Fall 2010 Professional Internships

Hello everyone! I am new to the Dis Boards and had a question regarding the MI's and PI's. I was wondering how long it took to hear back about scheduling a screening interview after you had submitted your resume and applied for the job?

Hello everyone! I am new to the Dis Boards and had a question regarding the MI's and PI's. I was wondering how long it took to hear back about scheduling a screening interview after you had submitted your resume and applied for the job?

I submitted my MI application and was contacted via e-mail for a screening interview about 5 days later.

I haven't heard yet on the PIs that I just applied for on Friday.

Hope that helps :D

The questions asked were like, do you ahve a car? Do you fit the Disney look? Tell me about past job experiences, tell me about your time with Disney. Stuff like that. Nothing too complicated. :)

i applied for an MI on 1/26, and just received an e-mail today to schedule an interview... so over 2 weeks.

I just scheduled my interview for Web 2/17 at 9:45am... the waiting begins.

Thank you everyone for your responses! I scheduled my screening interview for next week :). Good luck to everyone applying!

I just applied for 3 PIs this past week. One of which was like Saturday. 2 are animal program PIs and the other one is management. I received an email from animal programs asking a few questions in which I had to answer via email. How long does it usually take to asked to participate in a screening interview?

For those of you that have written cover letters, I have a correct address to use, but who did you direct the salutation to? (The person who you are writing the letter to)

Did you say recruiter? Or something else?

I applied for some MI/PIs about a week ago. I got an email like a week later asking to set up a screening interview.

I'm worried it didn't go very well. She asked a TON of questions like, "Tell me about a time you...." and some were situations I've never really been in. For example, "Tell me about a time you were in charge of a project and something went wrong." I stuttered a lot and it didn't help that I had trouble hearing her.

Anyway, now I'm just playing the waiting game. :confused: I applied for a Fall CP, just in case. :)

Weird thing though, a few days after my interview I got a second email, identical to the one I had already gotten asking me to set up a screening interview. But I already had my screening interview. Should I call back again? Has this happened to anyone else?

Does anyone know if the list of posted internships is comprehensive, or are they going to continue to post internships? They don't seem to have the one I want listed...

Weird thing though, a few days after my interview I got a second email, identical to the one I had already gotten asking me to set up a screening interview. But I already had my screening interview. Should I call back again? Has this happened to anyone else?

I got three of those emails total. I called right after I got the first one and scheduled my interview, and then got two more before my interview. I have not gotten any more since then, so I'm not real worried about it. I'm just trying to think positive and think that multiple emails must mean that they really want me, haha! ;)

Don't know for sure about the screening interview... but did you apply for more than one? Do you need to get screened per interview or does that encompass all that you applied for?

I applied for some MI/PIs about a week ago. I got an email like a week later asking to set up a screening interview.

I'm worried it didn't go very well. She asked a TON of questions like, "Tell me about a time you...." and some were situations I've never really been in. For example, "Tell me about a time you were in charge of a project and something went wrong." I stuttered a lot and it didn't help that I had trouble hearing her.

Anyway, now I'm just playing the waiting game. :confused: I applied for a Fall CP, just in case. :)

I'm sorry! Don't worry though, no sense in worrying if you have no control over it now!

What other questions were you asked if you don't mind sharing?

In response to BOTH of these posts, I applied on Sunday the 7th and received my request to interview on Friday the 12th. I received the exact same email about an hour ago and I haven't scheduled my interview yet, so that did happen to me too!

kaysn87, hope you get your request soon!

kaysn87, hope you get your request soon!

I did! Thank you! My interview is on Thursday, so fingers crossed everything goes alright. As for the job postings, my college recruiter (I'm currently a Campus Rep for the CP) has told us that all the jobs have already been posted, so what's listed are the only ones they are offering for the Fall 2010 program.

So I called and asked and they told me that the reason I got a few of those emails is because I didn't apply for all my PIs at once. I applied for some at one time and then later I applied for more. So that might be the case for some of you guys.

Honestly the only questions I really remember were that the "Tell me about the time you..." questions just wouldn't stop coming. It began with general questions like "Will you be able to provide transportation for yourself" and "Are you comfortable living away from home." Then moved on to unlimited "Tell me about a time you were involved in a project that changed halfway through." or "What was the most difficult experience you had on your College Program and how did you overcome it" etc. etc.

Good luck to all those who have yet to apply! And I'm just gonna sit here crossing my fingers!! I applied for the CP anyway, just in case. I will hopefully at least get accepted into that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter