Expiring Disney Visa Rewards Points?

HLAuburn

DIS Veteran
We have a Disney Visa and I transfered our points to a rewards card to use on our last trip. Somehow we managed to come home with a small balance, but the card expires in December.

Does anyone know what my options are for not losing the points? Can you transfer points from one card to another? Or can you transfer them off a rewards card back to your balance?

Thanks!

I think you lost/lose any remianing balance when you card expires.

Thanks. I just corrected my original post since I typed it wrong. The card is actually going to expire in December - it hasn't already expired.

I might call and see if there's some way to transfer the points.

If not, can I use the card at a Disney Store? I'd rather let the kids pick something out rather than let them go to waste.

Yes...they will work at the Disney Store. You can also buy a gift card from the disney store online if you don't have a store that is close by or you don't find anything that you want to spend it on right now. Gift cards don't expire.

I just received a rewards redemption card, and it is accepted at:
Disney Store and DisneyStore.com
WDW and DL resorts
Disney Cruise Line
Adventures by Disney
DisneyPhotoPass.com

You can also buy a gift card from the disney store online if you don't have a store that is close by or you don't find anything that you want to spend it on right now. Gift cards don't expire.
Now that's smart! Then you can save it for your next trip! :thumbsup2

they will not transfer them to a new card....use them at your local Disney store. We had to do the same thing, found some Halloween accessories and a birthday gift. I make sure to get a NEW card instead of putting them on the same old card in the future when I make points withdrawals

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter