Fantasmic opening weekend...

katyringo

DIS Veteran
I am planning to arrive in Anaheim around 830am on May 24th. I'm staying through the 28th- 4 days in the parks. I'm very excited. I did not go to Dinsey for the first time until 2017 at the age of 29. 6 years later..... and this solo trip in May will be my 9th Disney trip- both coasts! But Fantasmic on Rivers of America was my first show. When we went in October 2022, the night we planned to see Fantasmic it stormed- canceling the show. So bummed!

Anyway- I'm planning to see it opening night. Is anyone else going to be trying to see it opening night?

60-day dinning window would be March 25th- Do we think dinning packages will be available this night? IF not- what kind of crazy are we dealing with to get a spot to watch?!?

Side note: When Our fantasmic show was cancelled we had a hungry bear package and I tried to get a refund and they absolutly refused.. but told me I could bring my voucher back any nite in the future that they could confirm the date was rained out originally. Do i dare try that opening night.:earboy2: (No I will not be.. I doubt they would honor it any other night either, not sure the dude knew what he was talking about..)

Do i dare try that opening night.:earboy2: (No I will not be.. I doubt they would honor it any other night either, not sure the dude knew what he was talking about..)
Why not try? The worst they could say is 'no' but I would still bring voucher and nicely explain what you were told. Fantasmic is so popular I think every night will be busy, it won't make a difference if it's opening day or not. :)

I'm not 100% sure about the dining package questions, other's may offer tips about that.

Look forward to show returning!! :smickey:

I'm so excited Fantasmic is coming back! I wonder what it will be like. I do like how relaxed ROA area is in the evening without it, though.

You might as well ask about your voucher. Maybe they'll honor it. I think they must have the dining packages for opening night, otherwise it will be like the good old days when people just camped out for hours waiting for Fantasmic to start. I didn't mind that at all, but I think Disney does.

I'm so excited Fantasmic is coming back! I wonder what it will be like. I do like how relaxed ROA area is in the evening without it, though.

You might as well ask about your voucher. Maybe they'll honor it. I think they must have the dining packages for opening night, otherwise it will be like the good old days when people just camped out for hours waiting for Fantasmic to start. I didn't mind that at all, but I think Disney does.
I'll probably ask about it but maybe not for opening night lol!

They offered dining packages opening weekend when Fantasmic came back after the pandemic.

I lucked out and I had booked a May trip before Fantasmic's return was announced. The 24th is the last day I was planning on being in the parks. So, opening night it is. Even traveling solo, I'm seriously looking at a dining package.

Well hubby came through for Christmas! I guess I'm ready for the show!

So dinning plans did come back right away when it returned after Covid? Why did I think they didn't? Maybe it's because fastpass never returned for it..

Attachments

• IMG_4601.jpeg
    IMG_4601.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 15
Since HMH won't be open yet, I assume Pirates will still be Genie +. I wonder what they are going to do with the Pirates standby line when Fantasmic starts. :scratchin

Humm, Nope. At least not for me. I was on at 6:00:00am and never saw a thing open up for Fantasmic.
A few for Blue Bayou and Trader Sams but zippy for Fantasmic.

nothing for Fantasmic opened for me either. I did book a river belle brunch for opening time- the website still states that the blue bayou and hungry bear you book ahead of time, but at riverbelle you request from your server..

nothing for Fantasmic opened for me either. I did book a river belle brunch for opening time- the website still states that the blue bayou and hungry bear you book ahead of time, but at riverbelle you request from your server..
I guess time will tell if we missed it, if the dinner service is not up yet or Disney is using opening day for a VIP type thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter