*Exchangers-Come and join us for the QOTD & Chat w/us* Part 2-Our New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommytotwo

DIS Veteran
Welcome to our new thread. Thank you Heidi for letting me know that we had reached our max on the other thread. Wow, can you imagine how much we had all chatted, shared, and had gotten to know each other from the other thread, and from all of the exchanges.

Today's QOTD is-

What is your most favorite or memorable DIS exchange moment? It could be a type of gift that you had received-maybe something that was very useful, something you still use till today, a reaction that someone had regarding something you sent to them, something about a particular exchanger......

I like our pretty new thread!

I always remember the first exchange I did--it was a flip-flop exchange. And I was lucky--Nancy (Meriweather) had me. She filled a box with all sorts of great stuff--pretty flip flops, a fancier pair, and even a lime green pair! And the extras--wow. I couldn't believe how generous she was. (little did I know...) Luckily, I had her DD, and I think I was almost as generous as Nancy was to me.

And now I spend more time here then any other part of the Dis....you guys have become good internet friends!

My most memorable exchange moment was on the pin exchange. When we went to WDW for Christmas/New Year 2005/6 I almost bought the Christmas pin for the Beach Club where we were staying. But I hadn't started pin trading at the time (actually my friends bought me my 1st lanyard and pin as my Christmas present on that trip!) so I didn't buy it. Having got into pin trading a year later I was kicking myself for not buying it at the time. So I put in on my wants list (not actually thinking I would ever get it), but I recieved it a few years later!! I was over the moon!

I did learn from that though and now if I see a pin I like, I buy it straight away!!

A reaction from a reciver... she decided she loved me because I sent a lime green t-shirt from the Disney store. :cutie:

Also twice Johhnie (pooh girl 71) got me in exchanges and she quite spoiles me.

Then there was all the great CM stuff from Barbara (Luv2Roam)

I've done tons of exchanges, too many to count over the years. And yes, Nancy's packages are fun to receive! She did spoil me once and gave me two t-shirts in a t-shirt exchange. I still have them and wear them often.

I remember exchange where I received the exact same yellow Carribean Beach Resort mug that had been stolen at work a couple of years before.

And another time during a t-shirt exchange, someone received a Disney t-shirt and I said that I really liked that shirt and wanted one like it. Well, guess what I received in the mail?

I started with the ornament exchange, fall 2007 and fell in love with exchanging, I really enjoy putting these exchanges together for the person I am given.

One of my favorite experience was meeting Nancy last January while touring hollywood studios. We had lunch together.

Ahhh....you guys are so sweet :hug:

My favorite is making so many friends. I enjoy getting to know you all and am so glad I have had a chance to meet some of you.

And Barbara has been so nice to drive to around to shop :rotfl: Thanks, Barbara, I appreciate it.

I think that may have come frome me, as I did send one in an exchange once. :)

I remember exchange where I received the exact same yellow Carribean Beach Resort mug that had been stolen at work a couple of years before.

Thinking back to your childhood, what was the earliest memory you remember of, and what age were you?

It actually happend a couple of years ago in a dream, I was 2 and in an oxygen tent in the hospital. Turns out that it was true because I had a very bad asthma attack that put me there.

My earliest memory is taking a bath in our neighbor's kitchen sink when I was twoish. I don't know the reason for it, maybe it was when my sister was born and they were taking care of me.

I remember when I was about 3 and in play group. We were doing an art activity and we had to blow down straws into a bowl of paint and washing up liquid to make bubbles which we printed. Yeah, I didn't blow down the straw, I sucked!!

Do you have homemade/handmade ornaments on your Christmas tree? Maybe ones that your kids, grandkids, nieces, or nephews made. Maybe something that you made yourself? If so, tell us about them. :santa:

We have 3 and they are John's. 1 he got from a teacher, and 2 he made.

We don't have a tree up, but we do have quite a few home made ornaments.
Some the kids made at home, some at school and some other people made us.

I have 4 trees at home and none of them have home made decorations on!
My Christmas tree in my classroom has handmade decorations on thought that we have either made in class or the children have made at home and brought them in to hang on.

Thinking back to your childhood, what was the earliest memory you remember of, and what age were you?

While I was about 2/3 years old we spend lots of time with our neighbor, she was wonderful we did lots of fun things together, she was like a grandparent to us and her home was like our second home.

Do you have homemade/handmade ornaments on your Christmas tree? Maybe ones that your kids, grandkids, nieces, or nephews made. Maybe something that you made yourself? If so, tell us about them. :santa:

I decorate with both, handmade and store brought ornaments. My guys were all in Cub/Boys scouts growing up and they made ornaments, they would make ornaments at school, plus I used to do ceramics and made several ornaments (I do pick and choose which ceramic ornaments I put on our tree).

I do have handmade ornaments that the kids have made and some that were made by others but they are stored away. Our tree is small and only holds small ornaments. But I did hang up our Christmas goose that James gave me one year in grade school. It's plastic and sort of like a sun catcher. And I have a wooden Christmas tree that's hangs on a door knob that Carol made me one year hanging up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter