Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

So much for making the whole process simpler. You need one of those fancy calculators the high school kids use for calculus to figure out how much its all going to cost.
I was using $25 per day for 5 people for budgeting purposes so $500 for 4 park days for our upcoming trip in July.
Using the sample pricing for June 27 I would be paying $425 since we don't have hoppers. (I already had my budget in Excel so it wasn't too hard :-) )

Request:

I understand this announcement is upsetting to us all. There's a thread (Genie+ park based priced!) created specifically to discuss this latest change. If your comment is to voice (understandable) displeasure about the change, please post that comment there.

If it is to discuss how to use Genie+, that discussion is for this thread.

We try as much as possible to keep this thread as help for those with questions of how to use Genie+/ILL$.

Future posts in this thread need to stay on topic or will be removed. Thanks for understanding.

Hey all. I know it’s early but I have a question on the new Lightning Lane options. Let’s say I’m going to MK in the morning and plan to park hop to AK in the afternoon. If I don’t want LL for MK but do for AK can I just buy the one for AK and just stack LL to use when I’m over there? I’m hoping that I don’t have to pay for the park hopper LL if I don’t plan to use it at the first park I’m going to. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!!!

Hey all. I know it’s early but I have a question on the new Lightning Lane options. Let’s say I’m going to MK in the morning and plan to park hop to AK in the afternoon. If I don’t want LL for MK but do for AK can I just buy the one for AK and just stack LL to use when I’m over there? I’m hoping that I don’t have to pay for the park hopper LL if I don’t plan to use it at the first park I’m going to. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!!!
That is how we believe it will be. There aren’t a lot of details available yet but what you said is my guess about how it will work.

Hey all..

It trip day! I just booked ILL for guardians from the plane and bit the bullet and got genie+ and booked Remy for this afternoon.

However- on my tip board it's no longer showing me the next available time for genie+? Is this new? I have to click on the ride to see the time when they use to show they're right on the tip board. Don't like it.

Hey all..

It trip day! I just booked ILL for guardians from the plane and bit the bullet and got genie+ and booked Remy for this afternoon.

However- on my tip board it's no longer showing me the next available time for genie+? Is this new? I have to click on the ride to see the time when they use to show they're right on the tip board. Don't like it.
Never mind! In the last few minutes it changed back to being able to see the times!

For Tron, are they as strict with the paid LL as they are for virtual queue? Will they turn you away if you are late?
Yes. They are extremely strict with all Tron return times. Many have been turned away when late - both VQ and ILL$
Hey all..

This happens each morning between 7:00 and 7:15.

Thank you! I'm pretty versed in the Disney things and didn't know about this. Appreciate it.
Happy to help.

There are so many trying to book LL at 7AM that an anticipated return time isn’t displayed until you click into the LL as people were trying to book and finding their return time jump by hours. There were a lot of upset/disappointed people do this helps mitigate this.

Hey all..

First trip in 2 years, got back yesterday, first time using genie +. Wait times on genie+ LL only showed up half the days when I was trying to make plans at 7am. If it was a ride I wanted I just booked and checked the time then played the refresh game if it was too early or late.

They did for two of the days I used genie +…I think this past Monday and Thursday. Maybe there was a glitch in the matrix
Normally between 7AM and 7:15AM they do not appear on the page that shows all LL times. You need to click into an attraction in order to see them.

This was an update they made last year but I know they've been changing MDE and LL around lately so things may have changed again.

How much is Genie+ in late August/ early September.. and predictions.. trying to work my budget?
Also is it worth it... this is a new concept to us... I miss the old Fast Pass.

How much is Genie+ in late August/ early September.. and predictions.. trying to work my budget?
Right at this moment, there is no way to predict it, especially since they just changed the system. The last few days the multi-park G+ has been $25, but who knows what it will be in a month or two?

Is it worth it? That all depends on you. If you don't want to wait in line for a few must-do attractions, then maybe it could be worth it if you have the budget for it. There's endless discussion about it on these boards, so just do a little searching and you'll see what people's opinions are.

I miss FP+ since you could plan in advance but I've learned to deal with G+. But do I like paying for something that used to be free? No, I do not.

I would recommend checking historical G+ prices on thrill-data.com but there’s no guarantee this year will be like years in the past and, tiered Genie+ pricing is less than a week old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter