Exchangers-Come here and chat with us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like my fried chicken though I don't cook it anymore.

I have a Chicken Cornbread casserole that I make.

Chicken Paks

If anyone is interested in a certain one, I'll be glad to post the recipe.

Those sound so good!! Yummy!:worship: I have been changing my eating habits lately and I have been eating alot more chicken. So, I need some more recipes. (Well, you know, the "George Forman" technique only goes so far.:lmao: ) Are they easy? I am not the best cook..but always trying.

I love chicken in any form really...grilled, fried, soup, pasta, etc. My mom was the best chicken cooker. I wish I could tell you her recipes, but she did not have any. She just made dinner and it was always good!:love: My favorite when she made it was her Chicken Noodle Soup. She used the super wide egg noodles. Oh I miss her....

Chicken Cornbread Casserole

Chicken, cooked and cubed (2 breasts, 3 thighs, one package of tenders or however much you want)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg. cornbread mix
1 cup milk

Cook chicken, cut into bite sized pieces. Place in 8 X 8 or comparable size casserole dish. Combine cream of chicken soup and milk in saucepan. Heat until bubbly. Pour mixture over chicken. Prepare cornbread. Add one tablespoon sugar if not already sweet. Pour over chicken. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes until browned.

This recipe is very simple, my favorite kind! The original recipe calls for a package of Jiffy cornbread but I prefer having cornbread not so sweet.

Chicken Paks

Chicken breasts
Mushrooms (I've only used canned)
1/4 can mushroom soup
Carrots
Zuchinni
Salt
Pepper

Using one large piece of foil, place chicken breast on top. Salt and pepper chicken. Add mushrooms, carrots and zuchinni, as much as you want. Place mushroom soup on top. Wrap ingredients with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. This serves one person.

You can make as many chicken packs as you want. Its a full meal in one. No muss, no fuss. Easy clean up. I'm going to try yellow squash with it instead of zuchinni this week.

My mom was the best chicken cooker. I wish I could tell you her recipes, but she did not have any.
That is the way my fried chicken is. I just remove the skin and dip the chicken in flour. I melt a stick of Parkay in my electric skillet, put the chicken in and sprinkle it with onion salt. I turn once after 20 minutes, sprinkle again with the onion salt and cook for another 20 minutes. This is chicken with the bone in. Anyway, it all turns out good, at least my family likes it.

Here's an easy one I got from Racheal Ray. Picky eater DSs love it.

Teriyaki Chicken

I take boneless breasts, and pound them so they're kind of thin. In a ziplock bag I pour Kikkoman Teriyaki marinade to cover, a few tablespoons of oil and a tablespoon of Grill Mates seasoning. I let it marinate in the fridge for a few hours then grill it.

I have a chicken and rice burrito recipe that's pretty good, too, if anyone wants it.

I'm going to try the cornbread casserole--sounds yummy. Thanks Kirby!

As for fundraisers....I hate the junk ones. We did a "Race For Education" for the past 2 years. The parents supply names and addresses of potential sponsors, then we send out mailers from the kids (they helped write it out and signed it the first year) asking for sponsors as they walk/run for an hour. I loved it since my family isn't around to buy from the kids. No door to door.

What are your eatting habits?

Do you eat as a family everyday by sitting down together for meals? Do you plate all the food, and then serve it to your family? Do you eat out alot?

Do you eat as a family everyday by sitting down together for meals? Do you plate all the food, and then serve it to your family? Do you eat out alot?
Yes, yes and yes. LOL Our eating habits are all over the place depending on lots of things. Homework, evening plans, DH's work schedule, how tired I am, etc.

Some nights it's all of us home, and I'll make a nice sit down dinner. Other times it's just me and the kids, and I'll call for pizza or tell them to fix a bowl of cereal.

Our favorite thing to do is a nice family breakfast on Sunday. Our kids are so picky, but breakfast foods are the one thing the family can agree on.

When Joe and I were a young couple, we usually sat in front of the tv and ate if it was the two of us. Once the kids were born, we ate dinner at the table. I let the kids eat lunch if they wanted in front of the tv but dinner was always at the table. Now, since James is in college and Carol usually doesn't eat with us, we're back to dinner on the couch in front of the tv.

thanks Kirby for the yummy chicken recipes...now my DH will have some new things to eat!:laughing:

to answer this question...

I and DH (no kids yet) try to eat ate home... key word try...:lmao: We so go out and have a nice dinner when we can. popcorn::

thanks Kirby for the yummy chicken recipes...now my DH will have some new things to eat!:laughing:

to answer this question...

I and DH (no kids yet) try to eat ate home... key word try...:lmao: We so go out and have a nice dinner when we can. popcorn::

Just noticed this thread and wanted to say Hi to all and sorta introduce myself... I am 35 and my DW is 26, we have 4 DD 18, 16, 14, & 2! I just recently signed up for a few exchanges and sent the first 2 out in the last few days! It has been fun shopping and I hope that I get the point of the whole thing and send along Tiggerrrrrriffffic surprises that are liked!! All of my activity has struck a note of interest of others in the house and they are thinking this seems pretty cool, and may want to join in on the fun sometime soon!

If you were to dine at a Chinese restaurant with your family, what would you order?

Chinese is a favorite in our home, in fact, we just ate out for Chinese last night for the DD's 2nd Birthday Celebration!

A couple of things that are always top on our list are... Crab Rangoon, Sushi, Pepper Chicken, Dim Sum, and we love places that have the Mongolian BBQ!

Yes, please!

I haven't forgotten...just haven't had time! DS7 is home again today and I just made another Dr appt. Wish he'd get over whatever this is already! At least he isn't miserable. I will get that recipe out and post it this afternoon.

Dining as a family. We do sit down together as much as possible. DH travels WAY too much, so when it's just me and the boys we tend to eat early, and have more kid friendly meals. Lot's of times we need to run at 5:30 for sports, so only a few days have "real" meals. We order out once a week or so.

Chinese food...the kids love sweet and sour chicken, egg rolls. DH always orders wonton soup...I opt for hot and sour soup. DH and I have a few favs like General Tso's chicken, usually something spicy.

And, Welcome! TiggerDad3!

Just noticed this thread and wanted to say Hi to all and sorta introduce myself... I am 35 and my DW is 26, we have 4 DD 18, 16, 14, & 2! I just recently signed up for a few exchanges and sent the first 2 out in the last few days! It has been fun shopping and I hope that I get the point of the whole thing and send along Tiggerrrrrriffffic surprises that are liked!! All of my activity has struck a note of interest of others in the house and they are thinking this seems pretty cool, and may want to join in on the fun sometime soon!

Chinese is a favorite in our home, in fact, we just ate out for Chinese last night for the DD's 2nd Birthday Celebration!

A couple of things that are always top on our list are... Crab Rangoon, Sushi, Pepper Chicken, Dim Sum, and we love places that have the Mongolian BBQ!

Welcome to this thread, and to the exchanges :).

My favorite Chinese dish is spicy Mongolian beef, I also like pineapple shrimp, salt and pepper pork chops, manapua, salt and pepper shrimp, chow mein....

When we order chinese I always have Crispy duck pancakes, satay chicken with egg fried rice or chicken with cashew nuts.

Just noticed this thread and wanted to say Hi to all and sorta introduce myself...
Welcome!

If you were to dine at a Chinese restaurant with your family, what would you order?
I love to eat Chinese food. My favorite thing to order is Chicken and Broccoli with fried rice, an eggroll and won ton soup. I've tried other things but I always end up going back to that. I don't get to eat Chinese food very often, mostly when I meet my friend, Karen, for lunch. Joe only like to eat at Chinese buffets because he doesn't really know what to order at a regular restaurant so we don't go very often. I don't like to eat at a buffet because then I overeat from all the selections and don't feel good.

Hmmm, fried rice, egg rolls, orange chicken, broccoli beef, almond chicken, etc. Actually we really like Chinese food so I could go on and on. LOL

Is anyone doing anything for Earth Day today?
No. I'm embarrassed to say I didn't even realize it was Earth Day. :blush:

Just noticed this thread and wanted to say Hi to all and sorta introduce myself... I am 35 and my DW is 26, we have 4 DD 18, 16, 14, & 2! All of my activity has struck a note of interest of others in the house and they are thinking this seems pretty cool, and may want to join in on the fun sometime soon!
Hi and welcome!! I hope your family decides to join in the exchanges at some point. They are a lot of fun. Addicting though. :rolleyes1

What is your favorite chicken dishes? Feel free to share any recipes.
We love all chicken. Thank so much for all who have shared their recipes. :flower3:

What are your eatting habits?
We almost always eat as a family. Sometimes DH has to work late and then we don't. Mostly plated up and then served. We don't eat out as much as we did before children.

Sweet & Sour Chicken, Shrimp Lo Mein, egg rolls, won ton soup

Is anyone doing anything for Earth Day today?
Got some great little flier/poster things from the department of energy that have Horton on them. They talk about ways to save energy. We passed them out to the Kindergarden class. They went to see Horton Hears A Who [a What? No a Who] last week. So it was timely.

What do you think of organic foods? Do you eat it, do you like it, do you buy it, or just stay away from it altogether?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter