Extended evening hours - how do they know who is deluxe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did extra hours at EPCOT last Monday and they scanned our bands as we entered the Land building but not when we entered the line for Soarin. When my DH and DD went on Nemo they scanned their bands when they got in line.

How does that work for people staying at Swan/Dolphin? Do we show our room cards or something? This is our first time staying "off-site."

We stayed and had no problem. We had plastic tickets which were linked to our MDE acct (Swan listed as hotel). IF you get magic bands it should be fine if everything is linked to your MDE acct.

Its Disney's way of making sure the "poor" people leave the park for the wealthy lol.
This is the way I feel. What is the point of them doing this? We have been enjoying EMH, especially at Epcot, for years and years and now it's just for the "elite"? I am not insulting anyone, that is not my point. For those who can do deluxe, enjoy! If I could, I'd love Animal Kingdom, it's on my bucket list someday. But I have to save and make payments on my trips and for TPTB to throw this …well, insult at people like me makes for some very bad feelings.

Hello,
at 11pm, do they kick people out who aren't deluxe? How do they know other than the rides? I know we wouldn't be able to ride rides, but is it possible to stay a little after 11pm and just take pics outside the castle or do a little shopping? Are the stores open during those extended hours? or do they stop and scan everyone's magic band?
You can stay at the castle and Main Street, you just can't enter any of the lands. They have it down. All of the shops and food are closed at 11 so there is not much to do but watch people go on rides. Also after the first hour, you wont find any busses going to value and moderate resorts. You will have to uber.

This is the way I feel. What is the point of them doing this? We have been enjoying EMH, especially at Epcot, for years and years and now it's just for the "elite"? I am not insulting anyone, that is not my point. For those who can do deluxe, enjoy! If I could, I'd love Animal Kingdom, it's on my bucket list someday. But I have to save and make payments on my trips and for TPTB to throw this …well, insult at people like me makes for some very bad feelings.
Sadly, it is insulting ...

But this argument can be made so many different ways. What about people who can’t afford to stay onsite, who paid for park admission, who had to leave while all on site guests received extra hours?

This new “perk” is just four extra hours of time in a week. I believe it’s probably a way for Disney to sell deluxe as having multiple benefits. But in the grand scheme of things, it’s a tiny fraction of extra time.

But this argument can be made so many different ways. What about people who can’t afford to stay onsite, who paid for park admission, who had to leave while all on site guests received extra hours?

This new “perk” is just four extra hours of time in a week. I believe it’s probably a way for Disney to sell deluxe as having multiple benefits. But in the grand scheme of things, it’s a tiny fraction of extra time.
Completely agree with this. People have always complained that off site guests don’t get the same “perks.” Disney is in the business of encouraging people to a) stay on property and b) stay on the most expensive place you can afford on property. Why wouldn’t they create incentives to meet those goals?

It’s ludicrous to think that Disney wants to get the “poor people” out of the parks. For goodness sakes! I think people are getting a little too wound up over 4 hours of extra time to go on rides. Doesn’t even seem like you need to leave the park.

What? You mean paying over 115 dollars a day doesn’t allow you to enjoy full capacity of the park.. you vile surf.

This is an offensive program. Imagine if groceries, Target, and restaurants did this by the zip code you lived in. Boojie neighborhoods getting prime shopping hours to get the best produce, you know because they spend more money, and therefore should get the most benefit right? I’m old enough to remember a time in this country where we separated people by economic status in schools and restaurants… just sayin’ I’m very sure Walt would not be down with this.

This from someone who lives in a Boojie neighborhood and could afford to stay at a deluxe resort, but find paying 500 bucks a night for a Hampton Inn room is absurd. We have paid over 500 a night for a room, it also had a view of The Eiffel Tower and they cleaned the room daily 🙄
Wow, you must be absolutely appalled by the Unlimited Express Pass perk Universal gives to guests at its top tier resorts. Oh, the inequity, just skipping right past all the non "boojie" people waiting in the standby line. It never even occurred to me people would be offended by something like this. You pay more you get more, especially when it comes to frivolous luxury items like theme park visits.

Wow, you must be absolutely appalled by the Unlimited Express Pass perk Universal gives to guests at its top tier resorts. Oh, the inequity, just skipping right past all the non "boojie" people waiting in the standby line. It never even occurred to me people would be offended by something like this. You pay more you get more, especially when it comes to frivolous luxury items like theme park visits.
Nope, not appalled in any way whatsoever. Those people are actually purchasing an additional function that allows them SHARE the park with someone else (ie driving a faster car on the same shares highway). This is “whataboutism” on your part.

This is absolutely classism, I also ask you to take a quick melanin check of the people who are left in these parks for after hours, it will verify my point. This is class and at some level racial segregation because you can afford a higher ROOM cost. Your room isn’t associated with the TICKET someone else’s paid. It rewards people for the money they have BEFORE they get to the park. Do the serfs get a discount for the ticket they paid for? Wouldn’t complain at all if they actually paid for a separate ticket cost. Since deluxe rooms are 300-500 dollars a night more than a standard room, would those guest pay 350 an extra 2 hours? I doubt it. Rewarding people who are already rewarded.

This and express pass are nowhere near the same.

Hello,
at 11pm, do they kick people out who aren't deluxe? How do they know other than the rides? I know we wouldn't be able to ride rides, but is it possible to stay a little after 11pm and just take pics outside the castle or do a little shopping? Are the stores open during those extended hours? or do they stop and scan everyone's magic band?
Please return thread discussion to the opening question. (Posted above).

Off topic posts moving forward will be deleted.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I’m really confused by the argument that extra hours only for deluxe guests is somehow unfair.

Every single thing in life works like this: when you go to a ballgame, the people with better seats and a private club got that because they paid more. First class on airplanes. Literally the neighborhood you live in.

Plus, Disney already had a thousand things that worked like this- VIP tours, 33, better viewing at shows. This is just one more thing.

It’s not good or bad- it’s just how life works.

I’m really confused by the argument that extra hours only for deluxe guests is somehow unfair.

Every single thing in life works like this: when you go to a ballgame, the people with better seats and a private club got that because they paid more. First class on airplanes. Literally the neighborhood you live in.

Plus, Disney already had a thousand things that worked like this- VIP tours, 33, better viewing at shows. This is just one more thing.

It’s not good or bad- it’s just how life works.
Your paying for better seat AT THE BALLGAME, your ticket cost is spectate than your room cost. That’s like saying because you can afford to stay at Trump Tower, you get access to the subway before all the other customers, not buying a subway fast pass.

This is rewarding people for their life status BEFORE ticket cost are computed. All the things you listed are separate cost, related to the PARK visit, not the hotel room. There is a clear delineation. The better hotel room is a reward unto itself (dining, theming, transportation).

Your paying for better seat AT THE BALLGAME, your ticket cost is spectate than your room cost. That’s like saying because you can afford to stay at Trump Tower, you get access to the subway before all the other customers, not buying a subway fast pass.

This is rewarding people for their life status BEFORE ticket cost are computed. All the things you listed are separate cost, related to the PARK visit, not the hotel room. There is a clear delineation. The better hotel room is a reward unto itself (dining, theming, transportation).
But then your argument should be that ALL guests should get access to extra magic hours, not guests who paid for a Disney hotel.

To whoever asked, if you link your Swan and Dolphin reservation to your Disney account you should be able to use your magic band to scan in for extra hours. I’ve done it many times, but keep your plastic room key as backup!

It's a privately owned theme park, not a public conveyance. They want to sell higher priced rooms where the bucks go right back to the Mouse. There's no restrictions as to who can save up the $ to stay at the eligible resorts. It's after regular operating hours. Most of the park is not open - they close everything except the eligible rides and a few snack kiosks. It's not "rewarding people for their life status" nor is it racial segregation.

Last edited:
Nope, not appalled in any way whatsoever. Those people are actually purchasing an additional function that allows them SHARE the park with someone else (ie driving a faster car on the same shares highway). This is “whataboutism” on your part.

This is absolutely classism, I also ask you to take a quick melanin check of the people who are left in these parks for after hours, it will verify my point. This is class and at some level racial segregation because you can afford a higher ROOM cost. Your room isn’t associated with the TICKET someone else’s paid. It rewards people for the money they have BEFORE they get to the park. Do the serfs get a discount for the ticket they paid for? Wouldn’t complain at all if they actually paid for a separate ticket cost. Since deluxe rooms are 300-500 dollars a night more than a standard room, would those guest pay 350 an extra 2 hours? I doubt it. Rewarding people who are already rewarded.

Ridiculous - your argument hinges on that idea that only "wealthy" people (presumably that didnt earn or save their money like everyone else) are somehow the only ones that have been granted some privileges (by divine intervention or birth position???). Seriously, some people save for vast amounts of time, sacrificing other things for the CHOICE (which is free to all by the way) to purchase an "extra" and give their families something special. Its offensive to someone like myself that has spent the last 30+ years paying my taxes, obeying the law, making the right choices, volunteering, giving back to my community, and working very hard for an option to spend my money in the way I choose.

What? You mean paying over 115 dollars a day doesn’t allow you to enjoy full capacity of the park.. you vile surf.

This is an offensive program. Imagine if groceries, Target, and restaurants did this by the zip code you lived in. Boojie neighborhoods getting prime shopping hours to get the best produce, you know because they spend more money, and therefore should get the most benefit right? I’m old enough to remember a time in this country where we separated people by economic status in schools and restaurants… just sayin’ I’m very sure Walt would not be down with this.

This from someone who lives in a Boojie neighborhood and could afford to stay at a deluxe resort, but find paying 500 bucks a night for a Hampton Inn room is absurd. We have paid over 500 a night for a room, it also had a view of The Eiffel Tower and they cleaned the room daily 🙄
I don’t think the discrimination and segregation was due to economic status.

what?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter