Everything Hurts & I Need A Bathroom! A First Timer's Guide to 2018's Disneyland (COMPLETE)

Stumbled onto this report and am enjoying it so much so far!! :) Love the theatrics and the way you write and cannot wait to read more!! The Mickey walk of fame pic :love:

PS Hope you're feeling better!

Stumbled onto this report and am enjoying it so much so far!! :) Love the theatrics and the way you write and cannot wait to read more!! The Mickey walk of fame pic :love:

PS Hope you're feeling better!

:welcome: Glad you're enjoying it! I do my best to keep it engaging and entertaining. And thank you!

And I am! Kicked that cold all the way off the West Coast lol

This chapter is going to be a bit more text heavy. We had a rather low-key night but I felt it would've made the last update a bit too long so I thought it deserved its own thing. Per usual, I will try to supplement a lack of photos with cute little gifs. I wasn't lying though with the fact we still had some things to do and shenanigans still went down so please read ahead for your regularly scheduled Timmy TR fun. :hyper:

THAT West Coast Rite of Passage
January 9th, 2018

So I left y'all off with Raven & I leaving Hollywood Boulevard. She got herself set up on Waze (a great app for anyone who's terrible directionally and needs to get around to places they aren't too familiar with) and blessed me with the "you can sleep if you want to" offer. I took that right up and after passing some more interesting locales around LA (including some random cemetery with a rather large mausoleum), I was out. The flight really did kill me as well as my early morning. Unfortunately, I don't sleep too well in vehicles or just while traveling in general. I'm a light sleeper as is, but catching a few Zzzs was nice and set to the Broadway soundtrack Raven had going in the background, it was a nice rest.

4008894_original.gif

Traffic was pretty bad so I woke up WELL before we got to Raven's mom and step-dad's house. Raven was kinda yelling at cars and it was rather entertaining, but also terrifying, still it kept me awake the rest of the ride home. We eventually made it out and soon enough had arrived at my own personal Disneyland hotel. We loaded in rather quickly. I pulled off my shoes and socks, which were pretty soaked so they could start the drying off process. Raven took the socks to the dryer along with some of her things, bless her soul for that. Then, I lugged everything else upstairs. Raven had put me up in her step-brother's room for the weekend, which was right across from hers in a little upstairs alcove just for us. It was really nice and perfect, considering we had very different plans then her mom and step-dad so we wouldn't bother them too too much on our early mornings.

I then began settling in, changing out of my wet skinny jeans into some more comfortable sweat pants and new, dry socks. Raven and I then chilled together for a bit, looking back at our snap stories and such and doing some more catching up. Soon, we heard her mom get home and I was introduced. Raven told me her mom was a Disney fan so immediately we hit it off and she was very sweet, offering to bring us out to dinner later. Raven and I were tired so we told her we were both going to nap. Raven's mom was completely ok with that since she just got home from work as vice principal at the same school Raven's step-dad works as an English teacher. We all needed the rest.

After that meeting, I cozied up into my bed for the next three days and passed out for a bit, about to get some more proper rest.

mpeja.gif

About an hour later, I was awoken by some conversation happening out in the hall. From what I could hear, Raven's mom had woken up Raven and was just about ready to go out to dinner. She didn't want to wake me up though, although the discussion had woken me up. Raven then came in and saw me "just waking up" and told me it was time to go.

I hurriedly got my shoes and my completely dried sweatshirt on and headed downstairs. I met Raven's step-dad who was very nice. I made sure to thank her step-dad and mom profusely for letting me stay at their place. Then, we all headed out into the cold Cali night (never thought I'd write that).

Now I'm sure you're wondering exactly we were going for dinner. Hint: The title's a dead giveaway.

Don't know? Need more time to guess?

Too bad, NO MORE TIME FOR YOU.

Obviously, when on the West Coast, you go out to get to dinner aaaaattttt...

:jumping1: IN N OUT! :jumping1:

It was the obvious choice. Everyone on the West coast went to In N Out and everyone who visited also tried it. I had mentioned to Raven earlier that I had wanted to go and Raven's mom even suggested it before we could mention it to her. To In N Out, it was and by typical West coast home fashion, it was right down the road.

When we got there, I immediately got a bit nervous because I HAD TO ORDER. I had not even thought about what people get at In N Out. Luckily Raven stepped in and offered to order for me. She explained to me what they had and honestly it all sounded good so it was an easy choice. Ordering was a bit awkward as it wasn't until we were ordering I realized Raven's mom was paying for all of us so I almost jumped in, but it was too late. It was so sweet of them and I made sure to thank them a billion times after the fact.

So what did I end up getting for my first In N Out experience?

What I got was a In N Out Cheeseburger with a side of animal fries (which for non-West coasters is regular fries with onion and In N Out sauce on it) and just a sprite (I wasn't in the mood for a milkshake tbh)). The consensus? It was REALLY good. I'm not sure if I liked it better than our East Coast counterpart Five Guys, but they're very different places (Five Guys gives you more options for toppings and they have the cajun fries) so I decided not to go too far with the comparison as most do. I really enjoyed it. The animal fries were probably my favorite even though I didn't get to finish there was so much of them with so much topping.

The guy who took our orders ended up being on bussing duty. I mentioned I was from the East coast so he was checking in on how I liked it. He was REALLY cute so I got a bit nervous when he kept on checking in, but gosh, if I could've left my number for him...

Anyways, we sat around there eating for a bit and talked primarily about me as parents tend to do when their child brings a friend from the other side of the country to visit. They were both very nice so it was an enjoyable conversation, especially when Raven's mom (who, coincidentally, was wearing the pink Disneyland spirit jersey to dinner) turned it to our Disney trip and the DCP where Raven & I had met. For the most part, the conversation went until I finally decided to dump the rest of my animal fries since I could not finish them. Then, we left.

The car ride was where things got... awkward. Not for me, but for Raven. Her stepdad was asking some odd questions that were making us both kinda uncomfortable. I tried to hide my reactions, but I let out a snort trying to quiet my own discomfort. Luckily, Raven got it off the topic and we were back at their house. When we got back, all of us headed straight to bed because we had a big day ahead of us.

I was up for a bit, trying to make sure all my ducks in a row like double checking that I had sent all the texts to my family that I needed to, brushing my teeth, checking my Instagram and Facebook, setting up my toiletries in the bathroom, usual things millennials do before going to bed. Raven & I decided we wanted to be out the door by 8 so she decided to get up at 6am while I got up at 6:30am to have enough time to get ready and be out the door. I set my alarm and lights went out at about 11pm. It was a long day and I had a comfy bed so I fell asleep like that, dreaming magical dreams of tomorrow, my first day in Walt's original park!

tumblr_n5tpp2m5pm1r462vpo3_500.gif

Continued Here

Last edited:
Oh, In N Out. It's on my list, but we won't have a car and I'm not sure it's worth it to Uber to the nearest one. Of course, I live in the wasteland that is Kansas, so there's a lot of restaurants we don't have here and I'm trying to try all the new and exciting.

Great that you got a chance to rest a bit after your crazy morning with the early wake up call and the long flight!

In N Out...yumm...looked good! We don't have it, OR Five Guys up here on the east coast of Canada, so I'm loving your reviews.

Hmm...now my imagination is running coming up with what Raven's stepdad was putting you both through on the drive home...?? Sounds like an awkward moment for sure...

Oh, In N Out. It's on my list, but we won't have a car and I'm not sure it's worth it to Uber to the nearest one. Of course, I live in the wasteland that is Kansas, so there's a lot of restaurants we don't have here and I'm trying to try all the new and exciting.

It's literally like McDonald's on the West coast. Chances are wherever you're staying you could walk there. It's definitely worth it, the food is good.

Great that you got a chance to rest a bit after your crazy morning with the early wake up call and the long flight!

It was by far the best sleep of the trip lol

In N Out...yumm...looked good! We don't have it, OR Five Guys up here on the east coast of Canada, so I'm loving your reviews.

Omg wow, y'all are missing out.

Hmm...now my imagination is running coming up with what Raven's stepdad was putting you both through on the drive home...?? Sounds like an awkward moment for sure...

Let's just say it was far more uncomfortable for Raven than for me, but I could relate. A moment better off forgotten now.

In N Out... now I'm daydreaming about those fries.
I may have to take a trip to Five Guys later. The INO sauce is super similar to thousand island dressing. Maybe I'll just take my own bottle to Five Guys. Don't judge me.:rotfl2:
Hahahaha!

Yay In n Out! A total rite of passage for sure. I still have not had Five Guys which I know is kind of unheard of haha gotta get myself there soon!

Oh wow do those animal fries look amazing!!! I would like some right now actually. I live in Chicago, and we have Five Guys here, too. I love their fries and toppings so much, but I definitely think I would enjoy In N Out from the looks of it!!!

Looking forward to Disneyland!!!!!!!

In N Out... now I'm daydreaming about those fries.
I may have to take a trip to Five Guys later. The INO sauce is super similar to thousand island dressing. Maybe I'll just take my own bottle to Five Guys. Don't judge me.:rotfl2:
Hahahaha!

Hahahaha omg do it! I love my Five Guys but the In N Out sauce... :cloud9:

Yay In n Out! A total rite of passage for sure. I still have not had Five Guys which I know is kind of unheard of haha gotta get myself there soon!

YES GO GET FIVE GUYS. That's the East coast rite of passage for sure.

Oh wow do those animal fries look amazing!!! I would like some right now actually. I live in Chicago, and we have Five Guys here, too. I love their fries and toppings so much, but I definitely think I would enjoy In N Out from the looks of it!!!

Looking forward to Disneyland!!!!!!!

The animal fries were definitely the highlight. Even though I totally could go for some cajun fries from Five Guys about now. :D You still need to go to In N Out, it was GOOD.

Disneyland update coming right up!

When In Disneyland For The First Time, You Go To Starbucks!
January 10th, 2018

The day has come! The day is here! It was
:dumbo:
Disneyland Day! :dumbo:

tenor.gif

The last time I was in a new Disney park was nearly EIGHT YEARS AGO. Today was a BIG deal. Needless to say, that wake up call at 6:30am... not a problem at all. And the morning worked like clockwork. Raven got out of the shower right as I was ready to hop in. Then, we were both ready in tandem dressed, packed up and ready to head out at 8am. Before we left, I had to take a quick pic of my outfit for my first day in Disneyland!

My Twitter friends thought it was a total lewk and, not to be totally vain, but I 100% agreed.

We didn't have time to waste and after plugging in the Disneyland address to Raven's waze, we were on our way. Raven also then pulled up her Disney playlist to get us in the mood. Oh it was so exciting! We were totally jamming out and living our best life. I could not WAIT for what the next few days had in store for us! It was so exciting. We both were freaking out so much.

Enough of this drawing out of the suspense, after a half hour of Disney music, we had arrived with the music perfectly timed to "Gonna Take You There" from Princess and the Frog, my favorite Disney movie! :goodvibes

I took a video and bleeped out my usual potty mouth so I don't get in trouble with the DIS police and you can enjoy me losing my mind as we pulled into Mickey & Friends parking:

Click to watch!

Raven's an AP so parking was FREE for us. The parking attendant did have to do a double take when we pulled in because I handed him her AP card, but we got in no issus and got prime parking on the lower level. Pinocchio 8D was our spot, the first parking spot I ever set foot in at Disneyland! It was so exciting.

This was where I realized how lax and less convoluted Disneyland was in comparison to Disney World. Their security was directly right out of parking and you only had to go through ONCE for both parks. No need to factor in the time it took to go through security and the turnstiles like at Disney World, not to mention the driving time since heaven forbid any of the parks be directly across from each other. I'm getting ahead of myself though.

Anyways, when we went through security, we ran into Raven's aunt who works security. She was so sweet and got really excited when she heard it was my first time. Also, while going through security, the lady checking my bags noticed I had tsum tsums (I brought my Aurora tsum tsums in case I met her to take a cute photo with them) and she was all about that. The day was really starting out great. Then, I got to ride on the tram for the first time at ANY Disney park. We almost always stay in a hotel using ME and no car so we always use the busses meaning no tram so the day was really just first after first after first. The pixie dust and excitement was real, I cannot begin to tell you.

When we got off the tram, we were dropped off right near Downtown Disney so I got one familiar sight (although our DTD is now Disney Springs, but likewise) and then I finally got to see Disneyland AND CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE DIRECTLY ACROSS. I knew they were in the vicinity but I didn't expect them to be THAT close. I'm not kidding when I'm saying this all was culture shock, but I was about it. No need for having to use every form of public transportation possible to park hop, instead we actually hop.

Also, the holiday decorations were still out at Disneyland park so as we headed to the gate, I was able to get a good shot of the cute snow wisps on top of the turnstiles!

I still was in so much shock I was there and luckily I had bought my ticket in advanced and downloaded the Disneyland app so I could scan right in without having to stop at guest relations or anything. We walked right up and Raven had me go first so she could watch me get my first taste of Disneyland. I was really afraid the scanning into the park for the first time would be non-chalant and I wouldn't get the old school paper ticket like I did during my first trips pre-Magic Band and FP+ era. Luckily I was proven wrong and not only was my picture taken (a cute one I would later discover), but I got an old school paper ticket. Oh, the nostalgia was real. After, I wrote my name down on the ticket, I had to commemorate the occasion and picture happy Timmy was out again in full force. I had to commemorate my first time in Disneyland as much as I could.

Obviously had to grab a park map!

I was really taking it all in. The familiarity of the attraction posters as you walked in. The train station was smaller and Main Street was much much bigger, but Chamber of Commerce (aka Guest Relations) was on the same side. Unfortunately town square was a WALL. Yup, typical Disney fashion I was greeted with a REFURB WALL. First, the cranes of Galaxy's Edge and now The Wall. These were also a theme with all the change over from Christmas, Pixar Pier, regular Winter refurbs and Pixar Fest. They were everywhere.

Town Square was not the worse. As we rounded the corner and was shocked by the size of Sleeping Beauty's charming little abode, I was greeted with another wall. A WALL AROUND THE HUB INCLUDING THE PARTNER STATUE. Yup, no Partners statue pics this Disney trip. I was pretty upset initially, yelling "WHY?!" at Raven, but I got over it. I WAS HERE. I WAS IN WALT'S PARK. And that's what mattered most. Then Raven pointed out Disneyland's Casting Agency door and I had to get a pic. I have one from Disney World, per typical DCP tradition and now I had one at Disneyland... the tradition carrying over.

It was pretty chilly this morning. I mean, California isn't a total replica of Florida and experiences some sub-60 degrees weather so that jacket was SOOOO necessary.

Moving on, we had gotten there rather early and it wasn't exactly 9am yet so the park wasn't opened. Raven & I were both still a bit tired and starving so where do you go when you need some nourishment to get you going in a Disney park?

Why none other than...

:drinking1 STARBUCKS! :drinking1

Yup, just like WDW, Disneyland had Starbucks on Main Street and it was open prior to park opening or "curtain drop" as Raven said they called it here. She also said their "curtain drop" was really nothing to write home about so Starbucks for breakfast it was. Little did I know this would really become another theme of the trip.

I'm not big on caffeine, but I love Starbucks drinks! I first discovered them on my CP last Fall and hadn't had any since I left, which was really unfortunate. No Pumpkin Spice or Gingerbread Lattes this fall. However, I was ready to amend that this morning. I ended up ordering a Blonde Vanilla Latte, one of Sbucks' new drinks, and a Sausage, Cheddar & Egg sandwich to complete the meal that morning. I was also confronted with the unusually typical question of if I was an AP or not, guess that explains why people call Disneyland, "the locals' park". Raven only got a bottled coke and some other breakfast sandwich, both of which we thoroughly enjoyed as we'd do with any in-park food.

Don't believe me? Here's me enjoying our first in-park breakfast of the trip:

Click to watch!

Ok maybe not the best example of us enjoying. The sandwich was probably devoured long before that video. Raven was pretty go-go-go though and I barely had finished my latte before she said we should go.

Before we left though, we started out getting on our MaxPass advantages. For anyone who still doesn't know how this works, MaxPass begins function once you enter the park. It works a lot like MyMagic+ in that you make FP reservations on an app, in this case, the Disneyland app (don't try the Disney World app with this). The difference is it is one attraction at a time and you can only do it the day of, not like MyMagic+ where you can do it months in advanced. The app also sets you a time for when you can make your next FP, which differs depending upon when the current FP is. It sounds really confusing, but it ended up being super effective for us and really got us doing a lot more stuff than we'd normally expect. We set our first FP for Indiana Jones since that was one of the many attractions WDW didn't have (although DINOSAUR uses the same ride technology and track layout, still quite different). We had awhile and first order of business had to be castle pics... no refurb wall.

On our way out of Starbucks, whilst downing the rest of my latte, we stopped quickly at the Guest Relations stand with all the plaids and asked for a first visit button for me. I'd never gotten one on my first trip to WDW so I was gladly wearing it proudly for my first time in Disneyland!

After that quick detour, Raven had a little conniption as Pocahontas appeared out of NOWHERE and was just out to meet as everyone moved towards Frontierland. I knew characters had a bit more freedom at Disneyland, allowed to wander wherever, but this was so jarring, especially she was without attendant. Raven may or may not have a minor crush on Poca so she dragged me to go meet her. She had little line and I went up first because obviously the Disneyland newbie meets her first. Normally, I'm not one jumping to say Wingapo to Poca, she's not that much of a conversational character nor a favorite of mine, but meeting a princess is meeting a princess and I'm a princess who loves meeting princesses so why not let that be the first meet?

Good thing my princess love came ahead of my usual harsh judgy M&G ways because Poca was lovely. She was all about my shirt and my ears. I believe she asked if I was a night person or that I liked painting the night sky because of the stars on there. It took me a moment to remember I had those ears on, but I caught on and said definitely because I'm a total night person (true fact). Then she asked about my sunglasses, not knowing what they were (she's obviously not used to the ways of more commercialized life... lucky her) and asking if maybe Meeko would eat them. I told her that wouldn't be good and accidentally knocked them onto my face in the process, hence many pics of my struggle getting them back on my head. It was a really fun lively conversation, definitely a great meet to kick off a trip that would include many of them with the character queen himself no doubt.

After we got our picture together, Raven had to get one too. She didn't really have a conversation but the photo is cute (I used it as her intro photo):

We said goodbye to Poca and headed on to our original endeavor of castle pics. I was still working on downing my drink, which almost near halted the Poca meet, but Raven & I figured it out. I still hadn't finished when we got to the castle, but didn't want to waste time. I was in full princess mode which means full castle photoshoot using my nice Nikon DSLR (& iPhone for Insta pics). Really happy with how all these came out.

When in doubt, PRINCESS POSE. #lifemotto

Even though it's not nearly as big or as striking as Cindy's castle, Aurora's is still so beautiful and it's nice to be as close and get the full castle in the shot. It was a good fun and magical shoot (for my ego), we needed to move along though. We were about to go inside the castle when lo and behold I spotted none other than...

BERT!!!

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

tumblr_m897l7LjDz1r9vi6po3_250.gif

If you've followed along on some of my more recent reports or my PTR, you know I LOOOOOVVEEEE me some Bert. He was the reason I cried during the last time I saw Fantasmic at Studios. Give me a cockney accent, a cute loud-colored suit, perfect dance moves and a dorky persona and I'm yours, I guess. I knew he met regularly out at Disneyland, but I didn't expect to see him this early with my latte still not finished. They had no line though so we rushed over, giving me just enough time to finish my latte and hand Raven my camera. He was not by himself though, he was with Mary (who I love dearly too just like the proper Julie Andrews stan I am), but as you can tell the conversation was primarily between Bert & I.

Ain't he so dapper and handsome? (Well, the both of them, although substitute handsome with beautiful for the practically perfect nanny, of course)

They were both very sweet. I mentioned to them that I travelled a long way and used to work at Disney World. It was the first time I mentioned it to a character and became a good convo starter. I think the best quote from this conversation was when I told Bert I was from New Hampshire to which he responded "There's a New Hampshire? I don't remember that. I only remember the Old Hampshire, which back in London, we just call Hampshire." It killed me especially because back on my CP, I once mentioned where I was from to Aladdin and Jasmine to which Al said, "What happened to the Old Hampshire?" Oh the memories. It was another great meet in the books. I got to see my beloved Bert (two handshakes included (sadly no hugs)) and we were on our way again.

I found out after we left the meet that apparently Raven and Mary had some beef. I didn't press further, but still something to ponder. A jolly holiday was had between her and I (and Bert) nevertheless.

We still had much time before our FP at Indy and there were many MANY other rides I had to go on that weren't in WDW so an attraction was definitely going to be our next course of action.

But which one to choose as my first attraction at Disneyland? Hmmm...

Continued Here

Last edited:
You looked so cute for your first Disneyland day!

That paper ticket with the fab 5 is so adorable.

Nice pics with Pocahontas! And your castle pics came out so great, good idea doing it early in the morning.

How awesome to run into Mary & Bert so early in the day! Glad it was a great meet.

Wooo! :jumping3:

This was where I realized how lax and less convoluted Disneyland was in comparison to Disney World. Their security was directly right out of parking and you only had to go through ONCE for both parks. No need to factor in the time it took to go through security and the turnstiles like at Disney World, not to mention the driving time since heaven forbid any of the parks be directly across from each other.

Wow...it sounds so wonderful...

I got an old school paper ticket. Oh, the nostalgia was real.

Aww! It's been so long since I've had a paper ticket!

I was greeted with another wall. A WALL AROUND THE HUB INCLUDING THE PARTNER STATUE. Yup, no Partners statue pics this Disney trip. I was pretty upset initially, yelling "WHY?!" at Raven, but I got over it.

Aw man! Such a disappointment! But I guess you're right that in the scheme of things it didn't matter much on such a wonderful day.

we stopped quickly at the Guest Relations stand with all the plaids and asked for a first visit button for me. I'd never gotten one on my first trip to WDW so I was gladly wearing it proudly for my first time in Disneyland!

Yay! I've never had one either!

After that quick detour, Raven had a little conniption as Pocahontas appeared out of NOWHERE and was just out to meet as everyone moved towards Frontierland. I knew characters had a bit more freedom at Disneyland, allowed to wander wherever, but this was so jarring, especially she was without attendant. Raven may or may not have a minor crush on Poca so she dragged me to go meet her.

Yay! Love me some princess meets. No judgement here, I may have a slight crush on Merida.

Poca is lookin' great!! You, too!

Even though it's not nearly as big or as striking as Cindy's castle, Aurora's is still so beautiful and it's nice to be as close and get the full castle in the shot.

Such nice pictures you got!

I think the best quote from this conversation was when I told Bert I was from New Hampshire to which he responded "There's a New Hampshire? I don't remember that. I only remember the Old Hampshire, which back in London, we just call Hampshire."

This is fabulous! Great meet :goodvibes

She got herself set up on Waze (a great app for anyone who's terrible directionally and needs to get around to places they aren't too familiar with)
Oh, I use Waze all the time in LA! Even just driving to/from work because it helps to know if there's an accident or traffic jam or something! I'm actually a "Waze Royalty", so I'm in the top 1% of users in California... don't know if that's a good or bad thing!

Love this gif!

The consensus? It was REALLY good. I'm not sure if I liked it better than our East Coast counterpart Five Guys, but they're very different places
I am not really an In-n-out fan! I've tried, but it just doesn't work for me. I prefer The Habit or Five Guys or anything else!

A WALL AROUND THE HUB INCLUDING THE PARTNER STATUE. Yup, no Partners statue pics this Disney trip. I was pretty upset initially, yelling "WHY?!" at Raven, but I got over it.
I know-it was so horrible! I feel so bad for all the people visiting who have to deal with it!

I was also confronted with the unusually typical question of if I was an AP or not, guess that explains why people call Disneyland, "the locals' park".
Yup, they always ask if you are an AP or not. At WDW I had to keep remembering to pull out my AP to get the discount!

Cute Photos, of both Pocahontus and Bert!

perfectly timed to "Gonna Take You There" from Princess and the Frog, my favorite Disney movie! :goodvibes
Loooove Princess and the Frog!! My mom's favorite place is New Orleans, so we of course went to the theater to see it when it came out. We absolutely love it, especially the soundtrack.

the lady checking my bags noticed I had tsum tsums
Yay for tsum tsums! I may or may not have bought my son two tsum tsum Advent calendars this year, just so we could add to our collection!! We have lots of stuffed ones, too.

Yippeeeeeee!!!!!!

#truth

You looked so cute for your first Disneyland day!

Awww thank you! :teeth:

That paper ticket with the fab 5 is so adorable.

Isn't it? I miss having them at WDW. (rip)

Nice pics with Pocahontas! And your castle pics came out so great, good idea doing it early in the morning.

Thank you! Morning is seriously the best time for everything.

How awesome to run into Mary & Bert so early in the day! Glad it was a great meet.

I always loved meeting them. :goodvibes1

Wow...it sounds so wonderful...

IT IS.

Aww! It's been so long since I've had a paper ticket!

Like SAME. I was so shook.

Aw man! Such a disappointment! But I guess you're right that in the scheme of things it didn't matter much on such a wonderful day.

Definitely and that I could always come back when the walls were down (and there is no construction at all mind you).

Yay! I've never had one either!

It's so special to me now. :)

Yay! Love me some princess meets. No judgement here, I may have a slight crush on Merida.

I LOVE MEETING MERIDA. She's not one of my faves outside of M&Gs (there's still some bitterness about Brave winning over THE FAR MORE DESERVING Wreck-It Ralph). It's too bad she's not common in DLR tho.

Poca is lookin' great!! You, too!

Aww thanks! I'll pass the message onto Poca eventually.

Such nice pictures you got!

Thank you!

This is fabulous! Great meet :goodvibes

It was. Most were this trip.

Oh, I use Waze all the time in LA! Even just driving to/from work because it helps to know if there's an accident or traffic jam or something! I'm actually a "Waze Royalty", so I'm in the top 1% of users in California... don't know if that's a good or bad thing!

I just never knew anyone outside of my family who used it. I used to have it, but on my old phone it took up a lot of space and since I don't drive a lot, I deleted it. But tbh, MUCH better than Google Maps.

Love this gif!

Supernatural fan? Dean or Sam?

I am not really an In-n-out fan! I've tried, but it just doesn't work for me. I prefer The Habit or Five Guys or anything else!

Interesting. I think Five Guys might be more my gig cuz more selection but I can't deny In N Out isn't good. Never heard of The Habit tho.

I know-it was so horrible! I feel so bad for all the people visiting who have to deal with it!

After I got back, everyone on my Twitter was making memes about it. I wanted to cry.

Yup, they always ask if you are an AP or not. At WDW I had to keep remembering to pull out my AP to get the discount!

It's the little differences that make them so different. It was all a cultural shock.

Cute Photos, of both Pocahontus and Bert!

Thank you! They were both so much fun. :goodvibes1

Loooove Princess and the Frog!! My mom's favorite place is New Orleans, so we of course went to the theater to see it when it came out. We absolutely love it, especially the soundtrack.

New Orleans is probz the number one city I want to visit next in the US, even before I saw the movie (no wonder it's my fave). I could go on and on about how PatF is so underrated and honestly would've surpassed all current princess films if released today. I love my Tia, Lottie, Naveen, Louis, Ray & fam.

Yay for tsum tsums! I may or may not have bought my son two tsum tsum Advent calendars this year, just so we could add to our collection!! We have lots of stuffed ones, too.

Last time I counted I have over 100. Haven't gotten any recently though. If I hear that they released a PatF set, I'm SOOOOO getting it.

Blair-Waldorf2.gif

Supernatural fan? Dean or Sam?
Of course! I don't think I have a favorite, because they both have great qualities but also significant faults. I think that is what makes them such amazing characters. And I just love the whole way that show-the cast, production, etc-respect and interact with their fans. I have done GISHWHES twice, though the second time was a bit of bust, even though it did include me and my sister dressing up as a tea bag and sugar cubes and riding the Teacups!

Never heard of The Habit tho.
I think it's another SoCal one. And it is awesome! If you come back, make sure to make a stop at one of those!

This was the best to read after a long (Mon)day of teaching. Your excitement made me smile. Pocahontas is so gorgeous. And you're adorable, no matter where you're posing.

Of course! I don't think I have a favorite, because they both have great qualities but also significant faults. I think that is what makes them such amazing characters. And I just love the whole way that show-the cast, production, etc-respect and interact with their fans. I have done GISHWHES twice, though the second time was a bit of bust, even though it did include me and my sister dressing up as a tea bag and sugar cubes and riding the Teacups!

I haven't watched it in forever but it was the first show I ever binged long before Netflix had it so it has a special place in my heart. I'm totally a Dean girl. Such a crush on him way back when I first started watching way back when. I mean... how can you not? LOOK AT HIM:

original.gif

This was the best to read after a long (Mon)day of teaching. Your excitement made me smile. Pocahontas is so gorgeous. And you're adorable, no matter where you're posing.

Lol Mondays are SOOO for distracting yourself with Disney. And you're so sweet omg thank you, I try :goodvibes

tenor.gif

Ahhh!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

Enough of this drawing out of the suspense, after a half hour of Disney music, we had arrived with the music perfectly timed to "Gonna Take You There" from Princess and the Frog, my favorite Disney movie! :goodvibes

The absolute perfect song to arrive to!!

I took a video and bleeped out my usual potty mouth so I don't get in trouble with the DIS police and you can enjoy me losing my mind as we pulled into Mickey & Friends parking:

Click to watch!

A completely justified response. I have a feeling mine would be quite similar:rotfl::thumbsup2

I had to commemorate my first time in Disneyland as much as I could.

This picture is perfection!

park opening or "curtain drop" as Raven said they called it here

Interesting...I didn't know they called it anything other than rope drop!

I was in full princess mode which means full castle photoshoot using my nice Nikon DSLR (& iPhone for Insta pics). Really happy with how all these came out.

THESE. Also perfection :flower1::flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter