• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Extra Pixie Dust for the kids....Any ideas?

Jaxy0408

Earning My Ears
Although going to Disney each year is great for my kids I also like to surprise them with a little extra pixie dust when we can. We will be going the end of September and staying at BLT, as long as we can get out of Philly with the Pope in town. So my daughter is 12, My son is 9 and so far we have done the following extra's for them
  1. The Pirate League
  2. Surprise trip to Legoland (my boy is loves his Lego's)
  3. Illuminations cruise
  4. Mickey's not so scary halloween party
Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Jim

BBB if your girl is into it, Pirates & Pals Cruise, Wishes Cruise, Some kind of tour (maybe family magic?), or let them "be in charge" for a day.

You can rent boats at the Contemporary and ride around Bay Lake.

Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream

During PM EMH, stay late and ride their favorite ride over and over until they are ready to throw-up

We also stay at Bay Lake (& Dolphin for split-stays).

I did not find the fireworks cruises to be a good value nor a superior good view. We found renting boats/motorcraft that we navigate ourselves to be more enjoyable and not overly expensive - the Boston Whaler was large enough for an entire family.

The Party's are fun, especially if you can walk to/from Bay Lake. But you should read about those. The most important aspect for us, particularly since our child is still fairly young (6 y.o.), is getting one or two photos with Characters not available at other time - the 7 Dwarfs. Also, those dance parties can be fun for little ones too. However, to really capture the value, staying in the MK for as long as possible makes the most sense - and a 6 y.o. just is not typically able to make it past, let's say, 9pm-10pm - about 3 hours.

My very adult (science oriented) sister also enjoys LegoLand. Sounds like fun.

Pirate League looks like fun. Just like Star Wars version. I think there is a Pirate Cruise too…..ran into Captain Hook & Smee inside Contemporary once….

Look here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/

I have never done one of the fireworks cruises, so I fully admit I don't have first-hand experience. But, at those ages, your kids might prefer being able to pick out their own special souvenir. I still have a ring that my dad bought me at Epcot when I was about 13. I can't say that I would have been that excited about a fireworks cruise at that age. I do think the MNSSHP is a great idea if you haven't done it before.

All very good thoughts. I did go to Disney land for work a few years ago and got my daughter a necklace that she still wears to this day.
Thanks

Your kids are a great age for La Nouba in DTD. My kids loved it around that age. We did a water park day, then cleaned up at the hotel and went for the early show which was at 6pm. My only mistake that day was I didn't make sure my kids had enough of a snack before we went. They did fine during the show but it was pretty much a family melt down (hangry! :scared:) when the show ended. All that waterpark fun and exercise did us in. We had a nice dinner at Wolfgang Puck afterward and a wonderful waitress who immediately brought us a bread basket :thumbsup2 which saved the day!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/downtown-disney/cirque-du-soleil-la-nouba/

I have never done one of the fireworks cruises, so I fully admit I don't have first-hand experience. But, at those ages, your kids might prefer being able to pick out their own special souvenir. I still have a ring that my dad bought me at Epcot when I was about 13. I can't say that I would have been that excited about a fireworks cruise at that age. I do think the MNSSHP is a great idea if you haven't done it before.
Ditto on the Souvenirs. I plan on doing Pick a Pearl for my daughter in Epcot as well as getting one of those Chinese Parasols with her name on it in Epcot. :)

an unexpected plush stuffed animal when you get to the hotel room (my kids are 12 and 10 and 8 and would still like this)

if 2 parents are going, then one-on-one time with each parent in the park doing all their favorites

Although going to Disney each year is great for my kids I also like to surprise them with a little extra pixie dust when we can. We will be going the end of September and staying at BLT, as long as we can get out of Philly with the Pope in town. So my daughter is 12, My son is 9 and so far we have done the following extra's for them
  1. The Pirate League
  2. Surprise trip to Legoland (my boy is loves his Lego's)
  3. Illuminations cruise
  4. Mickey's not so scary halloween party
Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Jim

Jim (at dinner one night with your kids) - "I'm getting so excited for our trip to Disney World and have ben out on the boards a lot lately. There was this one thread where I gavre my advice but wanted to see what you guys thought of it".
Kids - "what Dad?"
Jim - "someone asked what would be a great surprise for their kids at Disney World. Of course, I told them all about our surprises for you guys but then I wondered if there were other things you could think of"

Out of the mouths of children come solutions.

WDW has so many little attractions that often get forgotten and some are free.

Sitting on the beach, enjoying whatever drink or snack you and the kids enjoy and watching the light show on barges as they are towed around the lakes and resort.

The campfire sing along with Chip and Dale and a Disney movie at the meadow trading post in FW. You can take the boat ride from BLT to FW.

Just walking around Boardwalk at night and watch the performers.

A horse drawn, Wagon ride in FW. (this one costs $)

The 2 miniature golf courses. (this one costs $)

What ever you do, enjoy your trip!

AKK

Sounds like a great trip! We haven't done the illuminations cruise, but did the Pirates and pals in July. Lots of kids there in that 9-12 range and they had a ball. The dessert party beforehand was great and the Pirates were really funny. Spectacular view of the foreworks and includes character interaction also. I would suggest it for your crew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter