Fantasmic Dinner Pkg gone??!?!?!?

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
A friend of a friend called WDW on Monday to get further details about the Fantasmic Dinner Pkg and which restaurants are included, but was told by the CM that it is no longer available. Is this true? I can't imagine why it would be cancelled. When "ressies" are made for one of the restaurants, it guarantees revenue (each adult must order an entree, as opposed to just a salad or appetizer) for WDW and doesn't cost WDW to "rope" off" a section of the ampitheatre for its patrons. So, true or untrue??:confused:

Countdown to WDW:
15 days - 26 minutes - Yippee!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Anything's possible, but I tend to think there was either a misunderstanding or your friend was simply given wrong information.

Eliminating the dinner packages would be pretty big news, especially on the restaurant board, and nobody seems to know anything about it.

The CM may have meant that the reservations can only be made while on property, or that the package is not offered at a particular restaurant.

If the whole thing really has been canceled, I'm sure we will here about it very quickly from multiple people.

I also believe this is just another example of CMs giving out incorrect information. Most likely, the CM couldn't find anything on the computer about the Fantasmic Dinner Package (because you can only book it at MGM or at your on site resort and only 7 days or less in advance). Not seeing it, the CM made the assumption that it is no longer available. Anyway, that's what I think happened. :D

We ate at the Brown Derby just to get the passes for Fantasmic. They had the best cream of mushroom soup, BUT, we wouldn't have eaten there if it weren't for the passes. I can't imagine they'd do away with it. We did have to make the reservation for the Brown Derby while at MGM. I think raidermatt and CarolMN have the right answer.

We were at WDW last week and had the dinner package with Fantasmic and Hollywood and Vine. When we made the ressies, no one mentioned that is was being discontinued. I hope not. We love it.

....in your post you mentioned that you had eaten at H & V. How did you like this restaurant? I am "leaning" towards making ressies for this place cuz' we have a large party (13 of us!!) and I figured that the buffet would suit even the pickiest of us (namely, my DS!!) Is there anything you especially liked/disliked???:rolleyes:

All three of us loved H & V. The other things they had were roasted turkey breast, prime rib, salmon, brushetta, mashed potatoes, green salad, green beans with tomatoes, pasta with tomato sauce, cucumber and onion salad, strawberry shortcake, brownies, pineapple upside down cake and key lime cake. The kids buffet had french fries, chicken nuggetts and meatballs in sauce. We loved the salmon, brushetta, green beans and strawberry shortcake. My son loves fish so he did not eat from the kids bar so I can't really tell you how that was. When really enjoyed the meal and the seating at Fantasmic.

...you are making me HUNGRY, Poohy;) !!!! Wow, salmon at a buffet??!?!?!?!

Countdown to WDW:
7 days - 1 hour - 3 minutes - WOOHOO!!:bounce:

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter