• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedition Everest vs. other rides

tamaravane

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! So I am very happy to say that during this trip, I was able to conquer my fear of space mountain and expedition everest which I wouldn't even get close to before. Surprisingly, I found them tame and not a bit scary, just extremely fun. On my next trip, I want to continue to conquer my fears and ride some other coasters so I wanted to know how these coasters compare to everest:
-rockn roller coaster
-revenge of the mummy
-hollywood rip ride rockit

IMO
Revenge of the Mummy is tame
Rock n Roller coaster is more intense than EE, but fun and fast!
Rip Ride Rocket is insane.......never again!

I find Rock n Roller Coaster to be similar to Everest, but different. It goes upside down a couple times, but is over quick. It doesn't have the "scary" Yeti factor that Everest does. But it has that quick start which is a bit crazy. I think if you handled Everest and found it tame, you will do just fine with RnRC :)

I have not been on the other ones so no comment there!

i would call RnR and Everest basically the same level. RnR being all dark and minimal light track with loops kind of disorients you so you don't really get that scare factor of a loop (most don't even notice it until you tell them and then they ride it a couple more times telling you that your lying). Everest is a little higher G force, especially the backwards section and the drop being outside you do get that little scare factor because you can see it but it doesn't loop.. Everest I also find to be better when it's dark out, partially because the drop is more of a surprise because you can't really see where the exit of the mountain is until your seeing all the lights across property.

I can't comment on the rest, I've not been on them.

IMO
Revenge of the Mummy is tame
Rock n Roller coaster is more intense than EE, but fun and fast!
Rip Ride Rocket is insane.......never again!
I haven't ridden Revenge of the Mummy, but agree with the rest of this. Rock n Rollercoaster to me is a little more intense with the launch and inversions, though it is very short. If I wasn't so short I would really like it. Unfortunately I'm so short my head bangs against the restraint which hurts so I usually ride it no more than once a trip. But in general, if you can handle Everest you should be ok with this.

Rip Ride Rocket I rode a few years ago and never again! Hated almost every minute of it. I'm ok with other intense coasters (Hulk, Dragon Challenge, most at Busch Gardens), but Rip Ride Rocket was not fun at all for me.

The first 15 seconds of Rip Ride Rocket (aka, the straight-up part) is intense, but the rest of the roller coaster is tame compared to it. That said, RRR is easily my favorite roller coaster in Orlando - and it's EVEN better at night!

Mummy is "meh". Everest is the best roller coaster at Disney, with RnRC a close second - the launch of RnRC is intense and awesome, but the rest of the ride is so smooth, you won't even be bothered by the flips ... especially since you can't see them coming!

Hello everyone! So I am very happy to say that during this trip, I was able to conquer my fear of space mountain and expedition everest which I wouldn't even get close to before. Surprisingly, I found them tame and not a bit scary, just extremely fun. On my next trip, I want to continue to conquer my fears and ride some other coasters so I wanted to know how these coasters compare to everest:
-rockn roller coaster
-revenge of the mummy
-hollywood rip ride rockit

Mt Everest is my 5 year old daughters favorite ride in all of Disney. That and TOT.

RnRC and The Mummy both have moments of sudden acceleration, and the latter at least one or two sudden, curvy drops. That sets them apart from what you've had with ExE. But the latter has that weird sensation during the backwards part when you feel like you're going nearly vertical - and maybe you are.

I can't speak to RRR - I'm thinking maybe I'll give it a shot when we next visit Universal. (One thing it has is the option to choose your onboard music - a few Google searches ought to reveal some of the "hidden" selections available to you.)

Expedition Everest is literally my favorite Disney ride. It is so awesome especially now that you can have the chance to ride it at night. That is the best! In comparison to RnRC. If you can handle loops and a sudden launch, you should be fine. For years I was afraid of loops, but now I really enjoy going on RnRC.

My DW had never ridden RnR before our last trip. She loves Space Mt, Everest, etc.. but was freaked out about RnR. After some coaxing/coaching she decided to ride it.

That being said she is now addicted. We rode it 4 more times that trip and she is excited to ride it again on our next trip (6 days from now :) ).

I can't comment on the other rides as we have never ridden them. :)

Rip Ride Rocket is the only one in the group that I have to take a a couple minutes to get up my nerve. It's just that first part where you go straight up that makes me a little weak in the knees.

I think Everest is scarier than RnRC. I'm pretty sure (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that there are no big drops in RnRC, while Everest has the very obvious large drop just after the backwards portion. Big drops totally freak me out. RnRC is a very smooth, fun, awesome ride.

I haven't ridden the other 2 rides you're asking about.

I love Everest, and dislike Rockn roller coaster. R&R throws you around a bit more, and seems very bumpy.

Only thing EE has going for it is the unbelievable theming of the queue and ride. Other than that it really isn't anything spectacular IMO

Thank you everyone for the replies! So based on your opinions I think I will definitelt try out the mummy and RNRC. I'm not too sure about rip ride rockit though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter