Extra Night - Hampton Inn vs Priceline Express

PlutoIsHerFav

Mouseketeer
We are looking to add an extra night to the start of our resort stay. We currently have the Hampton Inn LBV booked. However, looking at Priceline Express there is a room at what I believe will be either AS Movies or Music. I know it's not guaranteed but I'm almost positive it's one of those. We're already doing a split stay between CR and YC. Would it be a royal pain to add a third Disney hotel to our (now) 9 night stay? Starting our Disney trip a day early on property with theming is obviously a big plus. However, we just plan on going to Character Warehouse and Disney Springs on our arrival day. The next day we are going to MK with an 11-ish start. So, we'd drive over to CR. If we're at AS, will they move our luggage to CR from room to room or do we still have to lug it to bell services? We're trying to think through logistics. The Hampton Inn doesn't require a hike from our car to our room and to breakfast (also free). The Priceline deal will actually cost us a little less overall, but it's fairly nominal. The other downside to AS is that we're not likely to get a renovated room, but we are fine with taking that chance for one night. However, has anyone had any luck getting a renovated room when booking through Priceline?

Thoughts on our choice and which route we should choose?!

You’re already adding a third hotel to your stay. I don’t see how having that third hotel be a WDW resort would be more of a pain than Hampton Inn.

If you are on Disney property, you can either call for your luggage to be sent to your next resort or bring them to bell services yourself (quicker option, and not IMO a huge time waster...drop off for transfer is quick and one adult can grab the car while an adult and kids can take bags to BS, meet the car in front of the resort and leave).

Personally, I’d stay on site. I just love being in the bubble, and I don’t see how it would be any more difficult in the bubble for one night than out.

You’re already adding a third hotel to your stay. I don’t see how having that third hotel be a WDW resort would be more of a pain than Hampton Inn.

If you are on Disney property, you can either call for your luggage to be sent to your next resort or bring them to bell services yourself (quicker option, and not IMO a huge time waster...drop off for transfer is quick and one adult can grab the car while an adult and kids can take bags to BS, meet the car in front of the resort and leave).

Personally, I’d stay on site. I just love being in the bubble, and I don’t see how it would be any more difficult in the bubble for one night than out.

This is true! I am just thinking through the logistics with AS being such a huge resort whereas HI is a fairly easy in and out. We want an "easy morning" prior to our MK start. I imagine the HI is also a nicer room assuming we don't get a renovated one at AS.

Starting our trip earlier in "the bubble" is exactly why we are leaning toward taking the Priceline gamble.

Is it easier to move our luggage ourselves or have bell services handle?

We have always had a car and moved our luggage ourselves. There is nothing in our luggage that I'm worried about when leaving in the trunk of a car.

This eliminates any delays that may take place in dropping off our luggage or delivery of our luggage to our room.

Did you get it? I’m curious
I went to book it this morning and the deal was gone!! :( The 3* available now appears to be an AOA suite so a lot more money! I don't know if deals "come back", but hoping it does. If not, then Hampton Inn it is. :-)

We have always had a car and moved our luggage ourselves. There is nothing in our luggage that I'm worried about when leaving in the trunk of a car.

This eliminates any delays that may take place in dropping off our luggage or delivery of our luggage to our room.

Warning! Florida is hot most of the year. Car trunks easily become ovens. Stuff like deodorant and make-up will melt if left in a trunk all day long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter