Fall 2012 Disney College Program Applicants

I have my interview Monday the 13th in the morning, and my husband has his Tuesday the 14th in the morning. Even though I am an alumni, I am still nervous, as it's not just me I have to worry about, it's my husband! I would have applied when applications came out but I didn't think my husband would want to do it this year, but he was the one who brought it up so of course I agreed :)
My top choices are:
1) character performer
2) vacation planner
3) concierge or attractions

My husbands top choices are
1) character performer(he keeps asking to watch videos of goofy on YouTube!)
2) transportation
3) photopass(his dads a photographer so he grew up using cameras)

I have been working on preparing him for his interview, but I am sure he will do just fine, he's great at interviews! And well, just getting jobs in general! Ha ha!

I have my phone interview today. I'm so excited! I have so many butterflies right now. My top choices were
1.Character performer
2. Character Attendant
3.Bibbidi Bobbidi boutique

Although I would be thrilled with anything they give me. I am interested by another role as well but I ranked low in my web interview. I was reading someone's CP blog and she was a Showkeeper which is (if I'm right) in the custiodial roles. Now that I've learned about that role, I've found it to be a role that I would like to do. Can I mention this in the interview or should I just stick to my top three?

I have my phone interview today. I'm so excited! I have so many butterflies right now. My top choices were
1.Character performer
2. Character Attendant
3.Bibbidi Bobbidi boutique

Although I would be thrilled with anything they give me. I am interested by another role as well but I ranked low in my web interview. I was reading someone's CP blog and she was a Showkeeper which is (if I'm right) in the custiodial roles. Now that I've learned about that role, I've found it to be a role that I would like to do. Can I mention this in the interview or should I just stick to my top three?

You can totally mention it to your interviewer. They will ask you about your top 3 and then touch briefly on the fact that you will be considered for everything you marked having low-high interest in- if you want to add custodial then that would be the time to do it!
Good luck in your interview- remember to smile :)

Just got done with my interview :) it was a blast! It lasted about 25 minutes because towards the end I asked about if she did the cp and then we talked about her experience. :) so glad its done! Now just gotta wait for the husband to have his tomorrow and he real wait begins!

That's awesome! Was it 2 weeks from your phone interview or from your initial application?

Costuming is my first choice! I had my phone interview on the 7th, but it feels like it's been more than 3 days.

It was 2 weeks from my phone interview!! And good luck, maybe we'll get to work together!!! :)

I've been accepted into the 2012 Fall College Program for Attractions at WDW! I'm super excited and would love to meet some people!

Hey everybody :) I've been reading these boards for a while and thought I'd say hello. My name is Brianna, I'm almost 20 and I'm a Marketing major. I had my phone interview a week ago today and the possibility of waiting ANOTHER week is killing me. Patience is not a virtue I possess...My top three choices are concierge, hospitality, and merchandise. I want to work with guests and have something great for my resume (as if disney wouldn't look awesome enough) :tinker:

Hey everybody :) I've been reading these boards for a while and thought I'd say hello. My name is Brianna, I'm almost 20 and I'm a Marketing major. I had my phone interview a week ago today and the possibility of waiting ANOTHER week is killing me. Patience is not a virtue I possess...My top three choices are concierge, hospitality, and merchandise. I want to work with guests and have something great for my resume (as if disney wouldn't look awesome enough) :tinker:

:goodvibes Good Luck!! I hope you hear something soon. My daughter is there now. She is a Jr. in college majoring in Mass Comm. with a track in Public Relations and Advertising. She is working in Merchandise at the Emporium in MK. SHE LOVES LOVES LOVES her job. She has even been able to start some networking .... to hopefully help her get a professional internship next. :) Wishing you all the best. :thumbsup2

I had my phone interview on the February 18 for Disneyland... I just got an e-mail that said this.

Thank you for taking the time to interview for the Disney College Program!

We are currently processing your application, and at this time your status is pending a final decision. We will be in contact with you if we require additional information.

The Disney College Program is a competitive internship and we receive thousands of applications every program season. Our team is evaluating your qualifications, and you will be contacted with an update on the status of your application by April... If you are not contacted within this timeframe, please contact our office at 1-800-722-2930.

We sincerely thank you for your enthusiasm and interest in the Disney College Program. We will be in contact with you as noted above.

Best regards,
Disney College Recruiting

Did anyone get this email or know if this is good or bad?

I had my phone interview on the February 18 for Disneyland... I just got an e-mail that said this.

Thank you for taking the time to interview for the Disney College Program!

We are currently processing your application, and at this time your status is pending a final decision. We will be in contact with you if we require additional information.

The Disney College Program is a competitive internship and we receive thousands of applications every program season. Our team is evaluating your qualifications, and you will be contacted with an update on the status of your application by April... If you are not contacted within this timeframe, please contact our office at 1-800-722-2930.

We sincerely thank you for your enthusiasm and interest in the Disney College Program. We will be in contact with you as noted above.

Best regards,
Disney College Recruiting

Did anyone get this email or know if this is good or bad?
It really just means that they can take until April to tell you if you got accepted or not. Some people get accepted after pended, and some people have waited till the end of April only to get denied. It's at least better than initially getting denied.

It really just means that they can take until April to tell you if you got accepted or not. Some people get accepted after pended, and some people have waited till the end of April only to get denied. It's at least better than initially getting denied.

It is pretty neutral, but better then being turned down. My guess is that they have a lot of applications to go through at this point in time.

TaiGirl pretty much covered what pending means, but if you want to read more the Disney Programs Blog has some information.

Best of luck, and have a Magical Day! :smickey:

I had my phone interview on february 15th and am still waiting to hear back. My top three choices were

1. Character performer
2. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
3. Character attendant

I am worried that I did not do well with the interview or limit myself with my choices of interest in working. I feel like I am jumping out of my skin because I want this so bad and it has been my dream for so long!:tinker:

I had my phone interview on february 15th and am still waiting to hear back. My top three choices were

1. Character performer
2. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
3. Character attendant

I am worried that I did not do well with the interview or limit myself with my choices of interest in working. I feel like I am jumping out of my skin because I want this so bad and it has been my dream for so long!:tinker:
From my knowledge, those are semi-popular roles and kind of limited. Did you audition for the Character performer role? Disney has a site with a list of all the locations for auditions, as I believe that is the process.

One thing I find funny with the new system is that the site doesn't limit BBB to only girls as the previous one did, as it is quite obvious. I'm a guy and would still love working there though. ;)

Keep your hopes up, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

From my knowledge, those are semi-popular roles and kind of limited. Did you audition for the Character performer role? Disney has a site with a list of all the locations for auditions, as I believe that is the process.

One thing I find funny with the new system is that the site doesn't limit BBB to only girls as the previous one did, as it is quite obvious. I'm a guy and would still love working there though. ;)

Keep your hopes up, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

I am auditioning in March for a character performer position or a parade/show performer.
The BBB is my second choice if I don't get in as a performer. It seems like it would be so much fun and a great experience to make little girl's dreams come true

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter