Fake pizza delivery beware at BLT

We were at BWV in Feb this year.... We saw them! There were 3 late teen or early twenty something guys. They were laughing, joking around and they were scary looking. I didn't even think to report them but looking back now I wish I had! :( They had the flyers and they were sliding them under doors... There is no way that someone who works there doesn't see these guys on a regular basis. It was broad daylight, maybe 2:00 in the afternoon.... I am wondering if there are security cameras in the hallways? Wouldn't those cameras catch this type of thing?

We got one yesterday at AKV. Its actually still near our door. We run over it with the stroller 10 times a day :rotfl: I honestly had never heard of the scam before. We order Papa Johns anyways.

We don't have any info by our phones or in our room warning about it though.

Do you have the card near the phone about phone charges, it is in there. It does not mention pizza but about being safe on the phone and using your credit card.

This has been happening for years. We get one or two of these a day it seems like. Obviously it works or they wouldn't invest so much time and energy.

Always only order from known and reputable places. We frequently do Domino's if we're wanting to be cheap or Giordano's if we want "good" pizza.

Funny enough, given the size of the WDW property, some places will not deliver to all areas. I believe Pizza Hut is one of them. Who will deliver to BLT is different than who will deliver to BWV and AKV.

But anyway, again, don't give credit card numbers to unknowns and don't order anything from a mainstream company. Tourists are big marks for any scam.

I get them all the time at SSR - it's very easy for people to walk over there from DTD to do this

Color me naive! We got a flyer at BWV earlier this year and ordered calzones and wings. They were fairly decent (by Orlando standards) so I saved the flyer. I'll have to look in my suitcase to find the name if the pizza shop. We weren't scammed, but we probably paid cash.

Yup, it was Joe's, but they are a legit shop. They just have a lot of chutzpah sneaking flyers into various Orlando hotels and resorts. lol.

But it's smart to not give your cc number to an establishment you aren't familiar with. And if scams are a real problem at Disney resorts, guests should be made aware of it when they check in. Most of us never never look at a hotel phone or read all the literature and brochures in our rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter