Family Auto Mart - anyone else fans?

DisneyGalKaitlyn

Earning My Ears
Just a weird question - does anyone else ever stay up late (or turn on the TV when getting back late) at the WDW resorts, and watch the awesomely cheesy and funny "infomercial" called the Family Auto Mart Show? It usually comes on at 12am or 12:30.

My family discovered this little gem a few years ago, and we'll stay up just to see it if only night! It's on the same channel as "Appliance Direct," if you've ever seen that commercial/program.

We're big fans now, and we've always wanted to visit, but we can never take the time away from the parks!! We even ordered t-shirts!

Highlights from the Family Auto Mart Show:

"Fixin' ta learn ya"
"Poot and Cleetus"
"Pickle and Paco"
"The Family Man Dance"
"O-O-Orlando"
Running rows of cars
The Family Man doing cartwheels (he's a big guy, too!)

They even have a Christmas special! Check out the website: http://www.familyautomart.com/

Hi DisneyGalKaitlyn. Welcome to the DIS, I'm really glad you found us.

I've never heard of this infomercial. I'll have to look for it in May.

I'm moving this to our community board for you :)

Katholyn

It's great....Orlando Orlando oooo oooo Orlando....Orlando Orlando....Family Auto Mart

DH and I discovered this on our last trip in October. It's on at midnight or 12:30 every night. The first time we saw it, they were doing the Pickle and Paco thing and singing the theme song. We stopped to make fun of it, thinking "what the HECK is this?" and kind of got "stuck" on it. We thought it was very odd and pretty stupid, but for some reason we just couldn't turn away! We found ourselves watching the darn thing EVERY night we were there and it just sorta grew on us. We even tried to figure out how we could hook up the camcorder to tape it, but never did. We hope to do so on our next trip!

I can't believe anyone else saw this, it is a sort of inside joke among our family. We were there in Dec, and saw a longer christmas special edition that was really great. Really stupid, but hypnotic.

dsanner106

Never seen family auto mart but Appliance Direct had us cracking up when we saw it on our October trip!When we went back in March, we purposely looked for it on tv! My daughter can even recite some of the lines and even imitates the guy quite well- "Have you ever seen a plastic toilet?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter