Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

While that may be true, I was there last week and the crowds were MUCH higher than last year at the same time. Historically, this week is pretty low with kids going back to school in many states. However, the number of Europeans has increased dramatically--which makes sense, all those postponed 2020 trips. I would estimate that about half of the conversations I overhead last week had a British accent--which is always fun to hear!
You definitely can't compare crowds of 2020 and 2021 to any point in recent history. They stand alone as low points. 2020 was like a low crowd dream
2022 feels to me to be about to 2019 comparisons points

You definitely can't compare crowds of 2020 and 2021 to any point in recent history. They stand alone as low points. 2020 was like a low crowd dream
2022 feels to me to be about to 2019 comparisons points
That's good to point out. We had always gone in February (Presidents Day Weekend) or mid-April up until 2020. We rescheduled our April 2020 trip to the third week in August 2021 and we thought we might have found a sweet spot for crowds. Sounds like not so much? I thought that maybe the crowds were a bit higher than normal for this time period in 2022 because of the increase in international travelers, but maybe that's just what it is.

Anyway, 3rd week of August crowds are still better than Presidents Day or Mid-April crowds!

While that may be true, I was there last week and the crowds were MUCH higher than last year at the same time. Historically, this week is pretty low with kids going back to school in many states. However, the number of Europeans has increased dramatically--which makes sense, all those postponed 2020 trips. I would estimate that about half of the conversations I overhead last week had a British accent--which is always fun to hear!
Can confirm. Everyone we’re meeting is British (including us!)

Correct, you don't pick a time. Do NOT refresh, you won't get it at all. Cast members have been allowing guests to enter the VQ line any time after their group is called, without issue. So take what you can get, and go when you want that day, as long as your group has been called.

VQ first. Then G+, especially if you want Remy. Then ILL for Guardians if you want it. That has been available for hours. And it's worth riding twice!
Definitely second this. We got boarding group 14 today and our boarding time was a little after 9 am, when we still hadn’t left our home airport yet. We entered after 4 pm with no issues. Thanks for the tip!

That's good to point out. We had always gone in February (Presidents Day Weekend) or mid-April up until 2020. We rescheduled our April 2020 trip to the third week in August 2021 and we thought we might have found a sweet spot for crowds. Sounds like not so much? I thought that maybe the crowds were a bit higher than normal for this time period in 2022 because of the increase in international travelers, but maybe that's just what it is.

Anyway, 3rd week of August crowds are still better than Presidents Day or Mid-April crowds!

Crowds maybe better... but how is the weather?

August has become the new "value season"... plenty of rooms available, some of the lowest rates for the year as well.

Crowds maybe better... but how is the weather?

August has become the new "value season"... plenty of rooms available, some of the lowest rates for the year as well.
Basically hot til early eve then stormy. Or has been since we arrived last thu

Do you have to be inside the park to secure one of the later BGs?
For the 1 PM GotG VQ drop, you have to have scanned in to Epcot to be eligible. If you scan in before 1 and then leave, you’re still eligible to try.

For the 6 PM VQ drop, you don’t have to be in Epcot and aren’t required to scan in before then. You do have to be eligible for DEEH in terms of resort reservation and Epcot admission.

On 8/22 the 1pm queue closed quickly. I would’ve purchased ILL but decided not to based on it still being available at 2pm last week.
I was able to get a spot at the 6pm drop.
Just for reference, when did you try for the 1pm queue?

Yes, you can try after tapping in. DH was all disappointed last month around 4 PM standing by the Epcot ticket booths when MDE said the VQ was available but he wasn’t eligible - then we tapped in, and he got one right away!
What does "tapping in" mean?

During our recent 10 night stay we rode it 3 times. Our first Epcot day I joined the virtual queue at 7am (on a Tuesday) and were called around 9.30am via a MDE message, and it didn't take long to board at all.

On our second Epcot day (Sunday) I again joined at 7am, but this time the estimated boarding time was 3.55pm but didn't think we'd be there that long as arriving at 8am for rope drop. I booked an ILL for 9.30am and just hoped we'd be called earlier for our virtual queue group, and luckily it was brought forward to 2ish so we joined the queue, and had a nightmare. Firstly we queued for 40 minutes just to get to the boarding section, when it went down on one side. After 10 minutes in the same spot it fully opened again and finally rode it for the 3rd time. That 3rd time took an hour in total, which almost 3 times as long as our first virtual queue experience.

It is amazing though, and I love they vary the song on each ride. I won't say any more as I don't want to ruin it for others yet to ride.

We are going over Columbus Day weekend and only have one day in the parks (still deciding between Saturday and Sunday). We are planning on going to AK then hopping to Epcot around 2-3. My 7 year old is obsessed with all things Guardians and I want to make sure he gets to ride it. I’m ok buying $ILL but just want to confirm - if I’m up at 7am (staying at SOG) I should be able to purchase the $ILL for that afternoon with no issues, right? He would be devastated if we don’t get to ride it but the family vote was to start at AK that day and I’m trying to make everyone happy.

We are going over Columbus Day weekend and only have one day in the parks (still deciding between Saturday and Sunday). We are planning on going to AK then hopping to Epcot around 2-3. My 7 year old is obsessed with all things Guardians and I want to make sure he gets to ride it. I’m ok buying $ILL but just want to confirm - if I’m up at 7am (staying at SOG) I should be able to purchase the $ILL for that afternoon with no issues, right? He would be devastated if we don’t get to ride it but the family vote was to start at AK that day and I’m trying to make everyone happy.
You should be fine. I booked Genie+ for Navi River, than purchased ILL for FoP and then purchased ILL for GotG for the late afternoon. Genie+ was a huge help so we were able to finish up in AK around 2:30p for some Epcot time, then took the monorail to the MK for the evening.

I read through this entire thread, but I just want to make sure this is the correct route to take!

Planning on EPCOT 9/12, will be utilizing Genie+. GotG is a big priority for DH and I, while Remy is priority for my son. Should I wake up and enter VQ for Remy and then purchase $ILL for GotG, or the other way around? Hoping to also try to VQ for GotG at the 1PM or 6 PM drop.

Thanks! 🙃

I read through this entire thread, but I just want to make sure this is the correct route to take!

Planning on EPCOT 9/12, will be utilizing Genie+. GotG is a big priority for DH and I, while Remy is priority for my son. Should I wake up and enter VQ for Remy and then purchase $ILL for GotG, or the other way around? Hoping to also try to VQ for GotG at the 1PM or 6 PM drop.

Thanks! 🙃

I would book the LL for Remy first, then purchase the $LL for GotG. Is there a reason you don't want to try for the 7am GotG virtual queue? I was able to do that followed by a LL for Remy and could have also purchased a $LL for GotG afterward.

I tried for the 6pm GotG drop and it was gone in seconds, struck out.

I would book the LL for Remy first, then purchase the $LL for GotG. Is there a reason you don't want to try for the 7am GotG virtual queue? I was able to do that followed by a LL for Remy and could have also purchased a $LL for GotG afterward.
No particular reason... I would just rather use that 7AM spot to get Remy, because my son will not be riding GotG with us and I want him to be excited! Then I will just pay for the $ILL and be guaranteed a spot. I just thought if I got a LL for GotG at 7AM, then I would not be able to reserve another LL for Remy until two hours later and then would be taking a chance of them all being gone.

No particular reason... I would just rather use that 7AM spot to get Remy, because my son will not be riding GotG with us and I want him to be excited! Then I will just pay for the $ILL and be guaranteed a spot. I just thought if I got a LL for GotG at 7AM, then I would not be able to reserve another LL for Remy until two hours later and then would be taking a chance of them all being gone.
I believe you may be confusing VQ and LL. (It IS confusing!!) They are 2 different things. A guest needs Genie+ to book a LL. All guests are eligible to try and join the GotG VQ even if they do not have Genie+.

I will leave how to try and get a VQ to others who have done it as we have not visited since GotG opened.

Thanks! 🙃
I am doing a similar plan at Epcot this coming weekend. As a PP said, Remy does not have a VQ, only GotG does.

This is the order that I am doing things. Staying onsite so can do it all at 7am.
1) Get in VQ for GotG
2) Get a G+ reservation for Remy
3) Buy a $ILL for GotG (to ride it a second time)

That seems to be the consensus as to the prioritization. We will RD Test Track, and hopefully also hit Frozen right away before line is too long, then use G+ for everything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter