Fantasia Gardens Question...HELP!!

wdwoldtimer

Member of the WDW Gas Grill Club
I have a question for anyone who's played a round at Fantasia Gardens:

What color golf balls are available??

Please help, I'm trying to firm up our schedule!! I've only got 31 days!

This bizarre. This is the second question about golf ball colors at FG on this page right now . . .

Anyway, they have pink, purple, green, red, blue, yellow, orange, and maybe a few others.

I am dying to know why on earth this could possibly matter . . .

LOL, thanks GEM!!

Ok, maybe it is bizarre, but no more bizarre than you actually knowing the colors!! LOL!

We're planning a high stakes mini-golf game and are choosing ball color now so as to avoid any arguments or discussion when we get there. Plan-aholics.

Ok, if I may ask a follow on question....which ball in your opinion was the better color? I'm partial to Yellow, but like I said, this is a high stakes game and I need every advantage I can get.

Thanks!!

How funny. Well, I do know the colors because DH and I are mini golf freaks and we have to play each course a couple of times on each trip - and we have been on lots of trips. I have to say, though, that I don't have a favorite color. I just grab one. If you are serious about your mini golf, make sure you play the Fantasia Fairways course. It's really hard, but lots of fun. It looks just like a real golf course, only miniatureized. It's got sand traps, hazzards, etc. Good luck with the game!

Yeah, we're mini-golfaholics too. We might try the Fantasia Fairways too...it depends on how much time we have. Oh, hey, about how long does a round at Fantasia Gardens take? It'll help us plan better.

Also, if you see a mysterious person named Miss Jasmine or DisneyJen asking similar questions, don't answer!! I need any advantage I can get!!

Too late, GEM already responded on my post.

I'm strategizing away. bwaahhaahhaaaaa

Sure you got a reply, but did GEM email you her analysis of ball color vs. ball performance? I've got all the stats, she sent me graphs, charts, surveys, the works!! You're going down!! You have no idea which color ball is best. I know!! I have the data to back it up!

You guys are scary. ;)

It usually takes me and DH about 45 minutes to play one side of a course. But we tend to go when it's pretty empty. If you don't want to wait behind other people, I suggest playing later at night. We like to play around 9p.m. or so. It's cooler and less crowded.

I don't know if you are only doing Disney, but there are lots of other great mini golf courses in Orlando. We really love Pirates Cove and Congo River as well.

Definately try to play the Fairways Course. It's really hard, but lots of fun. The courses at Winter/Summerland are really cute and lots of fun, too. They are easier than the Fantasia Gardens courses, though.

My husband and I have a tournament on each trip. He won the last one. I think we played about 12 rounds on that trip at 6 different courses! I can't wait until our October trip so I can have my revenge!

Jas and OT need all the advantages they can get for this high stakes game as they are mere amatuers at the game of golf.

GEM are there any left handed putters available?

I'm not sure. Neither of us is left handed, so we never checked.

By the way, if you play one round at a Disney course and then decide to play another round later on the same day, you can do it for half-price! Just keep your receipt from the first game.

LOL, amateur, eh? You don't really think they have left and right handed putters, do you? That won't help you! You don't stand a chance. Everyone knows the key to the mini-golf game is picking the right colored ball. Every course is different. A good color at one place may not be so good at another. Like I said, I'm on the inside track with a course pro. I know which color works best according to weather conditons, hole, weight of putter head... everything. You don't stand a chance.

Thanks again for the tips, GEM, maybe we'll go for two rounds..depends on the rest of the schedule.

Oh, do they provide Disney themed pencils for scoring and can you keep/steal one? Definitely don't tell Jas about the stealing part.

Just regular old little bitty pencils. Sorry. Like I said, I don't kow about those left handed putters (or if there is such a thing) - but I do know they have little bitty short putters for tiny sized people, if you need one of those. :cool:

GEM thanks so much for the info on the putt putt courses at WDW:) I am sure that OT is creating a spreadsheet or matrix on the pros and cons of each of the colors which he will carry on his Pocket PC and further analyze after each and every stroke. I am of course convinced that the blue ball is perfect for OT.

Thanks for the tip on playing twice in one day ... I suspect that we will not settle this score during just one round... and a sudden death play off is not an option.

Did someone say steal??!!??!! Not on my watch.

Thank you for all of the information GEM.

And I am no amateur. I have logged many hours on miniature golf courses. Sure they were in my younger years, but I bet I still have more experience than you two older participants. On that note, GEM do you know if Fantasia Gardens is ADA compliant and wheelchair accessible?

Also does anyone know if they offer a senior discount? I don't need the electric wheel chair access ... OT needs that...

TIA!

I didn't say I was going to steal your watch, Jas!! I said I was going to OT-ify the scoring pencil if it was a nice one. Heck, I'll snag it even if it is a cheapo.

I don't need electric cart access, when you two lose by a 10 or 15 stroke margin, part of the deal is, you're going to carry me back to the resort.

Does anyone know if they have Bibles available at the check-in desk? Someone's gonna be needing to pray! Is there a fully stocked kitchen somewhere on the course. You never know when someone might want to whip up a 6 course gourmet meal while on vacation. I'm thinking we better call ahead for these special requests.

But most importantly, do they sell any special pins at the course?

Ok, let's settle this once and for all. The light pink golf balls are DEFINITELY the best, and when coupled with a lefty golfer, the combo is superior in every way.

Sorry OT. Good luck ladies, may the course be with you.

Mlcar ... thank you for the advice on the ball choice as well as the putter choice :earseek:

We all of course are a little concerned whether or not the putt putt course will be open in the event of a power outage like the one experienced today at EPCOT and surrounding resorts.

Is the course more challenging during the day or evening? We are trying to plan meals around our playoff putt putt:D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well, now that i have entered the thread of the nearly insane.......

We really loved going to this course late at night. We were one of the last 'new' people allowed on for the day. It was definitely cooler and was a blast. My DS shot the best score for the day so he was elated.

We also played Pirates that is up near Bahama Breeze on ?Universal Drive? or up in that vicinity. I believe there is one closer right off the I slightly above disney. Seems like we saw it on the way back (of course). We like Pirates- have one with 5 courses in Wisconsin Dells. Have also played it in Branson & Rapid City SD.

Can you guys move your vacation up a little? We will be arriving Sunday nite and I would LOVE to see your competition.

Perhaps you would like to enter the competition ... This is high stakes putt putt ...

We are looking at playing after a late sushi dinner at the Swan ... tee off time if OT his had his way at 11:59 p.m. Jas and I are morning folks so we are aiming for the first tee off of the day:earseek:

Perhaps OT and I can have another round as we will be there longer than Jas ... who knows:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter