• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family of 4. WDW meals...

raspberrysharpei

Earning My Ears
No bad experiences---except Ms. High & Mighty, needing anger management classes--(she barreled her way in, with a double stroller, cut in line & when a customer standing in line said something to her, Ms. High & Mighty came UNGLUED). :scared1: Anyway that's another post...

Myself, Dsis, Dniece (11) & Dnephew (4.5) visited 8/10 to 8/15. ADRs made about 30 days out. Chef Mickeys (dinner), Crystal Palace (breakfast), & Plaza (late lunch). All ADRs honored on time.

Chef Mickey's (7:20 ADR)--Most expensive meal. Good food & service. I was surprised to see grilled salmon on the buffet & really enjoyed it. All the characters made their rounds in a timely fashion.

Crystal Palace (8:05 ADR)--Nice way to start MK. Standard breakfast buffet. I had to wait a while for eggs made to order. I enjoyed the theme & decorations of this restaurant, food was average. Tigger never showed up at our table.

Plaza (2:40 ADR)--Cancelled. Plans changed.

50's Prime Time Cafe (no ADR-seated within 5 minutes at 11:05 for lunch)--Good food & service. Again I enjoyed the theme. All the traditional American meals were very good.

Earl of Sandwich (DTD)--I think this one was my favorite, too many choices.

Thank you to all that helped me critique my plan before going to WDW.

:thanks:

We now are going to Chef Mickey's thanks to a nice dis member. Can you tell me more?

Unless you are staying at the CR, or using the monorail, parking was a bit of a challenge. We did arrive about 30 minutes early (a little less because of parking). The layout of the restaurant was spread out with the buffet located near center. Both sides of the buffet worked towards center & had the same menu. Family photo taken before our seating (no characters), during the meal the CM came to the table to give us a chance to view/purchase the photo/package, we declined. We were seated at a table next to the windows in the rear-which was nice to have the view. The entire restaurant was clean & service was really good, they did not rush you off when you were finishing. They have both booths & tables. It didn't feel like you were sitting on top of the table next to you either, at least not where we had been seated, it looked a bit crowded on the main floor. It's kinda loud & crazy, but that was expected, our children were just as excited as all the rest. :yay:

Typical buffet style. Soup & bread, full salad bar with plenty of choices fresh fruit and veggies-all fresh. Kiddie buffet with pizza, chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, hot dogs. Main dishes had chicken pot pie, fried chicken, an Italian dish (cannot recall what...it looked good) the grilled salmon, another pasta & seafood dish, grilled potatoes, rice with veggies, I almost remember having chilled shrimp cocktail. I have that champagne taste :) All the hot dishes were fresh. At the center they had a chef carving I think it was roast beef (maybe prime rib) and ham. At one point my niece had seen a pineapple & the chef was happy to cut it up for her, I thought that was great. Full dessert buffet. Cakes, cookies, ice-cream sundaes.
IMHO--we got our moneys worth. Plus we got a lot of the character autographs & photo opportunities before we got to MK. :thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter