EXPIRED - Direct Sales Incentives - Summer 2020 - Expanded list!

I'm finally IN. Years of hemming and hawing and hundreds of rented points later, I'm now direct. 200 at Riviera in two 100 point contracts. First, I celebrate! Second, I mourn our bank account!

I think I calculated paying $510 on 2020 MFs, so on December 1 I'll have 400 points to play on only $510 in MFs. Add in the acquisition costs (about $1280) and I'm still under $2k for points that would cost from $4000 to $7200 to rent. I'm happy I didn't rent and put off buying for another year.

So one thing I learned is that a credit pull is required when requesting a different use year. I was told if I kept same UY there would not be a credit check. We are paying cash so it's not a finance issue.
We just added Riviera yesterday with a different UY. My guide didn't mention credit check. He did say that he would have to get a different UY approved. We paid with cash.
It was fun reserving & playing around RIV with 400 points. :-)

I hear you on this! We have two sons and did debate two FW studios for Week 47 (especially as it’s only 118 for the fixed week, as the year CCV opened Thanksgiving fell on the rare Week 46 so the FW was priced low), but decided instead to do back-to-back weeks 47 and 48 since we love Disney decorated for Christmas so much, and when the kids are grown we can do two weeks there. It does mean the kids will have to decide who gets Thanksgiving week when we pass it down, though!

So we ended up initiating a contract for 2 FW (both week 47) at CCV right before we had a trip down to Disney World. We had a split stay over 7 days, 2 of which were at CCV. All I can say about the resort is WOW!! We fell in love with it, and even toured a cabin as well as a 2 bedroom lock-off. So, after now being home for about 1 week we decided to go ahead and sign the contracts and submit payment...now just have 10 days to second guess the decision lol.

So we ended up initiating a contract for 2 FW (both week 47) at CCV right before we had a trip down to Disney World. We had a split stay over 7 days, 2 of which were at CCV. All I can say about the resort is WOW!! We fell in love with it, and even toured a cabin as well as a 2 bedroom lock-off. So, after now being home for about 1 week we decided to go ahead and sign the contracts and submit payment...now just have 10 days to second guess the decision lol.
Congrats and Welcome Home! The Wilderness Lodge is beautiful and our first love of the Disney resorts. If you’ve never stayed at AKV, I highly recommend it. The same architect designed WL, AKL, and GCV.

I’ve only seen videos of the cabins, but if it remains safe to travel we have 4 nights in one right before Christmas, as part of a split stay. So excited!

Congrats and Welcome Home! The Wilderness Lodge is beautiful and our first love of the Disney resorts. If you’ve never stayed at AKV, I highly recommend it. The same architect designed WL, AKL, and GCV.

I’ve only seen videos of the cabins, but if it remains safe to travel we have 4 nights in one right before Christmas, as part of a split stay. So excited!

The cabins are really nice...one can hope one day to stay a night or two. Our split stay was 3 nights at AKL (Jambo), 2 at CCV, and 2 at Beach Club. I loved them all, but WL won my heart. We also own at Poly but haven't stayed yet...we love that resort too.

The cabins are really nice...one can hope one day to stay a night or two. Our split stay was 3 nights at AKL (Jambo), 2 at CCV, and 2 at Beach Club. I loved them all, but WL won my heart. We also own at Poly but haven't stayed yet...we love that resort too.
Oh, that’s a nice trip! We don’t own at Poly, but it is the next were considering if we do add on another home resort, as we also love it’s theming. Our split stay in December includes 2 nights in a Poly Lake View Studio to see if we like it enough - especially with all 4 of us in there - to want to add on direct. Admittedly, though, our oldest is off to college in 2 years and our youngest in 5, so there’s not a lot of years left of “just the 4 of us” (though we do hope the boys come with us now and again even once “grown up.”)

We just signed our contract for 230 points at Riviera yesterday. It's crazy to think that we are buying Riviera at $5 less per point than what we paid for Grand Floridian in 2014. We stayed there in the spring, before the shutdown, and loved the resort, location, and skyliner. We will be there on rented points in about 3 weeks and it will feel great to know we actually own there now!

We just signed our contract for 230 points at Riviera yesterday. It's crazy to think that we are buying Riviera at $5 less per point than what we paid for Grand Floridian in 2014. We stayed there in the spring, before the shutdown, and loved the resort, location, and skyliner. We will be there on rented points in about 3 weeks and it will feel great to know we actually own there now!
Was VGF also direct?

Keeping thinking there will be information on the new benefits that have been rumored but I know thats unlikely. I have a feeling they hold that back until after the minimum point requirement goes to 125 and then unveil it all 14 days later after all the pricing holds for "tours" have expired.

So the "discount" for existing members was much better back in June I guess? Right now, I have to get up to 300 points at Riviera to get a $30pp discount, otherwise, it's $25pp discount.

I'm very tempted to add on to my existing 180 points (AKV) with around 220 at Riviera after we stayed recently. We really loved it and would love to have a 1 bedroom for part of our annual stay be at Riviera.

So the "discount" for existing members was much better back in June I guess? Right now, I have to get up to 300 points at Riviera to get a $30pp discount, otherwise, it's $25pp discount.

I'm very tempted to add on to my existing 180 points (AKV) with around 220 at Riviera after we stayed recently. We really loved it and would love to have a 1 bedroom for part of our annual stay be at Riviera.

Make sure you're looking at the add-on prices and not new member prices. Adding on, 200 points takes off $35/point and 300 points takes off $40/point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter