Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

. . .

We have decided we want to do EPCOT for our first park, then hop to MK that evening. . . .

So I'm guessing I can book my first MK ride at 7am (as long as it's an after 2pm slot) and book the second one 2 hours after 9am park opening (so 11am). We plan to hop to MK close to 2pm and spend until 11pm there, so I realize our chance of getting other LL selections will be limited since we won't be able to use our first one until after our 2pm arrival. Refreshing/changing wasn't an option when we used this before, so I'll have to learn about that before we try it.

So if we do end up getting a LL reservation at EPCOT (say for Soarin or TT), then we can still book a second one at MK starting at 9am OR after we ride our EPCOT ride via the reservation, correct?
If you book your first Genie+ LL at MK, you can book your second two hours after MK opens. Next week, that is 10: 00 on some days and 11:00 on others. If you book your first G+ LL at Epcot, you can book your next one after tapping into your first one, or after it expires or is cancelled, or two hours after Epcot opens, which is 11:00, not 9:00. Next week, Epcot opens daily at 9:00, while MK opens on 8:00 some days and 9:00 on others.

Correct and then you can book a new LL every 2 hours. After you tap into your most recently booked LL you can book another.

Here is an example
7am book Peter Pan for 4pm
11am book space for 5pm (2 hours after park open)
1pm book Winnie the Pooh for 2p
At 230 you tap into Winnie the Pooh you can book right then
At 230 you book 3pm small world tap in at 305 you can book right then
305 you book 9pm big thunder
Your need booking window is now 505

Does that make sense?
PERFECT! Yes I guess I didn't realize that I could have more than 2 at any given time even if I haven't used one of them so that's good to know. I guess it just depends on the times, and I'm sure the changes of getting those lined up are gonna be tough. I will try to remember about tapping in but if not I'm sure my daughter can also be working the system (she will have it as well since I'm buying for all of us).

One thing to just be on the lookout for is the Tip Board in the app may default you into Epcot in the morning for your first LL because of your park reservation, but you can click the change park at the top to switch to MK.

You are correct in that you can go back and forth between parks in booking so you could book PP in MK first in the evening for when you hop and then book your 2nd LL in Epcot for Soarin with a close return, tap in, and then book something else in MK.

Not sure exactly what you mean here, but you can book another selection after 2 hours or after you use your most recently booked LL so you don't have to wait to use the one you picked after 2PM. They also added a feature to the top of the tip board now that tells you when you can book your next LL so that should be helpful in keeping track of things.
I have used the Tip Board but I'll keep that in mind too, thank you. I hadn't considered yet the back and forth option. So. Many. Options. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it since I only plan to have it for one day. Good to know about the feature on the tip board.

If you book your first Genie+ LL at MK, you can book your second two hours after MK opens. Next week, that is 10: 00 on some days and 11:00 on others. If you book your first G+ LL at Epcot, you can book your next one after tapping into your first one, or after it expires or is cancelled, or two hours after Epcot opens, which is 11:00, not 9:00. Next week, Epcot opens daily at 9:00, while MK opens on 8:00 some days and 9:00 on others.
On our planned day MK is 9am opening, so yes the 7am booking and then the 9am booking should be available for me if I am booking at Epcot first and then at MK for the second LL.

On our planned day MK is 9am opening, so yes the 7am booking and then the 9am booking should be available for me if I am booking at Epcot first and then at MK for the second LL.
No. If you book your first G+ LL at 7:00, and the parks open at 9:00, you cannot book another one at 9:00 . . . unless your first LL was for 9:00-10:00 and you tap in during the first minute the park is open. The 2-hour rule countdown begins at park opening time. Two hours after opening time is 11:00.

No. If you book your first G+ LL at 7:00, and the parks open at 9:00, you cannot book another one at 9:00 . . . unless your first LL was for 9:00-10:00 and you tap in during the first minute the park is open. The 2-hour rule countdown begins at park opening time. Two hours after opening time is 11:00.

Got it....that's what I said in my original post:
So I'm guessing I can book my first MK ride at 7am (as long as it's an after 2pm slot) and book the second one 2 hours after 9am park opening (so 11am)
just got it wrong in my follow-up post.

Today is my 1st day in the parks and genie plus was $18! I had some difficulty booking slinky dog at 7 and modified because my app had not been updated so please check that before you get to the parks. The guest services people were wonderfully helpful though.
I was able to ride MMRR and Toy Story Mania twice before 9 AM. I watched the 11 AM beauty and the beast and the 1230 frozen and then used all my stacked LLs. It worked well for me and I was able to do everything I wanted to do. Thanks to everyone for all the good advice and information you've been sharing.

This will be our first time at WDW since 2019. I'm trying to understand the new system. was a pro at FP system. Now am completely at loss. Will be going April Spring Break week with 2 day hopper. Current plan for Day 1 is HS/EPCOT. At 7 am buy ILL for Rise? Then at 9am buy ILL for GOG that is scheduled after 2pm? How does time of attendance work? In FP recall having an hour time slot. How does ILL times work?

This will be our first time at WDW since 2019. I'm trying to understand the new system. was a pro at FP system. Now am completely at loss. Will be going April Spring Break week with 2 day hopper. Current plan for Day 1 is HS/EPCOT. At 7 am buy ILL for Rise? Then at 9am buy ILL for GOG that is scheduled after 2pm? How does time of attendance work? In FP recall having an hour time slot. How does ILL times work?
This entire thread is created to answer your questions. Please read the posts on page 1 as how G+ and ILL$ is explained in great detail there.

I have studied page 1. I dont see the answer regarding time of attendance. If you have a reserved ILL for 11am, and you are in another ride. Do you miss the opportunity? I recall with FP having an 1 hour time slot.

if there is any specific page regarding park hopping would be helpful.

You will get a 1 hour window for return time.

If your on site you can buy ILL for both rides at 7am

I have studied page 1. I dont see the answer regarding time of attendance. If you have a reserved ILL for 11am, and you are in another ride. Do you miss the opportunity? I recall with FP having an 1 hour time slot.

if there is any specific page regarding park hopping would be helpful.
Answer is in post 4, '- Current Disney policy (unpublished) is that once a purchased ILL$ return time has arrived, guests can ride anytime from then until park close.'

If you are staying onsite you may purchase both ILL$ (for 2 different parks) at 7AM and choose any return time you wish based on above. An ILL$ does not expire once return time has arrived.

If you have other PH questions, I would recommend reading the posts on page 1 of the Everything Park Hopping thread.

We understand these systems are not easy to use so have created a number of 'Everything.....' threads that are pinned to the top of this board with information to try and help guests plan/experience their time in the parks.

You will get a 1 hour window for return time.

If your on site you can buy ILL for both rides at 7am
Sorry but this is not correct. A purchased ILL$ can currently be used anytime from when return time arrives until park close. The 1 hour return window is only being enforced for regular LL returns booked with Genie+, not purchased ILL$ or VQs.

Sorry but this is not correct. A purchased ILL$ can currently be used anytime from when return time arrives until park close. The 1 hour return window is only being enforced for regular LL returns booked with Genie+, not purchased ILL$ or VQs.
They may not enforce it, but when you purchase it they give you a 1 hour window. So at anytime they can chose to enforce it.

They may not enforce it, but when you purchase it they give you a 1 hour window. So at anytime they can chose to enforce it.
You are quite correct that it can change at any point but since ILL$ and VQ were introduced in 2021, they have never enforced it so it's good to let people know what currently is happening but also that it could change.

If it changes you know it will be all over the boards and announced in this thread too.

Also, in case this isn't clear, when you book the ILL$ (unlike booking G+ selections), you get a choice of times, so even at 7 a.m. the times from 2 p.m. onward will show up as choices you can make.

For G+, the only time that will appear is the time currently available to be booked.

It's confusing, I know!

One good thing, Genie+ now shows you the time when you can book your next attraction, which is helpful.

Can two people use the modify option for the same LL or only the person that initially booked it? Would there even be a benefit in having two people trying to improve the LL window? Any thoughts on this?

Here now. We booked G+ at 6:10 a.m. yet the system doesn't think we have G+. My sister has the confirmation email, sent at 6:10. Neither of us can get the Tip Board to understand that we already have Genie+. We've both logged out and logged back in and my sister even turned her phone off but still is getting sent to the screen to buy Genie+ instead of being able to book a selection.

I'm on Chat with Disney right now but so far all I've gotten is "One of our Cast Members will be with you shortly."

Extremely frustrating as we've now missed our chance to get the G+ for the ride we most wanted it for--PPF--at the earliest possible time since we're going to be at MK only this morning. We don't want to try buying it again since we'll be charged twice for it.

I'll post back if I ever get to chat with someone. If not, I guess we'll just go to GET when we get there, but we hadn't planned on leaving the room until we booked our first LL.

Here now. We booked G+ at 6:10 a.m. yet the system doesn't think we have G+. My sister has the confirmation email, sent at 6:10. Neither of us can get the Tip Board to understand that we already have Genie+. We've both logged out and logged back in and my sister even turned her phone off but still is getting sent to the screen to buy Genie+ instead of being able to book a selection.

I'm on Chat with Disney right now but so far all I've gotten is "One of our Cast Members will be with you shortly."

Extremely frustrating as we've now missed our chance to get the G+ for the ride we most wanted it for--PPF--at the earliest possible time since we're going to be at MK only this morning. We don't want to try buying it again since we'll be charged twice for it.

I'll post back if I ever get to chat with someone. If not, I guess we'll just go to GET when we get there, but we hadn't planned on leaving the room until we booked our first LL.
Having the same experience. No response from cast member on chat.

The FB groups I'm in are all erupting with posts about the Genie+ glitches this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter