EXCELLENT Alamo rate!

I must have reserved mine at just the right time awhile back. Whenever you all say your prices have dropped....I always check....but I can't get better than what I've got. We got Trail Blazer for 10 days at 248.43....using the walmart codes.

But thanks for always giving a heads up when rates drop!!

willise,

try the walmart code of: 430710, Rate code: "by" and coupon code: "D24C"... the 430710 code is getting me the the same rate as the cosco rate and you don't have to worry baout being a member or not.

I just rebooked my minivan again today for May (8days) @ $173.

My advice, always keep checking. Mine hadn't dropped in awhile but it did again today. You never know!! It still may be a little soon for the better rates in Oct. but book now and re-book as you need.

(PS - I've had no better luck with the pre-pay codes but I know some people who have.)

Ok What I think you are doing is going to the alamo site first.

Go to costco.com
Click their travel link then the rental cars
then select alamo
On the page that describes the alamo use the click here link to start the ressie process. (you will be leaving the costco site but still have the costco travel frame around everything)
Now you are on alamos site
There will be a dark red button that says >>reservations
plus there will be a blue box with Click here for addistional savings.....
Save $20 off your rental
Save $25 off your rental
One free day

Click the Save $25 off your rental.
You will be at a new page that gives the details
click the dark red reservations button
Put in your info....the coupon and the Id will be prefilled
once a list of available cars come up some will have coupon will be applied to this vehicle in yellow.
Not all of the vehicles will have this just the ones that the coupon applies to. Choose out of them and at the end page you will see the total minus the $25 additional.

Without reading the entire thread, what happened to the Midsize SUV? I have one for May 5th to the 21st, using the Entertainment Book coupon, for $256.52 total.

Has anyone not been able to get their reserved SUV recently?

Are these only good for May? I used the Costco link (we're members) and got the $25 off but not the additional 20%. We're looking at around $240 for a mid-sized SUV for 5/31-6/6.

Got the same rate using the WalMart code that was also posted.

Fionasmommy said:
Are these only good for May? I used the Costco link (we're members) and got the $25 off but not the additional 20%. We're looking at around $240 for a mid-sized SUV for 5/31-6/6.

Got the same rate using the WalMart code that was also posted.

I have no idea but I am getting the cheaper rate... the chevy equinox is coming up as $136 before the $25 discount for your dates.

Are you following the links exactly like I explained above?

3DisneyNUTS said:
I have no idea but I am getting the cheaper rate... the chevy equinox is coming up as $136 before the $25 discount for your dates.

Are you following the links exactly like I explained above?

A ha! I know what the problem is - I'm getting a higher rate because I'm quoting it for the Disney Car Care Center, not MCO. Well that's a bummer. :guilty:

Thats what was happening to me to we are there may 1 to the 11 and I wanted a car from the 3rd to the 9th pick up and drop off at the car care center and it cost alot more! So hubby said just get it at the airport for the whole 11 days and we won't us the ME because airport pick up is much cheaper, wonder why that is, very wierd!

ohhhhhhhhhhh!!! Yeah I was pricing from MCO . We are not doing ME either. We had no problem with ME in Sept but my inlaws had a nightmare (they went home a few days early) The bus was late then it broke down. A Total nightmare!

Jennifer Frommer said:
willise,

try the walmart code of: 430710, Rate code: "by" and coupon code: "D24C"... the 430710 code is getting me the the same rate as the cosco rate and you don't have to worry baout being a member or not.

I just rebooked my minivan again today for May (8days) @ $173.

My advice, always keep checking. Mine hadn't dropped in awhile but it did again today. You never know!! It still may be a little soon for the better rates in Oct. but book now and re-book as you need.

(PS - I've had no better luck with the pre-pay codes but I know some people who have.)

What is the "D24C" coupon? Do I actually have to have a paper coupon to use this?

Will they accept the $25 D24C coupon even though you are using a different contract ID than is printed on the coupon?

And yes, for coupons you do need to present a printout of the coupon when you pick up the car.

I was told that as long as the "system" accepts your coupon code when you make your reservation that there is no problem. The "system" is supposed to weed out false codes, expiring codes, bad combinations, etc. so it should be no problem to use the coupon with the walmart code.

My sister-in-law used the same codes and the coupon and just checked in yesterday with no problems to report.

I was told that as long as the "system" accepts your coupon code when you make your reservation that there is no problem. The "system" is supposed to weed out false codes, expiring codes, bad combinations, etc. so it should be no problem to use the coupon with the walmart code.

That's intersting, because I have read that people have been denied using coupons at the counter when they have mix and matched. I have 2 reservations right now - one through the Costco link (not a member) and one with the Wal-Mart code and $25 off Entertainment coupon. The rates on both are the same. I would feel more comfortable using the Wal-Mart/Entertainment reservation, but don't want to have problems with my coupon.

That D24C coupon is the Entertainment coupon. If you use it, your reservation will say that it's the Entertainement.com 2006 web offer.

I have a ressie with the Costco link, and I am not a member either (but I am thinking of joining). Since it doesn't say anywhere on the Costco page or the confirmation screen that you need to show your Costco card, does Alamo really think people bring their Costco card on vacation? I always clean out my wallet before vacation and would most likely not bring my Costco card.

The small print does say "Coupon must be printed out and presented at time of reservation." But that's it.

Just subscribing as I have a coscto card, bj's card, and shop at walmart. So i will be trying to get the best deal.
Thanks for the info :)

I keep trying all different codes and can't find anything cheaper for my trail blazer. I think the base price of the trail blazer went up. Did anyone else notice this?

mochabean said:
I have a ressie with the Costco link, and I am not a member either (but I am thinking of joining). Since it doesn't say anywhere on the Costco page or the confirmation screen that you need to show your Costco card, does Alamo really think people bring their Costco card on vacation? I always clean out my wallet before vacation and would most likely not bring my Costco card.

The small print does say "Coupon must be printed out and presented at time of reservation." But that's it.
I'm here in Orlando right now with a van rented with the Costco discount. We are members and I have my card with me, just in case. They did not ask to see it when we picked up the van (incredibly easy, BTW).

luvdisney14 said:
I keep trying all different codes and can't find anything cheaper for my trail blazer. I think the base price of the trail blazer went up. Did anyone else notice this?
Yes-I booked a few days ago and my BASE price of a TrailBlazer for one week in July is $173.41. Hopefully it will go LOWER again! Joan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter