for rides we want are still early can we book something in Epcot and then wait 2 hours to book HS?

Can you see return times before you book?
Like if we’re hopping to HS from Epcot and in the late morning the HS return times for rides we want are still early can we book something in Epcot and then wait 2 hours to book HS?
Yes, if you look on MDE, you can see the current return times for all attractions.

You would have a couple of options if the attraction at HS is not late enough:
- book what you want in HS then try to modify it for a later time later
- book Epcot now then try to book HS later.

Yes, if you look on MDE, you can see the current return times for all attractions.

You would have a couple of options if the attraction at HS is not late enough:
- book what you want in HS then try to modify it for a later time later
- book Epcot now then try to book HS later.
Thank you! Didn’t realize I could see that info now. That will be helpful when planning.

How fast is GOTG:CR ILL runs out? i'm coming to florida for just a weekend and want to go to epcot just for this ride, so i need to make sure i can actually get on, or it won't be worth it to drive the 2 hours from jacksonville

I would recommend trying for a regular VQ at 7AM as all guests can try for that who have an Epcot park reservation but those are also extremely challenging to get.

The good news is that the 1PM VQs last longer and most in the park are successful then.

At park opening ILL$ may or may not be available. It’s never guaranteed.

Hope you get one!

So while in the MK in the AM I can grab a Remy time for evening and then keep getting rides in MK for morning/afternoon?
In theory could I stack 2 at Epcot for evening and still get more in MK?
Or does system limit you to 2 at a time?

So while in the MK in the AM I can grab a Remy time for evening and then keep getting rides in MK for morning/afternoon?
In theory could I stack 2 at Epcot for evening and still get more in MK?
Or does system limit you to 2 at a time?
Limits are now by booking time (7AM, 2 hours after park opening, 2 hours late, etc.)

Just back, from a 10 day trip (12/28-12/6) with a party of 10. Here are my overall thoughts. I am reposting this in genie+ thread as well since most relates to genie+

1. Christmas crowds are high but with a good plan, genie+, and refresh method things work out fine and never felt swamped or overcrowded

2. Genie+ works and is necessary. I had it pre-paid at $15 so my feelings may be much different if I paid $29 a day

3. If you spend windows of time refreshing you will a high chance of getting what you want, I turned Star Tours into Slinky and Toy Story Mania. I will say there is one exception and that appears to be Frozen. (I did not try to refresh to Remy) I spent hours refreshing for Frozen with no success. This has led me to believe: SPECULATION ALERT!!, if you have a Remy in your account they are somehow blocking you from seeing Frozen availability pop up.

4. Zero need to wake up more than 5 minutes before the opening of Magic Kingdom to book genie+ if you intend to sleep in.

5. There is genie+ availability booking benefits to hoping to EPCOT since you will be ahead of EPCOT's two hour booking windows by starting your booking at a different location.

6. Got in line for RotR at 8:40 and took us 25 to get to Rey Room. Posted at 85 minutes.

7. Staying at Grand Floridian and regularly going to EPCOT is exhausting, I am not a fan of the EPCOT Monorail any longer. Give me a bus straight there instead.

8. Disney food has always been over priced unfortunately it is becoming even worse for the quality you get. Sebastian's Bistro was by far the best food we had all week and was ironically some of the cheapest and all you can eat.

Yes, a 1 hour window is displayed but, for purchased ILL$ you can return anytime after your time has arrived until park close.

Once you purchase a ILL$ you cannot modify the time so I would choose earlier over later.

I'm so thankful for this forum. I'm learning so much. I didn't realize this piece: If I get a purchased ILL$, and the range is 1 hour, then I can return even after that hour and it will still be valid.
I believe I read something similar for GOTG ride and virtual queue? Or no?

Ok I'm really struggling to understand Genie+ I feel so stupid. someone explain to me like I'm five.

from what I understand if you log on at 7am and book a LL for late afternoon...you can't book another til 2 hours after park opening, does availability disappear quickly in that 2 hr window? our first park day is going to be MK and we are focusing on Tomorrow land and Fantansyland but we also want to ride Splash Mountain (our second MK day is the day Splash closes and I don't want to risk leaving it) we are planning to rope drop, if I book a LL straight away for Splash and the return time isn't til say 3pm, that means I can't book any LL's for Fantasyland in the morning correct?
say I book a LL for Small world with a time of 915... can I also book a 3pm Splash at the same time or do I wait til we've ridden Small World?

what if I purchase ILL for SDMT (not sure yet if I'll do that or rope drop it) does that impact my ability to book LL or is it separate?

I know this is covered and explained throughout the post but to better understand I need examples with specific times. I feel so dense!

I have no idea how to plan the day. what would you do if you were visiting MK and trying to prioritize Tomorrowland and Fantasyland (we will do the left side of the park on our second MK day)

I'm so thankful for this forum. I'm learning so much. I didn't realize this piece: If I get a purchased ILL$, and the range is 1 hour, then I can return even after that hour and it will still be valid.
I believe I read something similar for GOTG ride and virtual queue? Or no?
Yes, currently the only one you need to return within the 1 hour window is a regular LL booked with G+.

Ok I'm really struggling to understand Genie+ I feel so stupid. someone explain to me like I'm five.

from what I understand if you log on at 7am and book a LL for late afternoon...you can't book another til 2 hours after park opening, does availability disappear quickly in that 2 hr window? our first park day is going to be MK and we are focusing on Tomorrow land and Fantansyland but we also want to ride Splash Mountain (our second MK day is the day Splash closes and I don't want to risk leaving it) we are planning to rope drop, if I book a LL straight away for Splash and the return time isn't til say 3pm, that means I can't book any LL's for Fantasyland in the morning correct?
say I book a LL for Small world with a time of 915... can I also book a 3pm Splash at the same time or do I wait til we've ridden Small World?

what if I purchase ILL for SDMT (not sure yet if I'll do that or rope drop it) does that impact my ability to book LL or is it separate?

I know this is covered and explained throughout the post but to better understand I need examples with specific times. I feel so dense!

I have no idea how to plan the day. what would you do if you were visiting MK and trying to prioritize Tomorrowland and Fantasyland (we will do the left side of the park on our second MK day)
Please see you earlier question. I answered this.

I would suggest trying to watch this video. Trust yourself. You’ll be fine.

This webpage lists when the Magic Kingdom Genie+ reservations have been running out.

ILLs and Genie+ are separate. Booking one will not affect your ability to book the other.

I assume the answer to this is clear, but I've had a surprisingly hard time finding it directly addressed: Everywhere that I find the "2-hr rule" addressed, it's phrased in terms of the person making the reservation—but it also restricts anyone else in the reservation, too?

E.g.: Say I make a Genie+ reservation for a party of my wife and myself; it is 10:03 when I make this reservation. I understand that I can't make another until 12:03 (or I tap in, whichever happens first). But what about my wife? She also can't make a reservation before then, can she? In other words, no matter who made the reservation, the people in the reservation are reserved and their 2-hr clock is ticking—is this correct?

I know I've read this somewhere but want to verify. We're in Disney now. Bought everyone in our group genie + this morning for HS. Spent the morning there and then came back to the room to rest. Some are going back to HS this evening. We all have a LL selection for a 7:00 pm return time. If I don't go back (too tired) can my DH take my MB and ride my genie + selection after he's used his? As long as it's still in the right time frame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter