Fantasmic! Information and shared experiences!

I wrote our "play by play" for F!'s opening return but am not the thread's OP.

No, I wasn't being sarcastic -- melding with our local crowd really was the best part of the event. Yes, talking with strangers was delightful. Yes, "defending the space" while waiting for 3+ hours was a real element of the experience -- but it was a shared experience. It was delightful. The crowd around us was great fun -- we enjoyed it thoroughly. (Not being sarcastic.)

Exchanging smiles and conversation with strangers is the best part of going to Disneyland!
This attitude sounds exactly like what ruins the experience for everyone who actually follows the instructions.

For the second show on 5/28, we tried to watch fireworks on the bench between the French market and HM, but they were cancelled. So we wandered over to the Hungry Bear dining package entry around 9:35 or so and ended up with a front row railing seat for the 10:30 show.

Attachments

• BAA72FAD-ABE1-4F48-92BD-82395D455294.jpeg
    BAA72FAD-ABE1-4F48-92BD-82395D455294.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 21
Ugh, two hours. What do you think would happen if you tried to walk up 30 minutes before show time?
There were very few spots left at that point and they kept asking people to try and squeeze forward. Most people were there and seated around 7:30. But I think a lot of this has to do with it still being opening weekend, I would give it a few weeks and see what the reports say at that point.

There were very few spots left at that point and they kept asking people to try and squeeze forward. Most people were there and seated around 7:30. But I think a lot of this has to do with it still being opening weekend, I would give it a few weeks and see what the reports say at that point.
Gosh this is so disheartening! The whole point of a dining package (for me at least) is so I don’t have to stake out a spot for hours.

Did they allow you to make substitutions to your Hungry Bear meal?

Gosh this is so disheartening! The whole point of a dining package (for me at least) is so I don’t have to stake out a spot for hours.

Did they allow you to make substitutions to your Hungry Bear meal?
Well the dinning package just means you have a specified viewing area.

Sorta, here is my post about it.
Just got my meal at hungry bear. They were able to make the salmon salad without the bacon and I was able to sub out the bacon potato salad and desert for extra broccoli but they did not have replacement options. Will report back later on how the food is since I took it to go as I’m not super hungry right now. I will likely only be doing standby going forward unless they make some serious menu changes.
My meal was good. I may need to get something small to eat later with the lack of a carb component, but the salmon salad was good cold. It has a kick to it and I like the seasoning they put on the broccoli. That could have been better if I ate it hot but it tasted fine cold.

Well the dinning package just means you have a specified viewing area.

Sorta, here is my post about it.
Thanks for sharing! You helped me make my mind up. I’m canceling my Hungry Bear dining package for 2 for 6:30 this Thursday (6/2). If anyone wants to try to coordinate for it, message me.

Long time Dlr's know to just wait for the first show to end and fill in right behind the guests who waited hours for the first show.
100% I can’t imagine paying for a meal that doesn’t sound appealing and then still camping out for your spot. As someone who worked at Disneyland for several years, I hate seeing this system and the behavior of “defending your space”. For gosh sakes, it’s a theme park show not the Alamo.

Last edited:
Can someone clarify River Bell Terrace- do you have to reserve the Fantasmic dining package or can you reserve the regular dining and just request it when you get there. What time did standby start to fill?

Can someone clarify River Bell Terrace- do you have to reserve the Fantasmic dining package or can you reserve the regular dining and just request it when you get there. What time did standby start to fill?
premium package where you eat and stay at your table for the show is the specific dining package. Reserve regular dining and request when you get there for the seated on the ground section.

I'm going to cancel 2 different River Belle Premium packages for 3 people for 6/18 and 6/20 if anyone is interested and wants to coordinate a time.

These new boxes feel so much more organized than the old boxes. But is that a regular fountain drink? They got rid of the organic cane sugar Blue Sky soda?
Is there any Fantasmic theming on the bag or other stuff?
The bag has a fantasmic sticker. You basically get a fountain drink or coffee. I had to press to get a bottle of water.

New to the forum. Going solo to Disneyland Sep. 12-16, M-F. On the Friday, I'm planning on watching MSEP at 8:45, Fireworks at the Hub at 9:30, and Fantasmic with Hungry Bear Dining Package at 10:30.

Do you think I will have enough time to get a good spot at the Hungry Bear viewing area after Fireworks at the Hub (and stopping for the bathroom on the way to Rivers of America)?

Mid-Sep should be one of the slowest times of the year, but it is a Friday night without any Magic Key blockouts.

Thanks!

New to the forum. Going solo to Disneyland Sep. 12-16, M-F. On the Friday, I'm planning on watching MSEP at 8:45, Fireworks at the Hub at 9:30, and Fantasmic with Hungry Bear Dining Package at 10:30.

Do you think I will have enough time to get a good spot at the Hungry Bear viewing area after Fireworks at the Hub (and stopping for the bathroom on the way to Rivers of America)?

Mid-Sep should be one of the slowest times of the year, but it is a Friday night without any Magic Key blockouts.

Thanks!
I'm thinking you'll be fine at the 2nd show. I saw a youtube where someone had River Belle for the 2nd show and didn't have issues getting a spot.

Thanks!
2nd show is always lighter. You should be fine..

I just want to comment not to count on mid sept Being slow. That will be the start of the Halloween season and Halloween offerings will be in full swing. It's really no longer a slow time. Plan accordingly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter