Family of 8 needs hotel room strategy

disneywith6kids

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone has any tips to keep us organized in our rooms

1. How do you deal with all the wet bathing suits?

2. Where do you put all the toiletries on a small counter?

3. What about the dirty clothes?

We will have 2 connecting rooms but we will be there for 3 1/2 weeks, so please give me some strategy to keep us from insanity.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

get one of those shoe bags that have many pockets and hang over the bathroom door with everyone's stuff in a pocket.

You can also get one of those pop -up laundy bags that are at Walmart, Kmart, etc for about $8 or $9 for the laundry. They are like the playhut toys, but will fold to a small circle when not in use and for travel.

We hang out wet bathing suits on hangers then across the bathroom shower curtain rod. We wring them out so they are not dripping then put a towel over the edge of the tub to catch any drips. As long as they aren't soaking wet, they hang and dry in little time. If your bathroom has one of those heaters on the wall, turn it on and leave the door closed to make a sort of dryer.

Hope these ideal help.

I second the temporary pop up laundry hamper. I would guess for a group your size for that length of time you will probably do some laundry during your stay. For swimsuits I would suggest either running them through with a quick load of laundry and drying them, or use the clothes line that is in the shower to string them up to drip dry. Depending on where you are staying and the bathroom layout, I would consider getting some inexpensive plastic baskets or boxes for each person to have a place for their stuff. Then you can stack them either on the hanging rack, put them in the cabinet if they have one, or anywhere else you can stack them up. I'm sure Target or WalMart would have something very reasonable. Have a blast!

I use the hamper. It is wonderful. Also I use the shoe bag but the hooks are normally too small to go over the top of a hotel room bathroom door. When that happens I put it at the shower end of the showercurtain rod, right over the curtain.
Because it is by the toilet no one trys to move it to take their shower. Also, I have little ones and I can shut the bathroom door to keep them from playing with the stuff.

We have used the "over the door" shoe holder (got the tip from these boards!!) & it works great. Sounds like you may need 2. We put everything in it, including camera, film, sunscreen, & all toiletries.

For the dirty clothes - we put our suitcase either in a closet or under the bed if it fits & then put the dirty clothes in it. When it is time for laundry I wheel it to the laundry room, then after I fold the clothes I put them back in the suitcase & wheel it back, unpack it & start over. When it is time to go home, one suitcase is already packed (even if it is with dirty clothes!!).

The hanger idea for the bathing suits is a good one. We usually hang ours right in the closet if they are not dripping wet so people can use the shower after a day at the pool or water park.

A good tip I learned about hanging bathing suits.....Hang them upside down..by the crotch....so this part probably will dry first...which means if they aren't quite dry it's not so uncomfortable to put them back on....

I have a family of 6. I've always packed a couple of kitchen trash bags for laundry. (keeps the smell down in the room, because you can close them up). I try to do laundry at least once even on a one week trip. The bag(s) of dirty laundry still packs into a suitcase and keeps the dirty separate from the clean stuff.

No new ideas for bathing suits.

i dont know which resort your staying at but when we stayed at the WL we hung our bathing suits on the balcony over the chairs and they dried very quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter