Experienced So. Ca. drivers: I need your opinions!

JoyG

DIS Veteran
Can you give me the real drive time between these locations? I've done Mapquest on them already, but sometimes mapquest misses the boat in terms of traffic patterns etc...

San Diego (shelter island section) to Disneyland on a Sunday morning. Leaving San Diego around 6:30am. Drive time?

Disneyland to Saddleback Church (located in Lake Grove/Forest Grove?) on a Sunday Eve.

Saddleback Church to San Diego on a Sunday Eve.

I'm trying to get an estimate on how long I'll be in the car and if it's possible to visit Saddleback while I'm there.

Thanks
Joy

I can only really help you with the San Diego (Shelter Island) to DL part...Straight shot up the I5...Traffic should be light on a Sunday...My estimation is that it will take you in the neighborhood of 2 hours to get there.

Hi!
Saddleback Church is in Lake Forest, about a mile from my house. It's only a 25 min. drive from DL but you want to give yourself plenty of time to get there, park and shuttle to the church. The property is so big, it's like going to DL as far as parking is concerned. LOL!!

Have fun!!
Lisa

It's only 1 hour 45 minutes from Coronado, probably 1 1/2 hours from the other side of the Coronado bridge to drive from San Diego to Disneyland, which I've actually done once, but I agree to give it 2 hours. That's the usual time it takes. I used to commute but would leave at 4:00, drop of 2 kids at various schools in Huntington Beach and get to work in Orange by 8:00. If there's an accident (watch the news and listen to the radio for reports) you'll want to give it 3 hours.

Thank you!! That's exactly what I'm talking about! Mapquest had it down as an hour and a half!!! Ill have to leave earlier! I want to be there before rope drop!

JoyG : Where in Buffalo are you? We love DL and used to live in LA but are now located in Youngstown..

HAve a safe trip. Say Hi to Mickey for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter