Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Almost had VQs yesterday for both tron and guardians but got to Epcot about 5/10 minutes too late. Yesterdays 1pm guardians drop lasted til about 2:15/2:20pm.
I did this on Sat 4/1. We did TRON 2 times that morning and tapped into EPCOT at around 2:15pm and were able to jump into the 1pm VQ. I was stoked!! :)

I am trying to be positive about getting a VQ, but what happens if your boarding group happens while you have a dining reservation? Lets say our VQ is 5:30pm but our dinner reservation starts at 5pm, how do you manage it?
We have two ADRs on our MK day, so if I don't get a favorable (early) VQ time, I am probably going to buy the ILL so I can choose when to ride and have a short wait. I've read reports about people being turned away from Tron even due to ADRs. I think it's CM discretion, so you'd be taking a chance on whoever is there when you check in and how lenient they are willing to be. Since we know they are being quite strict on return windows, just plan accordingly!

Just back from April week stay at WDW. What an eventful Easter week!

Tron on opening day - Group 3! :) That was a lot of fun! The lines were HUGE already and literally open ramp in 85 humid weather with tiny little umbrellas -- they need to address this before summer crowds really hit. Return times are being enforced with some leeway around the minutes mark. Make sure you check with the folk at the beginning of the ramp and not wait. DS has DAS and they were a bit more accommodating with his needs and kudos to the CMs on this.

Extended Evening Hours -- NOTE: make sure your names match up with hotel reservation. Also, if you have multiple rooms, this will give you trouble and will need Guest experience to rectify the issue. Tron went in <3 sec. on following Monday GOTG went in 5 sec despite heavy rains all day.

GOTG -- times NOT enforced. Rode this everyday since we enjoyed SO much more than Tron. We capped off our last night, last ride of trip with Conga. Epic.

Last edited:
I tried to find an answer to my question but I may have overlooked it: Does anyone know when the $LL is sold out for Tron? I feel like I'd have better odds getting that than the VQ. Oh! I'll also be staying offsite so I know that means I won't be able to purchase at 7 but could try for the VQ. Thank you for any help!

I tried to find an answer to my question but I may have overlooked it: Does anyone know when the $LL is sold out for Tron? I feel like I'd have better odds getting that than the VQ. Oh! I'll also be staying offsite so I know that means I won't be able to purchase at 7 but could try for the VQ. Thank you for any help!
There are 2 attempts for the VQ 7am & 1pm...which is maybe your best option. If staying off site, you will run the risk of the ILL being all booked by park open. Good luck

See this page on Thrill-data (4th and 5th graphs).

1681397229565.png

It’s usually sold out before it gets to regular park guests. I’ve seen it last as short as 20 min and over 45 min. I don’t think it’s made it to non resort guests yet though

If this has already been answered somewhere, feel free to point me there. About how long are people waiting in the physical que for Tron once their boarding group has been called?

If this has already been answered somewhere, feel free to point me there. About how long are people waiting in the physical que for Tron once their boarding group has been called?
I have read there have been some long lines, however, I had VQ group 15 on Saturday 4/2 (soft open) and I don't think we waited 25 minutes. I am not sure what it has been since official open

So far I’ve been on with group 11 and 154. Both times had minimal waits but it was first thing in the morning and after 10pm.

There are many wait times shared throughout this post. Seems to be consistently inconsistent. Early in day and sometimes later in evening may be shorter but have read up to 60 mins at other times. And, some is in the sun. Not ideal but sadly reality right now.

We were about 45 minutes from the time we got in line to the time we were done the ride on Tuesday. I got Group 72 in the 1:00 VQ and it was called around 2:45.

Although we arrived 10 minutes before the end of our arrival time window, since the tap is not at the entrance to the queue, by the time we went to tap in we were technically one minute late. I was worried we would get turned away but we did not.
We waited maybe at most half an hour to ride in the morning and 20 minutes at 10:30pm.

Although we arrived 10 minutes before the end of our arrival time window, since the tap is not at the entrance to the queue, by the time we went to tap in we were technically one minute late. I was worried we would get turned away but we did not.
We waited maybe at most half an hour to ride in the morning and 20 minutes at 10:30pm.
They will take into account the length of the line to the tap station but, that's only if there is a line so for other's it's always best to arrive within your window as you did.

Please don't make the same mistake I did with the Guardians boarding group - I was confused about being a deluxe guest during Extra Evening Theme Park hours. I obtained a boarding group at 7am and once we used it, I thought I was eligible to try again at 1pm but the app wouldn't let me so I wrongly assumed I wasn't able to book anymore that day. I didn't even try at 6pm. It wasn't until our Magic Kingdom day that I figured out that as a deluxe guest during Extra Evening Theme Park hours you can try to book another boarding group at 6pm.

It was one aspect of my pre departure research that I did not clarify/pay enough attention to. I think I was so worried about getting a boarding group that I didn't pay close enough attention to how many I could attempt to get!

Last edited:
So we are arriving Sunday around 2pm. We have an MK park reservation so it sounds like my only VQ option that day is at 7am. In general, I would assume the 7am VQ groups board earlier in the day though? Is that correct?

If so, we won't be at MK by 1pm so the later drop won't work.

So we are arriving Sunday around 2pm. We have an MK park reservation so it sounds like my only VQ option that day is at 7am. In general, I would assume the 7am VQ groups board earlier in the day though? Is that correct?

We got boarding group 11 and I think once our boarding group was called our return time window was by 9:45. I am not sure about the higher boarding group numbers.

If you aren’t arriving until 2PM if you want to be sure to ride, unfortunately you would need to purchase an ILL$ where you can choose the return time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter