Fantasmic Dinner Package-Which showing? Whats on the menu?

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
I made my PS today for the Brown Derby but I wasn't told for which showing of Fantasmic I would be seeing. Are you able to take your pick? Do I need to call back and specify? I am worried that I will have the late showing and I have 2 toddlers.

I read the reviews on this site and saw comments about there not being much for kids to eat. What is on the menu? With the package do you get a drink, appetizer, main course, and dessert?

Thanks!

I have heard that the Fantasmic Dinner Package is always for the first showing, so you should be fine. :D

Like Kaycee said the FDP is usually for the first show. We have been to the 2nd show during a busy time of year(Christmas week) and there was no need for the package then as we walked in shortly before the show, and even at show time the theater wasnt full. The sections on either end were empty. From what I hear the second usually isnt filled to capacity like the first show is.

At Brown Derby you get your choice of appetizer, soup, or salad, your choice of entree, and a dessert. I believe nonalcoholic beverages are included, but Im not 100% sure.

Well, we just booked last week and got a 3:30 resevation for a 9:00 show. I was hoping for a later dinner time.
Lucy's Mom

Lucysdad, if you want a later time, keep trying as your trip gets closer. We were in a similar situation last summer when we tried booking the FDP. About 3 weeks before our trip, later times opened up.

The waiter gave me a blue voucher to take to the dinner package entrance, which is by the stroller rental in the front of the park. The CM will take your voucher and you go for a pretty long walk to the amphitheater. Once there, a large roped off section on the right (as you face the stage) is reserved for dinner package guests. Pick your favorite seats in the section.

I was seated right before 8:00 (show started at 8:30), and the seating was filling up quickly. We were able to take the stroller to just outside the entrance, where some CM told us to put our stroller in the grass. They do have a few vendors go up the rows in case your children are hungry for cotton candy. By 8:30 the place was full, but there are some "standing room only" steps in the rear of the amphitheater. We exited the venue to the right as you are facing the stage.

To be honest, after the first show, everyone left the park. It was neat to walk around MGM with no crowds. We stayed and walked right in to Muppetvision (a favorite for the 2 1/2 old). If you decide to stay for the second Fantasmic show, seating anywhere in the amphitheater shouldn't be a problem.

We didn't eat at Brown Derby, but our 2 1/2 year old loved the mac and cheese no matter where she ate at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter