• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fanny packs for kids

Bryn

Earning My Ears
Where can I get fanny packs for kids (other than actually at WDW)? I want to buy 2 ahead of time for 2 yr old and 11 yr old. DH and I have 3 but they are all too big for the kids.
I wish I had thought of this at the beginning of summer when there would have been lots in the stores but as we go into autumn, I don't know where to look.

Any help is appreciated !!

I saw a similar (well, actually identical) thread from KHuntress that was posted a day before this one of mine. I guess I should read forward a bit before posting a question!!
Sorry about that.
If anyone has other leads, I'd love to hear them. We don't have Target in Canada and our Wal-Marts have quite different stock than the US ones. I do travel on business (Manhattan, Chicago) but I'm usually in downtown areas where Wal-Marts and Targets are rare.

We paid for our room with AmEx card and they gave us a fanny pack at check in. I didn't care much for it, but it wound up being perfect for my 6yo son. He loved the Mickey look to it, it was just the right size to carry his spending money and snacks, and the belt adjusted small enough to fit his waist. It's the one he wants to use on our next trip. Another poster mentioned that each person in the party should get one, but we only got the one.

My AAA has them with classic Pooh. They are child sized (perfect for children). They also have Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore luggage tags and locks. They are so cool!

I asked my then 5 yo twins to help pick out a fanny pack for our upcoming Disney trip (1999) and they both said they would rather wear a fanny pack that was purchased while in WDW than to actually buy one prior to going. I was soooo surprised! And I'm glad I waited. They have worn their "mickey" packs to many major league baseball outings, our family trip to Chicago, etc. JMHO

There were some on www.oshkoshbgosh.com a few weeks ago. I haven't looked recently. We have a local Oshkosh store at our outlet mall, that's where I picked up ours. I do look on the website frequently. Hope this helps.

Coleman's Kids has one for about $12 or so that was perfect for us last year. It has a section that held autograph book, pen, snacks, and a disposable camera. They come with a water bottle but with it full it was a little heavy for our kids. (4 1/2 and 6) The belts were a bit long so I tied a knot in each strap and they fit great. They are blue and purple too so they can use them for years since they aren't too "babyish."
It was great for them to get out their cameras or snacks whenever they wanted. DH and I didn't have to keep taking off our packs!:D I highly recommend having the kids carry their own pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter