Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Your dear friend can add you in MDE, making sure that you enable photopass sharing, and she will be able to view, and download (for her own use) your photopass pictures.

If I don't have memory maker, but have magic bands.. will I still get the on ride pictures and videos as options to purchase (either via photopass or a 1 day memory maker)?

Going on a 1 day visit (HS in AM, MK in PM) and want to be able to have the automatic ride photos and videos (ToT, 7DMT, RnRC). Thanks

If I don't have memory maker, but have magic bands.. will I still get the on ride pictures and videos as options to purchase (either via photopass or a 1 day memory maker)?
Yes, they’ll show up in your MDX account! :-) And, I keep thinking “you’re finally going to the World!” Have a great time, Luis!

I have read through all of this....I notice that those who have AP and photo that any friends and families can use the AP photo pass even if the AP holder is not on the same time....but once linked should they be able to see the photos from previous trips. I am adding my sister to my friends and family list but when we go into her account she can't see anything...I thought she would be able to. She goes in May. We might be going in May just waiting for the gov't to let my husband know if he can. But either way I thought she could see our previous trip.

Yes, they’ll show up in your MDX account! :-) And, I keep thinking “you’re finally going to the World!” Have a great time, Luis!

hiro.. yes.. finally! It's been 1.5 years.. which is about 1 year too long as far as I'm concerned. My older daughter just turned 13 and thinks she's too cool for the world so wants to try Universal. So we are doing that but I'm taking my 8 year old to WDW for a day (just her and I, my older one can stay at Universal with her mom that day). Have a fun day planned with the younger one. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have read through all of this....I notice that those who have AP and photo that any friends and families can use the AP photo pass even if the AP holder is not on the same time....but once linked should they be able to see the photos from previous trips. I am adding my sister to my friends and family list but when we go into her account she can't see anything...I thought she would be able to. She goes in May. We might be going in May just waiting for the gov't to let my husband know if he can. But either way I thought she could see our previous trip.
Only you can see previous trips. She can see photos but only within the timeframe that they exist for a non-AP person.

For instance, I’m linked to an AP Guest. I can see his currently linked photos from his trip a couple of weeks ago but not photos from his January trip. All the photos that I can view have the Photopass watermark whereas the AP has a clear view of the photo. The MDX/Photopass system does know who is who in relation to who has the AP.

if i buy an annual pass, i get "photopass download" included at no additional cost, correct?
is this the functionally the same as memory maker?

last summer i had free memory maker - it was included in my UK 21 day ticket.

if i buy an AP this year, will the included photopass download seem to be the same to me (as memory maker)? (at no additional cost beyond the cost of the AP)?

if i buy an annual pass, i get "photopass download" included at no additional cost, correct?
is this the functionally the same as memory maker?

last summer i had free memory maker - it was included in my UK 21 day ticket.

if i buy an AP this year, will the included photopass download seem to be the same to me (as memory maker)? (at no additional cost beyond the cost of the AP)?

Yes, it will function like MM - but better! Because photos will be available for download for one year plus 30 days after they were taken.

Question...we went in Oct and I was able to purchase just the day of my son's bday pictures....I was able to get the full days worth for around $70 I think. My cousin went in Feb and I can't find where she can purchase just the full single day? Did they take that away?

I believe the option is still there, but it is only available through the My Disney Experience mobile app. In the app, click on the character icon on the bottom, then scroll down to my photos, then open a photo. At the bottom, click on buy my photos, which should then give you some options, one of which will be Unlimited Downloads of your photo for this day.

Question...we went in Oct and I was able to purchase just the day of my son's bday pictures....I was able to get the full days worth for around $70 I think. My cousin went in Feb and I can't find where she can purchase just the full single day? Did they take that away?
Choose a photo and Select the option to purchase. The 1-day Memory Maker for that specific day will be one of the options from the “purchase” area.

I believe the option is still there, but it is only available through the My Disney Experience mobile app. In the app, click on the character icon on the bottom, then scroll down to my photos, then open a photo. At the bottom, click on buy my photos, which should then give you some options, one of which will be Unlimited Downloads of your photo for this day.
That is my issue then. I was on the computer tonight trying it....will try my phone then later. I am traveling tomorrow to meet up with her and help her get her pictures purchase and started to panic!
Thanks so much!!!

So then you can only download to a phone and not to a computer?

Does anyone have experience of the Disney Fine Art photography? I am considering one of the Castle mini sessions.

I already have a session booked with an off-site photographer but he can’t do anything in the parks and I like the idea of some castle pics. I have Lightroom so can edit the photos a little myself.
I’ve been exploring the same thing. I got such mixed information and opinions, and the sample photos were all over the place. Disney was less than helpful when I tried to ask questions, I swear they NEVER answer the phone so I emailed through the website... and they told me to call. And then I got distracted and forgot about it

So then you can only download to a phone and not to a computer?
Once you have made your purchase, you can download from the computer. However, for what ever reason, the only way to purchase the one day Memory Maker is through the mobile app.

Once you have made your purchase, you can download from the computer. However, for what ever reason, the only way to purchase the one day Memory Maker is through the mobile app.

Ha, Disney programming at its finest lol. Thank you, that probably would have driven me batty, we planned to only buy one day too.

Ha, Disney programming at its finest lol. Thank you, that probably would have driven me batty, we planned to only buy one day too.
You're most welcome. Glad I could be of assistance. I actually have never used the one day Memory Maker, but I've read a few accounts of how to get to it. It does seem more hidden, and complicated than necessary lol.

How will the the photographer know that you purchased memory maker? If i remember correctly, Disney Land gave you a different pass to show the photographer, that you purchased the prepackaged photos, I've heard that they were more inclined to take more pictures and add special elements to the pictures at the time. You also could get the "free" photo claim ticket but the photographers just took normal pictures.

How will the the photographer know that you purchased memory maker? If i remember correctly, Disney Land gave you a different pass to show the photographer, that you purchased the prepackaged photos, I've heard that they were more inclined to take more pictures and add special elements to the pictures at the time. You also could get the "free" photo claim ticket but the photographers just took normal pictures.
The photographers don't know whether you have Memory Maker or not. They take photos for everyone regardless, always take at least a couple of shots, and often enough, add in Magic Shots. How many shots they take, how much time they spend with you, in my experience, is largely determined by how busy they are. If you are lucky enough to come across a photographer whom doesn't have a line, they are quite likely to spend some extra time and effort on your photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter