Fall/Fall Advantage 2008

Good luck with interviews, everyone! I have mine at 2pm and I am so scared!

I'm sure you'll do great! Just show your enthusiasm for why you want to be a part of it and you'll do great! :banana: I'm nervous too though!!! How could we not be!? :confused3

New citites have been added to the audition list! I'm not sure how many are new, but there were two additions for those of us in the Midwest - Ann Arbor, MI and Des Moines, IA!!!

I'm totally stoked because Des Moines is less than a 45 minute drive from me - way better than a 5 hour drive to Chicago!

Any other people looking at the Des Moines audition?

-No dates yet :(

Well my friends, I had my interview at 1 today, and as of 2:30 my application and checklist were faxed and mailed. The interview was really a lot of fun. Good luck to everyone else applying!

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone! Had my interview yesterday and it went AWESOME! My interviewer (Malasia) was so nice and sweet, I really felt like we had been friends for forever. Made me SO much more excited about living in a place where everyone has that love for Disney background.

Good luck everyone! I'm sure you will be great!

Hi everyone. I just had my interview today and I think that it went okay. I know a lot of people are thinking about auditioning for character performer. I am going to the Salt Lake auditions is anyone else going to this one?

what kind of things did they ask you guys? my neice is applying and has her interview next week. She is so nervous.

what kind of things did they ask you guys? my neice is applying and has her interview next week. She is so nervous.

The questions they ask range from personal questions (why do you want to do the college program) to questions about the roles you picked. Tell her good luck.:thumbsup2

I wanted to say hi to everyone. Im hoping to do the fall cp. I still haven't found out if I'll get credits or not. It's been a big run around with my school and work schedule. Does anyone have advice of how to get credit, or keep full time status? Also do you think it would be wise to go ahead and apply right now even though I'm not sure if I can do the program? Im just afraid it will fill up fast and don't want to lose a spot. Im interested in attractions maybe in animal kingdom? I hope I get to see everyone in the fall!

The best thing you can do is go talk to your advisor or contact one of your campus reps. I know that where I go to school, I can't get credit for the program, but I CAN keep my full-time student status, therefore keeping my financial aid and scholarships. It all depends on your school and maybe what classes you would take at Disney. I am planning on taking an online course while I'm down there just so I don't "totally play every day" my whole time down there (as my Mum says)

hope that helps!

I wanted to say hi to everyone. Im hoping to do the fall cp. I still haven't found out if I'll get credits or not. It's been a big run around with my school and work schedule. Does anyone have advice of how to get credit, or keep full time status? Also do you think it would be wise to go ahead and apply right now even though I'm not sure if I can do the program? Im just afraid it will fill up fast and don't want to lose a spot. Im interested in attractions maybe in animal kingdom? I hope I get to see everyone in the fall!

As Dee said, you should talk to your school/career advisor and see what your school offers. At Indiana State, we have a person that deals with the whole Disney College Program. Your school advisor will be your best friend throughout this process, as they should know what is going on.
As for applying for the program, you should go ahead and apply! One good thing about the program is that if you cannot do the program, you can always decline your acceptance. :upsidedow

i think I may apply soon.

As far as seeing advisors, my school doesn't have anyone that deals with the disney program. I spoke with one career advisor who had some information, but it was mainly on the professional internships. She had no way to help me find credit except to say that I should ask another advisor. When I asked my advisor I was told to visit our career center. I think I have to print out all of the classes and see if my advisor will give me credit.

Did anyone else have problems like this?

i think I may apply soon.

As far as seeing advisors, my school doesn't have anyone that deals with the disney program. I spoke with one career advisor who had some information, but it was mainly on the professional internships. She had no way to help me find credit except to say that I should ask another advisor. When I asked my advisor I was told to visit our career center. I think I have to print out all of the classes and see if my advisor will give me credit.

Did anyone else have problems like this?

Im having similar problems... Im pretty sure I cant get credit. I emailed a career services advisor and he didnt know and sent the email to the supervisor. The supervisor for shortly said ask your academic advisor. I emailed my academic advisor a week ago and still no response. If I get accepted I probably will just keep my full-time status by taking online classes. I dont really want to because thats a lot of work to keep up with 4 online classes but gotta do, whatcha ya gotta do :rolleyes:

I'm already a semester ahead so I am not feeling the pain as much as you guys are. Remember that you can always do the CP the semester after you graduate if you need to finish school first ;)

i'm hoping to do a PI after I graduate which is why I want to do this program soon. Thanks for the ideas. I also got the contact for kent phillips the disney educator relations. I'm hoping that he will be able to help. It sounds like he will.

I'm already a semester ahead so I am not feeling the pain as much as you guys are. Remember that you can always do the CP the semester after you graduate if you need to finish school first ;)

o. thats not the problem im also a semster ahead but i would like to get credit while im down there if i can and i have to keep full-time status for health insurance anyways.. i have to take online classes while im down there I'd rather only have to take 2 than have to take 4... but gotta do watcha gotta do. :rolleyes1

That's good for you, though. I am taking an online class this semester and I found out I can only take one more online class for the rest of my schooling. So weird, but I AM planning on taking an online class while I'm down there so I can at least get a little bit done.

I know Vanessa mentioned this on Facebook - but I was curious if anyone else who has interviewed was put down for both Fall and Fall Advantage?

I think I am going to tell them that my first preference is Entertainment and whichever program allows be to do Entertainment is my pick. But of the two, I would prefer Fall Advantage.

Any thoughts??

I know Vanessa mentioned this on Facebook - but I was curious if anyone else who has interviewed was put down for both Fall and Fall Advantage?

I think I am going to tell them that my first preference is Entertainment and whichever program allows be to do Entertainment is my pick. But of the two, I would prefer Fall Advantage.

Any thoughts??

I think that would be fine. I have always asked for advantage, and have gotten it both times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter