Experience with Supplies Delivered to Port Canaveral?

MrsZippy

Earning My Ears
We taking our second Disney cruise in April, out of Port Canaveral and I'm thinking about having some supplies delivered to the port. Our first one was out of NYC, and we didn't have to fly. My daughter is 100% tube fed and it would be so much easier to have her Pediasure delivered, rather than packing it and taking it on the plane with us. Getting through the airport and going through security with a case of Pediasure is a nightmare!

Anyone have experience good/bad with having medical supplies delivered? Recommendations on companies that would do that? I was also considering renting a manual wheelchair, since she has an ECV, but many of the excursions say that they aren't allowed and they need a manual. Would they deliver that to the port, as well?

DCL does accept shipped packages; I suggest calling to find out specifics. I think there is a size requirement (maybe 12” x 12”?). Another option is to have the supplies delivered to your pre-cruise hotel.

Brevard Medical and Walker Mobility both offer rentals that can be delivered to the ship. You will need an HA stateroom or have to park the ECV in another location. I believe the issue with ECVs on port adventures is transportation; most ports do not have good accessible transportation unless the person is able to transfer and fold a manual wheelchair. Also be aware that some port stops and/or tourist locations may have limited accessibility. I don’t mean to deter you, just research well so you know what to expect.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for the recommendations! It's only a 3 night cruise with stops in Nassau and Castaway Cay, so I'm not that worried about a lot of port stops. We don't have an accessible room, but the scooter breaks down into 4 small parts that will fit under the bed in the cabin, so we should be good, on that end :-) Now I'm thinking it wouldn't be worth it to rent the manual wc, just for Nassau. I don't think there is much we would want to do there, anyway. But having the Pediasure shipped would be a huge help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter