Fairfx - $1.99 at the moment

Sorry guys but i really don't know the answer to paying online with it,as i would also like to know the answer.I would like to pre-order the Photopass C.D.+use it to book Cinderella's Breakfast,was hoping i could use this myself. I believe Sarah(orangetiggs) is using hers to pay off some things to do with her wedding-hopefully she will be along+notice our posts+help us out.x.

As for getting the card i ordered it on the Mon+i believe i got it on the Tue,then the pin number came thru on the Thur.(for people who have only just ordered the card)-as i said in a previous post,do not delete the emails they will be sending you-there is an authorisation/activation code on them+you need this to activate your card once you have received.x.

i have used it online with no problems

2.00 to the £ again this morning

i have used it online with no problems

2.00 to the £ again this morning

Thanks Sarah-so for pre booking the photopass cd+Cindy's brekkie-i won't need to pay any extra for converting the money-as it's sold in $ and i have $ on my card?.x.

That is brilliant if you can use it online! I have no will power when saving (always dip in lol) but if it's in dollars I can't spend it, so can save that way, then pay for the holiday with it!

I'd assume, since there is no charge to use it in the US, there wouldn't be online either?

I wish I'd found this sooner! Actually, I wish I'd put more money on with the pound being SO strong!!!

yes no money to convert it as its already in dollars just use it like a normal card.

I got one now, rate of $1.98.

I already have a travelex card which I had loaded with a rate of $1.90, so now I have two cards. ooops!

Never mind I will use the travelex for smaller purchases and the Fairfx for paying the hotel which will save a few £s as it is over $2000 which will need to be paid.

I got one now, rate of $1.98.

I already have a travelex card which I had loaded with a rate of $1.90, so now I have two cards. ooops!

Never mind I will use the travelex for smaller purchases and the Fairfx for paying the hotel which will save a few £s as it is over $2000 which will need to be paid.

:thumbsup2 .Deffinatley good for paying the hotel with.x.

I'm so glad I found this Fairfx card - $2 to the £1 is amazing!!

:worship: Snowy Girls - Thanks for all your help in helping me along the way

I'm so glad I found this Fairfx card - $2 to the £1 is amazing!!

:worship: Snowy Girls - Thanks for all your help in helping me along the way

Hi Craig,You are more than welcome.(but i had a good teacher myself-David-Wickesy).I just topped up some more myself.x.

Hi Craig,You are more than welcome.(but i had a good teacher myself-David-Wickesy).I just topped up some more myself.x.

:hug: Thanks Michelle. I have been lurking on this thread and you have been doing a great job.

I can't really afford to top up any more before we go but Dad has taken advantage of the great rate.

OMG, I am having SUCH a nightmare with this :(
Some of you may remember I couldn't register with my BFPO address, but I rang the guy today and we worked out that if I regsitered at my mum's address, and paid by bank transfer, it got round the fact that my debit card isn't registered to that address. So far so good. That is, until I tried to pay by bank transfer, only to be informed by Barclays online banking that I must request a special card reading machine (pinsentry) to authorise any bank transfers, and it will take a week to get one sent.
So, spitting mad, I called the Telephone banking service to see if they could help. But, as I am not registered for telephone banking they couldn't help, although I could register and wait a week for a passcode.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
So, what do I do now? I mean, at the end of my payment request it states very clearly that failure to pay will result in legal action. It's not like I don't have the money and it isn't like I don't want to pay and now I am terririfed that they will send the heavies round to my elderly parent's home.

I emailed the guy I spoke to earlier explaining all of this and requesting his advice, but I am a)really annoyed and b)really worried now.

Anyone on here got any advice? I have ordered one of these 'Pinsentry' machine thingys, whatever they are. I am really cheesed off with the bank for not informing me of this change beforehand. As I live overseas all of my banking is done online, including numerous transfers. :(

:hug: Thanks Michelle. I have been lurking on this thread and you have been doing a great job.

I can't really afford to top up any more before we go but Dad has taken advantage of the great rate.

Hi David,Thank you for your compliment :hug: .Shame that you can't take advantage of the high $-glad your Dad was able to though :thumbsup2 .x.

OMG, I am having SUCH a nightmare with this :(
Some of you may remember I couldn't register with my BFPO address, but I rang the guy today and we worked out that if I regsitered at my mum's address, and paid by bank transfer, it got round the fact that my debit card isn't registered to that address. So far so good. That is, until I tried to pay by bank transfer, only to be informed by Barclays online banking that I must request a special card reading machine (pinsentry) to authorise any bank transfers, and it will take a week to get one sent.
So, spitting mad, I called the Telephone banking service to see if they could help. But, as I am not registered for telephone banking they couldn't help, although I could register and wait a week for a passcode.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
So, what do I do now? I mean, at the end of my payment request it states very clearly that failure to pay will result in legal action. It's not like I don't have the money and it isn't like I don't want to pay and now I am terririfed that they will send the heavies round to my elderly parent's home.

I emailed the guy I spoke to earlier explaining all of this and requesting his advice, but I am a)really annoyed and b)really worried now.

Anyone on here got any advice? I have ordered one of these 'Pinsentry' machine thingys, whatever they are. I am really cheesed off with the bank for not informing me of this change beforehand. As I live overseas all of my banking is done online, including numerous transfers. :(

Yes i remember you having trouble,it sounds like it has got worse :eek: .I don't know how bank transfers etc..work,but i believe you have done the right thing by emailing the same guy-you spoke to.Unfortunatley it looks like a waiting game at the moment-until you get that machine.I hope all goes well,let us know how it progresses.x.

Thanks Snowy.
Had a return email from the guy assuring me that no 'heavies' would go round my mums (bet he laughed at that!) and that he had made a note explaining the situation on my account. Phew!
Hopefully once this machine thing gets here, topping the card up will be less stressful!

Thanks Snowy.
Had a return email from the guy assuring me that no 'heavies' would go round my mums (bet he laughed at that!) and that he had made a note explaining the situation on my account. Phew!
Hopefully once this machine thing gets here, topping the card up will be less stressful!

Hi,
Excellent news,glad you got a personal reply+he has reassured you,bet you feel better now as well.Keep us updated.x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter