Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

I think they increased capacity across the board starting in July. I had a trip planned in July where a number of days already had HS for resorts and tickets gone and now everything is green again.
I'm starting to think this is true.

With all of the posts and threads about CMs being called back, the college program reopening, and the new hires, the staffing seems to be increasing which would be necessary for a guest capacity increase. You simply cannot add, for instance, 10,000 - 15,000 guests in a park and not have the staffing to meet and manage the guest experience. By waiting to July you can get your CMs back in the rhythm of work and the newbies can get several weeks of training when there are less guests?

Plus, I wonder if this also means that the queues will be reduced to 3 foot social distancing in May or June too. If you add more capacity and guests to the parks, I don't think you can have the queues continuing to snake throughout the concourses and walking paths at 6' feet distances without creating even more nightmare bottlenecks. Logistically to move people around the park there would have to be reduced distancing, I would think.

Why would Hollywood Studios already be booked for Oct. 11 - 14, is there something special going on besides the 50th Anniversary
Mon. 10/11 is Columbus Day which is a popular time for students who have a fall break.

My email to ticketing was inquiring if:
  • Creating the non-expire accounts was the normal process.
  • How do I make future park reservations with my MDE account since it no longer contains valid admission... when obviously I still do.
  • How to use the non-expiration tickets since they are no longer attached to my MBs and cards.
We often recommend creating a new profile to "hold" tickets that you don't want to use. The CM went a little above if an entirely new MDE account was created. You should be able to re-assign the non-expiring tickets back to your "real" self when you want to use them.

I know how to make park reservations, but what is the best place to check for cancelations? Just press "make new reservation" and see if there is availability for the day you want at the park you want? But how will it let you know that there is availability at a different park if it takes you to the "remove from party" page?

Right now the Park reservations are only showing availability for Epcot for the four days that we will be at Dsineyworld. Does anyone know if reservations open up as time goes on, (we go in June), or will we really only be able to go to Epcot the whole time?

Right now the Park reservations are only showing availability for Epcot for the four days that we will be at Dsineyworld. Does anyone know if reservations open up as time goes on, (we go in June), or will we really only be able to go to Epcot the whole time?
I wish there was some good advice here. There aren’t any guarantees but with perseverance you might get what you’re looking for. APR started booking out 30-60 days prior during spring break and as more people caught wind of that more people starting booking well in advance. We’ve seen a few waves of availability turn June from yellow to green again but it is usually short lived and fills back up within a day or two or so...
I’d keep checking in whenever you have time to see if any of your dates have become available. Don’t just look at the general calendar, actually go in to the next step where you make the reservation. Sometimes different availability can show up there plus you’re a page ahead to get a jump on the competition . Basically be on the look out for cancellations being released from other guests or WDW adding/ resorting more slots. Goodluck & myfbwy 😊

If you get hoppers, you could go to another park after 2pm, as long as you've tapped into your first park....

I was just able to make a park reservation for Hollywood Studios for the end of June! Hadn't seen that available in all the times I've been checking. Now hoping for some availability at Magic Kingdom

Any tips on how my family of 4 could get a one day Park Pass reservation to MK last week of June? Do I just keep clicking on the MK option for Park Pass reservation throughout the day every day until something opens up?

I've seen others post that you could maybe try for just one reservation at a time rather than all 4 at once. Good luck to you and hopefully if you are patient and persistent you'll get them.

June is almost completely open for APs, everyday accept one is full green. Historically Disney will move those days to Resort Guest and regular ticket holders as the dates get closer. Book Epcot for now, or any other park you can and upgrade to hoppers that day if thats your only way. But keep checking to see if they move the open spots over. Sadly there is no rhyme or reason to it.

Funny......I was looking to make reservations for June 12th at MK for 6 people. The availability calendar showed only Epcot being available. I got a wild hair and decided to try anyway. I got the reservations I wanted. I guess moral of the story........don't just look at the availability calendar.....

Funny......I was looking to make reservations for June 12th at MK for 6 people. The availability calendar showed only Epcot being available. I got a wild hair and decided to try anyway. I got the reservations I wanted. I guess moral of the story........don't just look at the availability calendar.....
So glad you got what you wanted.

Yes, what you said is exactly right. The availability calendar is not updated real-time so it's best to actually try to get the reservation you want as opposed to only going by the calendar.

Plus, I wonder if this also means that the queues will be reduced to 3 foot social distancing in May or June too. If you add more capacity and guests to the parks, I don't think you can have the queues continuing to snake throughout the concourses and walking paths at 6' feet distances without creating even more nightmare bottlenecks. Logistically to move people around the park there would have to be reduced distancing, I would think.
Temperature Screenings Until May 16 for Guests.

Disney announced yesterday ( May 12th )

Physical Distancing

Temporary adjustments are still in place to promote physical distancing. While we will reduce physical distancing measures for Guests across many areas with a gradual, phased approach, six-feet distancing measures will continue in all dining locations, merchandise stores and in areas where Guests can temporarily remove their masks.

Physical distancing measures may include:
  • Signage and Ground Markings: Please follow directional signage and ground markings, which have been installed throughout Walt Disney World Resort to help Guests better navigate common areas while practicing physical distancing.
  • Physical Barriers: Physical barriers have been added in select places to help promote proper separation between people, including in queues and on transportation and attractions. Barriers may also be visible, for example, in areas around cash registers or at Guest Relations.
  • Party Size: Guests traveling in parties of more than 10 are asked to split into smaller groups in queues, dining locations and other areas around our parks and resorts to better allow for physical distancing.

Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/

Dave

Is the availability of parks different if you have existing reservations at a WDW RESORT? I read an article from a site that seemed to suggest that park availability differs for AP, Resort guests, and ticket only holders? If so, how can I access the calendar for Resort guests?

I believe that the two pots are just APs and ticket holders. You can’t make an APR if you have a resort reservation but no park tickets.

I believe that the two pots are just APs and ticket holders. You can’t make an APR if you have a resort reservation but no park tickets.
There are 3 buckets - APs not staying on site, ticket holders not staying on site and onsite guests with tickets or APs. Some offsite hotels are also included in the onsite bucket.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter