Fall 2012 Disney College Program Applicants

Ahhhh!!! I just applied last night and walked around the house like a crazy person waiting for my thank you email. I took the WBI today and passed (I literally help my breath the ENTIRE TIME!!). Next step phone interview Sunday at 4:30!!! Good luck to the rest of you!!!!:goodvibes

Hey everyone, I just finished my WBI (passed :thumbsup2) so I figured it was about time to come introduce myself.

I'm Nicole, I'm 23 (turning 24 in September) so I guess I'm on the older end of people doing the program. I graduate in May and am hoping something works out and I'm able to stay in Orlando after the CP (either PI, full-time work, or part-time and start a graduate program).

I've lived in SoCal all my life, about an hour away from Disneyland. I took my first trip to WDW last January for marathon weekend and have since been four times. I only applied for the WDW portion because it's new and different and far away.

My top roles are concierge, hospitality, and full service food/beverage. Then probably attractions. But I'd love to work in one of the resorts.

Good luck to everyone, hope to see you all down there in the fall!

I applied last night around 10:00pm (pacific time) and got the WBI invite around 9:00am this morning.

Well, Nicole, you are definitely not one of the older students applying for the College Program. I am over 50 and I applied last night, in 7 mins I got an invite for the web interview which I took tonight, passed and immediately got a response inviting me to call for a phone interview. The earliest date available was Monday the 30th @ 7:45 p.m. I am applying for the Disneyland area because I just moved to Oregon and want to live in CA.

Good luck with your web interview (and if you already took it, I'm sure you aced it! If an oldie like me can do it, so can anyone!)

Hello everyone!!

I'm Shaedde and I just did all of the application procedures a few hours ago and passed the wbi and now scheduled my interview for Tuesday @ 12:15pm :)

Good luck to all!

What is the total time it takes to do the first part of the appl (personal info) AND then the WBI? How much time would you allow without rushing any of it?
Thanks!

Hey Mickey'sbud (sorry, I think I'm too new here to quote your original post :confused3 )

It took me about 30 minutes to do the first part of my application, but I also reviewed everything before I hit the next button.

The WBI took me around 20 minutes, but it took FOREVER to get the invite to do it. I may be exaggerating on the forever part but it sure felt like it.

My suggestion would be to do the application right before class (or a meal, workout, ect.) so that you're not stalking out your computer waiting to recieve the email.

For each part just to be on the safe side I'd allow 45-60 minutes, but then again I have a tendency to overestimate things. :)

Which jobs are you applying for?

Good Luck! :goodvibes

Just finished the phone interview! No tricky questions - just basic stuff like what do I expect out of a hostess or how would I feel doing something repetitive. My interviewer was really nice - especially at the end, when we spent a good 10 minutes gushing about the program and what a great company it is to work for.

Now I'm freaking out. I'm always way more nervous after tests than before or during them! I don't know how I'm going to handle the next few weeks :hyper:

Good luck everyone! :goodvibes

I applied and took my WBI last night, passed :-)banana:) and signed up for my phone interview for next Wednesday (10am). My fingers are crossed it goes well. I figured I might as well get on here and introduce myself now that I am really into the process. I am Danielle, from the Jersey Shore (the real Jersey Shore, not MTV's lame version). I will be graduating in May with my second degree and decided to take this as an opportunity to try something I was unable to do during my first degree (I chose to go to London instead). I am really excited for this opportunity!! Pluto, Goofy and Stitch are my favorite characters!! Hope all our phone interviews go well and that we all get in!! Good luck to everyone who had their interviews and to everyone who still has them coming up!! :cool1:

Now I'm freaking out. I'm always way more nervous after tests than before or during them! I don't know how I'm going to handle the next few weeks :hyper:

I am the same way!! Though I probably stress out a decent amount before tests, especially the night before. The waiting to find out how I did is always the worst part for me!! Good luck to you!!

Woah woah woah.... Something strange just happened...

Ok first a little intro... I (unfortunately) decided not to do the DCP for the Spring 2012 program after I had accepted and now things have changed a bit and I want to try to get in for the Fall 2012 program.

This is my third time applying to the program and I JUST submitted my application tonight at about 9:30pm. At 10:30pm I received my "Thanks for Applying" e-mail and just now at 10:45pm I received an e-mail from Disney asking me to schedule a phone interview....

IT JUST SKIPPED THE WBI.

Has anyone had this happen before? I have submitted two prior applications and done the wbi's for both, so maybe they sort of have mine on record already? I just don't know what allowed me to skip the wbi altogether...

Woah woah woah.... Something strange just happened...

Ok first a little intro... I (unfortunately) decided not to do the DCP for the Spring 2012 program after I had accepted and now things have changed a bit and I want to try to get in for the Fall 2012 program.

This is my third time applying to the program and I JUST submitted my application tonight at about 9:30pm. At 10:30pm I received my "Thanks for Applying" e-mail and just now at 10:45pm I received an e-mail from Disney asking me to schedule a phone interview....

IT JUST SKIPPED THE WBI.

Has anyone had this happen before? I have submitted two prior applications and done the wbi's for both, so maybe they sort of have mine on record already? I just don't know what allowed me to skip the wbi altogether...

It seems that if you've taken the WBI before and passed, they no longer require you to take it again.

It seems that if you've taken the WBI before and passed, they no longer require you to take it again.

Hmm it makes sense. They've been changing so many things about the application process lately so I wasn't sure. Thanks! :goodvibes

Now I've got about a week until my phone interview on the 3rd, bright and early!

If you've taken the WBI and passed in the past 6 months, you don't have to take it again.
Lucky you! One less thing to worry about. :goodvibes
Good luck with your interview!

I second that! I've been checking my phone every time it makes the sound telling me I have a new email (plus an extra dozen when it doesn't). My interview was Tuesday morning, and the suspense is killing me!

Hey everyone! I have my phone interview tomorrow at 3:15. I'm so nervous I haven't slept since Monday! I figured you guys would know exactly what I'm going through so this would be a good support system.

Good luck to everyone!

Hey everyone! I have my phone interview tomorrow at 3:15. I'm so nervous I haven't slept since Monday! I figured you guys would know exactly what I'm going through so this would be a good support system.

Good luck to everyone!

Good luck!! Just breathe, smile, and be yourself! :goodvibes

I filled out my application Monday afternoon, I got my wbi email 30 minutes later and then an email for a phone interview less than 3 minutes later. I did my phone interview yesterday morning, and the interviewer was interested in the fact I could work in any condition and I worked in a job where I multi task and do many things at once. Now to wait two week for an outcome. Good luck to everyone else!:cool1:

hey guys I'm brand new here!

I applied for WDW College program for Fall 2012...I had my phone interview Wednesday, sooo 3 days ago and I'm SOOO impatient, I wanna know if I'm in or not! :confused:

Here's my list of the roles I want:

1. Character performer (I've been a dancer since I was little and my dream is to be either a face character or a dancer at disney!)
2. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess :cutie:
3. Attractions
4. Full-Service food and bev (oh god I love WDW Restaurants :love:

Hey, I'm glad I found this site! It'll be nice to connect with people!

I'm Jen, I'll be 20 next month and I'm sophmore. I want to do this program so bad and I'm kinda freaking out because my phone interview is in just over an hour.

The reason I want to do this internship, aside from the love of all things Disney, is that I absolutely love acting and I absolutely love kids, and the hardest thing for me is to chose between them. Disney offers the perfect mesh of being able to act and being able to interact with kids and brighten their day.

If you haven't guessed already, my first choice for my role would be a character performer. My second choices would be character attendance, costumes, and bibbity bobbity boutique. My super extra back ups would be attractions and merchandising.

It's my life's dream to be able to be Belle or Ariel at one of the two parks. Though I'm signed up to do my internship in WDW, eventually I would prefer Disneyland since it's closer to my family and my boyfriends family.

I applied for the fall 2012 program but I failed because I was hitting strongly disagree for the first few questions instead of strongly agree :(

I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I can have the WBI reset but I'm so nervous. I really hope I can reset it :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter