skiervt

Earning My Ears
Cast of Characters

Me - Mom
Dad
Son 1 - 10
Son 2 -8
Grandad/ma

Came back to universal studios at 6pm. Very impressed with the theming. My husband and I both work in theater and were suprised at how well done the sets were. Especially NYC, (and we're from NY!) Amity was also very well done. On a hot day you really feel like you are in a seaside town. Saw Twister (short wait). Suprisingly good, though Bill Paxton is such a bore, the effects were good. On to King Kong. Disappointing I thought. Kind of boring, and it actually bothered my stomach a little. Jaws next. Fun. Quick stop at BTTF on the way to dinner. Great fun, but now my stomach is really unhappy. I love simulators, but my stomach can only take them for so long and this ride was about 1 minute too long, but worth it.

Time to head for 7:30 res at Pastamore and meet up with grandparents. Food was terrific. Great (cheap) kid's menu and real food for grownups. Back to universal for a ride on Hanna Barbera. Fun but not nearly as godd as BTTF. Seeing the other cars around you during the ride spoils the effects a little. Outside to take our place for the fireworks. We are by the lagoon a little past Mel's Drive-In. The main fireworks are behind us with auxillary spots in the lagoon right in front of us. I make the comment to my husband that I have never stood so close to where the explosions were going off. Well, after it is over and we meet up w/ the grandparents who were sitting on the grass behind us, we find out that my dad got hit in the forehead with a piece of the fireworks. He wasn't hurt, (a small scratch), but scary. End of long day, but excited for MIB tomorrow. More later.

Love your reports. I'm glad to hear a positive comment about Pastamore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter